Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

201Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 9:30 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Xhana smiled, slipping her hand into Angel Face's. "I'd like that," she said, looking into the other's eyes. "I'd like that a lot."

IC (The Devil's Door):

What was that Castor was blathering about? Something about schoolboys and scribbling and brownies?

Nova groaned a little, his hand reaching out for the table again and missing by a mile. His head was throbbing, not painfully, but enough to muddle his mind that much more. He blinked hard, did so again; his surroundings came into focus for a second before degenerating back into the fog of drunken stupor.

"Oi," he mumbled, head lolling to the side. "Dunno what're you goin' on about, but y'know -- Castor 'n' I could use some rest from all that scotch 'n' stuff..." His voice trailed off and he hiccuped again, wondering what the rumbling in his gut meant.

202Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 9:35 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Angel

Angel grinned and wrapped his fingers around Xhana's. For some reason, it felt...right.

He walked towards his convertible and jumped over the door, opening the passenger side door for Xhana.

"Where are you staying?"

Castor didn't even see the two leave. He and Jasik were about to come to blows, and despite the dangerous amount of scotch Castor had consumed, he felt bone sober.

"I heard you'd hit lieutenant. So, what does that make you, Jasik? Chief douchebag?"

"Something like that. Similarly, I heard your father had died. Shame, that. He only ever created one bad piece. You."

-Spawn

203Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 5:45 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (outside The Devil's Door):

"Not too far from here, actually," replied Xhana. "Fifteen Huna Lane. I joined the police so I could patrol around here -- partially because so little actually happens." She winked and slid into the passenger's seat, crossing her legs and leaning back, fingers laced beneath her chin.

Angel slid into the driver's seat. That smile, that cute, perfect grin, was still on his face. Oh, Xhana was good at the relationship game, wasn't she?

"Interested in dinner?" asked Xhana. "I was planning on getting some takeout, but" -- she brushed Angel's hand with her own -- "we can get something else if you're interested."

204Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 5:48 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Angel shrugged to himself and tossed his hair away from his eyes, the blonde tresses landing evenly across his shoulder.

"I've got about half a grand on me right now, give or take, so sure. Wherever you want to go."

IC:

"You think you're funny, Jasik? You're one-time, a weekend soldier. I could kill you right now and dump your body off a bridge, and no one would miss you in the least. Right, Angel?"

Castor looked around, and saw no Angel. The other cop was gone, too...

205Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:25 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Ta-Metru streets):

Angel's car started up. "We might as well go to the local fast food joint," replied Xhana, spinning her web and hoping it would remain strong. "Hey -- have you seen that new romantic comedy that came out on DVD? Don't Be Afraid?"

206Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:26 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Angel shrugged, leaning back in the leather seats of his convertible.

"I liked some of the actors in it, but I never saw it. Why do you ask?"

207Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:30 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Ta-Metru):

Xhana smiled. "Because I have it. And I was wondering if you'd like to watch it. With me."

208Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:30 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Angel shrugged.

"You want to bring the food back to your place, then?"

209Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:32 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Ta-Metru):

"I was thinking we could eat something, finish it off while watching the movie, and... improvise from there."

210Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 25th November 2011, 6:33 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"I'm down with improvising," said Angel with a grin, revealing perfectly even white teeth that gleamed in the moonlight.

He turned into the parking lot of the nearest burger joint and parked evenly. Straightening his v-neck, he reached across Xhana with a wink and opened her door for her.

211Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 3:53 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

Hours had passed, and Atherac was slowly getting less and less sober - his mind couldn't help but wager in the past now - the true reason he would drink until he would loose consciousness. In the light of his newly found saneness, he reentered the bar and approached Castor, who was sitting and looking out for someone - presumably Jasik or Angel. He could swore they were too predictable at times.

"Say, Castor, how did our first 'operation' go? I was a little busy and paid little attention. Eh, scratch that, I was too busy beating myself over the past. Also, I presume Angel's with that girl I saw earlier?"

212Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:01 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor

"Yep, he is. Probably getting lucky right now," he said, by now bone-sober. Nova was passed out over the table, which Castor took to assume that he had won. The bar was pretty much empty now, and-

The Vahki.

"Come with me," Castor said, getting up quickly.

-Teezy

213Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:03 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

"Hey, wait up. What's your deal?" Atherac was willing to follow Castor, but he also wanted some extra info on what was going on.

214Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:09 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"We forgot about the damn Vahki," Castor yelled, running to the car. Quickly, he opened the trunk of the convertible and began shuffling through weapons, until-

"Got it," he said. "Keep the door open for me."

-Teezy

215Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:19 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

"So... this is the infamous Vahki. What do we know of it? I mean, the virus... where did it come from? Last I want to hear is that we are being tricked into getting a freakin' Vahki inside Devil's," Atherac was always cautious when doing dirty work. After all that's happened, it was the only way he knew that it might prevent it from happening again.

216Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:27 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor looked up at Ath, impressed. The question was, after all, exactly what he would have asked in the same position.

"Two high-ranking government officials programming a virus into one of the sub-hives of Nuurakh and they went crazy. Started arresting innocent Matoran. Their justice systems went haywire for about ten minutes. After that, they self-destructed. This," he said, gesturing to the deactivated Vahki, "is the only surviving example. If we can find a way to extract the virus's code, then we can program it into the sub-hive again and try and keep the Southeastern Precint of Ta-Metru defenseless."

-Teezy

217Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:41 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

"Too fishy for my tastes. Sounds like Dume's got something planned. But suppose this is indeed what we need - we need to make sure whatever causes it blow up isn't not lost. We need to duplicate the virus and back it up as soon as possible," said Ath, and helped Castor lift the Vahki.

"Which makes me think - who exactly is up for such a task?"

218Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 4:51 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor shrugged.

"If it's a trap, the two of us are more than a match for one Vahki, even without weapons. If my intel is good, and I truly believe it is, then it's not a trap."

He paused, resting the Vahki in front of the door to his apartment while he typed in the code. Laying the Vahki on a couch, he turned to Atherac.

"I don't know," he said. "I'm not a serious hacker; I can get through a couple security systems, nothing more. You know anyone who can get into a Vahki CPU?"

-Teezy

219Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 5:10 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

"Before Dume took over, I used to work as a close associate of the Senate. The nature of my job was a secret back then, but I used to know a guy named Malkor. He was a technician overlooking the Vahki. I last heard from him some months ago, and if something like this happened, then he should know about it. He works in the Coliseum. If you speak to him, tell him it's time he repays his dept to Atherac. He is bound to come around - he's easy to handle for a Toa," he said, and glanced at the Vahki.

Last edited by Riglax on 16th March 2012, 3:42 am; edited 2 times in total

220Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 6:17 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Tyler's American Dream wrote:IC:

"I'm down with improvising," said Angel with a grin, revealing perfectly even white teeth that gleamed in the moonlight.

He turned into the parking lot of the nearest burger joint and parked evenly. Straightening his v-neck, he reached across Xhana with a wink and opened her door for her.

IC (burger joint, Ta-Metru):

With a mischievous grin of her own, Xhana slid neatly out of the car and walked with Angel to the front door of the joint.

The building was surprisingly full for this time of night. Xhana took Angel's hand (neither being complained) and led him to the counter through the crowds of chatting people.

A young-looking Ta-Matoran stood behind the first open register. "What can I getcha?"

"I'll have a small cheeseburger," said Xhana slowly, "some fries, aaand a soft drink." She let Angel Face order, then the Ta-Matoran entered the back room and brought out the orders in two separate bags.

"Ten fifty."

Xhana's hand intercepted Angel's on its way to his wallet. "Please, let me."

221Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 6:29 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel lifted an eyebrow but said nothing. The Ta-Matoran gave him a sympathetic grin and made a little whipping motion with his hand.

Rolling his eyes, he watched the Ta-Matoran walk away with the money.

"Alright," he said. "I'll look for him in the morning. Go home. Jasik didn't see you here tonight, so you have deniability in case tonight's op is ever investigated."

He watched Atherac leave and then closed the door, walking to his bed and falling asleep instantly.

-Teezy

222Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 7:36 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Much to the suprise of everyone in the store, a tallish figure entered the reteraunt clad in no less than complete snow gear. Thick warm coat, scarf, Ski hat, tinted goggles, mittens, boots, the whole nine yards.

Needless to say, he attracted many odd looks from the other customers as he patiently waited in line, expression unreadable thanks to his copius bundling up.

223Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 11th February 2012, 8:09 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel cocked an eyebrow at the figure, but made no other motion. As he turned, he saw the figure was indeed dressed in full snow gear.

"What the hell...?" he muttered.

-Teezy

Last edited by Tyler's American Dream on 12th February 2012, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

224Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:33 am

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: As the line slowly inched forward, the bundled up figure swept its orange-tinted gaze across the inside of the retstraunt.

It stopped momentarily when it made eye contact with the preturbed and mildly wierded out Angel and Xhana, giving an almost imperceptible nod in acknowledgement before turning it's focus back onto the menu.

225Dissidence - Page 9 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:37 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"I don't think I know that thing," said Angel softly to Xhana. "But I'm really not sure...I can't see a lot of it."

Should I draw my gun? Nah, all that ski gear would be damn near bulletproof...

-Teezy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum