Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exams!

+5
Legolover-361
Karmanu
The Dark Hunter
GoldenTahu
Riglax
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Exams! - Page 2 Empty Exams! 20th May 2011, 5:33 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

First topic message reminder :

Who else has them? :$

26Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 4th June 2011, 8:04 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Right. I'm just saying that being homeschooled doesn't automatically mean you stay at home all the time. Frankly, I think I'd die without communication with the outside world -- maybe that's why I'm on the internet so much. Tongue

27Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 10:28 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Their Mistake Story Manager

Right guys. But I think we're forgetting that though the public scholls may suck in America, that is not necessarily the case where Rigs is from.

28Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 3:35 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

GT has a point. In Europe private/public schools are the best choice for your kid.

Also, my point here is that public schools in Europe give you some vital lessons of communication and other stuff that a school at home cannot give you.

@LL: Yes, but it means you must stay inside until you're done. In my case you have to go out, which is always good.

29Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 3:49 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:@LL: Yes, but it means you must stay inside until you're done. In my case you have to go out, which is always good.

Again, you're assuming that homeschoolers stay inside. It's not like we have certain set times for doing homework -- as long as it gets done before bedtime (preferably before the late afternoon), we're fine.

Also, like Zar said, it depends on the family. Some homeschooled families are more active than others. And believe me, I've been around plenty of other people, whether homeschooled or not; I'm a sociable enough person (a little shy at first, but sociable).

I'm not even sure I'd want to go to school, considering that most schoolkids I know use profanity. If I'd been in school all this time, would I be using profanity, too? I can't think of any "vital lessons of communication" that you could learn in school that I haven't.

Not only that, my birthday falls almost two months after the "cutoff" date, which means that if I were in school now I'd be finishing up ninth grade, rather than working on homework from tenth grade to basic college-level work.

While school is a great choice of education, it generally depends on the kid and parents. The way I see it, homeschooling can be just as effective as going to normal school.

30Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 4:18 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

You are totally missing the point. We are talking about two different educational systems. We don't have grades here, but rather divide the school to three daprtments.

Nevertheless, regular school in Europe has and will be the best. Heck, none here knows that there's homeschooling. In a schooll, as opposed to another homeschool, you learn how to be social, and learn how to act in a group, and work as a group. Schools prepare a human being by simulating a small human society-- so when the adult is ready to go, he can work for not only himself -- but for the better of the world.

Also, I may use profanity in school but that's just a way of living really. There's nothing bad about it, and it can be funny sometimes, really funny. But you don't have to.

Bottom line, normal schools in Europe give you some vital stuff I believe homeschooling just can't do, unless done with a group. Now I don't know how bad schools are there, so let's not go there.

31Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 4:24 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

In most of Europe there's primary school which has six classes/grades, then there's secondary, which has more three and that's where you can drop school and work. Nevertheless, if you stay on school, you go to High School which is another three years.

Then there's a lot of ways to pick.

32Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 4:28 pm

Zarayna

Zarayna

Retired

Retired

Do you know something that a school can never do? It's called being around family, and learning from them. In homeschooling - at least with me - I usually talk about each subject I'm going to do, with my mom. In a school, one-on-oneness cannot be found, at least to as well as in homeschooling.

On top; of that, of course, is a lack of pressure to conform, you know? I'm not under pressure to dress a certain way, act a certain way etc. Therefore, homeschooling allows you to be different, which can be a good or a bad thing, depending. I view it as a good thing in my case...

Also, I might add that my experience with public schools is with American ones. Wink

33Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 5th June 2011, 8:58 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I'm not trying to put down schools; I'm trying to say that homeschooling can be equal too school.

You seem to think that homeschoolers can't be around kids. What I'm trying to say is I've been around plenty of kids -- and what's more, unlike most schools, I've been around plenty of different groups.

Profanity is not funny. Okay, maybe I'll use a bit when I'm an adult, but I'm against teenagers using it. Not only that; like Zar said, there's peer pressure in schools, and with homeschooling you can avoid that and bullies.

So while I'm sure Europe's school system is great, I'm not talking about it. I'm talking solely about homeschooling.

34Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 6th June 2011, 11:49 pm

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

The great thing about the public school system is that everything else seems better by comparison.

35Exams! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exams! 7th June 2011, 1:53 pm

Zarayna

Zarayna

Retired

Retired

Ultra, if there was a like button feature here, I'd have given you about a million thumbs up. Tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum