Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1Dissidence Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

2Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:18 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor

Castor grinned as the last of the fighters filed in to the small, crowded basement in The Devil's Door, the site of the original fight club and Castor's bar.

"I suppose you're wondering why I'm here," he said after a second. "Besides the impending asswhooping that I'll deliver upon whoever tags me tonight."

The room burst out in laughter, though it contained a hint of nervousness. No one knew what he had planned, even Jolek.

-Spawn

3Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:29 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Please." Jolek replied, with a grin of his own. "You know that I'd have won that first fight if I wasn't drunk off my arse." he said, drawing a few chuckles from the assembled fighters.

"But let's be frank. We barely even care about the fights any more. What I'm sure every one else wants to know is, just what the hell are we gonna do to top the Poo Cocktail Supreme?" he asked, drawing helpless laughter from all present as they fondly remembered their most recent Hijink.

4Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 8:58 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor grinned.

"I'll get to that now, Jolek, but first, you and Angel Face need to get up here."

A blonde-haired, handsome looking Toa stood, standing on Castor's right side, Jolek, on his right.

"Now," he said, "we can start this meeting out properly."

-Spawn

5Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 11:42 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: If I have to post a character profile here, tell me.

IC (The Devil's Door):

"So get the meeting started!" called out a voice from the back.

Despite the Toa's voice being masculine, his armor was light blue over his silver under-armor. He raised a half-filled glass mug to his lips and took a hearty gulp; some of the beer dribbled down his Kanohi Kakama's chin, but he seemed not to notice.

Slamming the mug back onto the table forcefully enough for the table to rattle, he said, "Stop your talking and get on with it! What are we gonna be doing, eh?"

OOC: Yep, it's Nova. Except, a drunkard, rebellious Nova. =3

6Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 6:50 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Well, as we all know," Jolek began, smiling at the Toa of Fire. "Most of us are gonna get completely hammered. So, I suggest we start this quick so you don't get too much of a head start on the rest." he replied, to the laughter of the bar.

7Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:20 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

The Toa of Air was glad to oblige. Shaking his dark black hair away from his eyes, he stared at the fighters before him.

"We all know why we're here. We were invited by friends of friends, some of you by me personally, to join in a nightly escape from the troubles of the real world. Lately, however, Jolek and I have been talking around with the members of the fight clubs around the city, and we've found that after our little group pranks, we really haven't been relaxing at all. So, I decided we'd either shut this operation down, which I assure you, neither of us wanted to do, or...we could take it up a notch."

The looks of the fighters began to widen in grins.

-Spawn

8Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:35 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Meaning," Jolek added, "I wasn't there during planning to put a rein on his madness." he chuckled, jerking a thumb towards Castor, as the group chuckled.

"Don't laugh!" he yelled, in a tone of mock indignation. "You should've seen the stuff he came up with, half of it we couldn't manage without breaking the laws of physics!" he said.

9Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:39 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor raised a finger, and the group fell silent.

"As of tonight, the fights are secondary. Also, I regret to inform all of you that the clubs will no longer be nightly. We're switching to a weekly system."

Boos rang out, and even Angel Face to the left of Castor looked a little disappointed.

"However," he said, and the room fell silent again, "I swear to God what comes next will be even better, and entirely new. Not even Jolek knows it."

This was new. Jolek was second in command of fight club and one of Castor's best friends, and if Castor had implemented a policy without consulting him...this was different.

-Spawn

10Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:41 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac: "Take it up a notch? You are telling us you want to cut the chit-chat with small pranks, and instead actually fight against that goddamn Turaga?"

Up until this point, Atherac thought this Fight Club wasn't just another worthless "prankster's club". He would come down in the city's worst place to hangout, and sometimes, while drunk, would even join pranks.

But this was different. If they were to actualy try achieiving something out of this hole - then he'd be glad to help.

11Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:44 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor grinned wildy.

"That, mate, is exactly what I plan to do."

-Spawn

12Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:46 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Minor uproar.

Nova stood up himself. "Heck yes! 'Bout time someone decided to clear out this hellhole!" He waved his tankard around; a good few drops of beer flew out.

13Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:47 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac: "I could kiss you right now pal. I've been wasting my words saying it everyday I'm here, and now you're doing it," Atherac grabbed another booze and chilled out.

"How are you planning on doing this? I can see there's something you've been skipping."

14Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:53 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Well, there are several ways I plan on doing this," said Castor, pulling over a blackboard with a map of Metru Nui drawn on it. Several tacks were pinned on locations in all six Metrus, each tack a color of the Metru it resided in.

"These pins," he said, "are the locations of every fight club bar in the city. Now, as you can see, they're strategically placed in a seemingly random order. However," he continued with a grin, "if you'll look, the police headquarters of each Metru, which include the Vahki hives, are encircled by our fight clubs."

He drew a circle around each headquarters, encompassing the pins with the thick black marks.

"When the time is right," he said, "we will send out a computer virus into each of the hives, corrupting the Vahki's AI. Then, they will secure the headquarters for us, and we can march on the Coliseum, where we will reinstate a democratic government and publicly throw that damn geriatric Dume where he belongs."

He tossed the marker onto the blackboard's eraser tray.

"A dungeon."

-Spawn

15Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:54 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"And this 'dungeon'," asked Nova, setting down his mug again and stepping forward. "Where is it? I sure don't wanna have it here; the drinks are too good." A couple people chuckled around the Toa of Fire.

16Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 7:59 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor smirked and popped open a beer.

"Thanks," he said, "my bartender brews it herself."

Then his face turned serious.

"This dungeon is going to be a giant cage in the middle of the Coliseum, wrapped in meat, with Rock Lions surrounding it. Then, we can create a new government. A fair one."

-Spawn

17Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 8:01 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

A fire lit up in Nova's eyes. It'd been there the whole time, really; just subdued. Turaga Dume was hated throughout Metru Nui. The only reason he remained in power was his large army of Vahki. Take those out of the picture--

Well, ugly things would happen. Dume trapped in a cage surrounded by Rock Lions, for instance.

On second thought, that was the most beautiful scene Nova had pictured in the entirety of last year.

"Then what're we waiting for?"

18Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 8:05 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor nodded towards the Toa of Fire.

"Good question, Nova. HERE is what we're waiting for."

Castor pressed a button on a laser pointer, showing a video montage of several public executions. They were rebels, dissidents, and criminals, all of whom executed for 'crimes against the state.'"

He sighed shakily, the sight of all those good men being executed for free will having affected even him.

"We all know what happens to people who rush in against Dume," he said, the light of the basement swinging against his pale features. "They generally end up in a mass grave."

He revealed the map, drawing a circle around the entire city of Metru Nui.

"We're going to make them THINK we're continuing with our little pranks. They'll increase in intensity, of course; monuments dedicated to the government being defaced, zoos being broken into and liberated, government businesses being vandalized and hacked, and the like. While the government is stretched thin, we'll bide our time. Then, just when they're too busy looking for a force they don't know where to find, we'll release the virus into the Vahki central mainframe."

-Spawn

19Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 8:05 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac: "You seriously think that's the only thing Dume is holding on? Of course the man's got a second way to control the city. You will be walking into a trap."

20Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 8:08 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"You underestimate Dume's ego," he said. "He's crushed much larger resistances than us. Hell, he's put the mob in its place, the first time such an occurance has taken place. He'll be so busy gloating over his pet robots that he'll never stop to consider we can hit them all at once."

-Spawn

21Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 9:08 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Once more Nova grabbed his mug and took a large gulp, letting the amber liquid wash down his throat refreshingly. "I don't know about you all," he said, "but I sure think we aren't getting anything done if we stand here talking. Let's get out there and let all Karzahni break loose."

He held up his empty left hand, palm up, and concentrated. In the space of a second a blue flame had leapt into life, flickering there, oddly silent. A flash -- he was remembering the years before Dume had taken control, when he was training with his fellow Toa; when he proved the smartest and strongest of them all, running from the Vahki even as his companions were taken into custody; and when he saw on the giant viewscreen in southern Ko-Metru his friends be cruelly executed--

His hand closed tightly. Flame flickered between his fingertips for a second more. Then the fire was extinguished.

Like so many noble warriors' lives. Like the democracy Metru Nui had once held dear.

"I'll be waiting upstairs," he finished, in little more than whisper. He turned, opened the door and walked through, closed it gently behind him, all the while his memories fresh in his eyes.

Another mouthful of beer found its way into his stomach.

22Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 10:57 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Sounds pretty good." the Toa of Magnetism nodded in approval.

"But, I think we're gonna need a distraction once we do it. Something big, real big. Something big enough that it makes sure that most, if not all of the Vahki are online at once." Jolek said, a feral grin spreading across his features.

"It's been a while since the last Dragon sightings."

23Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 29th August 2011, 11:50 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC: Dunno where to start or what to do...

IC Nufac:

The Matoran sat in the far corner of the same bar Jolek and Castor, he hid behind the cloak and hood that he had on, his yellow glowing eyes darting around the room to keep tabs on everyone in the bar. He turned his head slightly, looking at his friend, Zone, who was sitting there quietly, not making a sound. When they had left that Jungle moon, on an entirely different ship than the Serpent, they had left Kayz behind, trying to make their way to Aqua Magna, to the MU. Nufac still had hope that their friend was still alive, that he had survived the horrors on that moon.

Then, when they got there, they sure had a heck of a time trying to get back into that giant robot, they lost Kaliz and Kono along the way. With it coming down to just him, Kpik, and Zone, the three made their way to Metru Nui, hoping to find refuge among the city. Well, it only got worse. Kpik had found them a home, an abandoned forge in Ta-Metru, but the very night he left for supplies, he never came back.

Nufac began to wonder about the state of the city, had he been killed? Imprisoned? He knew he would never just abandon them like garbage, they had known each other through hell, he would have been back in a matter of hours.

Zone snapped in front of his face, "You alright?" the being asked, and Nufac nodded, "Just, dosed off, is all," the Matoran said, and his friend went back to scanning the area for activity and movement, you never knew when somebody here had had one too many, and was in a bad mood.Nufac kept his sword close to his chest, ready to unsheathe it and defend himself if need be.

OOC: So, if anyone here remembers, this is Nufac and Zone from the 2010 BZPRPG, Nufac is about as strong as a Toa, with some small powers, and Zone is, well, a Protobot. If Zone's ability to become a swarm of protodites can't be negotiated, then he can be a solid being, a protobot who was permanently fused together.

-Nufac

24Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 30th August 2011, 5:51 am

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

OOC: Jsyk, not posting profiles is the standard in all high-brow RPs. I'm serious. There, it's considered downright illiterate.

IC: In Ga-Metru, a lone Toa of Plasma wearing a Hau strode along the street. He clenched his fists, gritted his teeth. About the only productive stuff he was doing lately.

Why was this so hard?

He simply did not understand something. Dume was acting more and more authoritarian by the minute. Something was wrong.

Talmai was not a Protectorate officer. More like, he collaborated with them in times of necessity. And those times of necessity were often enough for him to realize that Dume was not the leader he was back in the day.

Worse was, he had no idea what to do.

25Dissidence Empty Re: Dissidence 30th August 2011, 6:20 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Alright, Jolek, you work on that. In the meantime," he said, jumping down from his podium and walking towards the center of the basement, "fight time. Angel, you down?"

Angel Face jumped down, tossing his blonde hair out of his eyes with a grin.

-Spawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum