Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

226Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:01 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (burger joint, Ta-Metru):

"Wha?" Xhana half-turned. What "thing" was Angel--?

Oh.

"Ignore him. He's probably a little" -- she paused, rolling her eyes -- "more than a little high."

227Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:03 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Angel

"Probably," he said with a grin. Please, please, please, don't let this be one of Castor's pranks...

"So," he said, turning to Xhana and putting his hand on top of hers, "what's it like working for Jasik A'ranthee? He's not the most...sociable...of beings."

-Teezy

228Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:39 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Xhana twisted her hand around to grip Angel's. "S'fine," she said. "He's... not all that bad, actually. Strict, but fun in a way."

229Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 12:47 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel grinned, gripping her hand a little tighter. "I know what you mean. Jasik was always that one kid who called out everyone else for not using their common sense."

He leaned back, absentmindedly eating a french fry.

"Maybe that's why he and Castor never got along," said the Toa, leaning forward and taking a drink of his soda. "Castor never DID have any common sense to use..."

-Teezy

230Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 1:42 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Xhana began to lead Angel to the exit. "Castor? Who's he?"

231Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 1:51 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Skinny guy, dark hair, from the bar, the drinking competition?" he said, taking a final sip of his soda before flicking the empty cup expertly into the trash can. The Ta-Matoran from earlier grinned and made that same whipping motion with his hand. Angel lifted the shake the waiter was handing to a customer and threw it with his power over Air, but the Matoran expertly ducked and watched as it hit his supervisor.

Turning around with a snicker, he let go of Xhana's hand long enough to get into the car, open both doors, and restart the car.

"So, Fifteen Huna Lane?"

-Teezy

232Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 4:43 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: As the couple carried on this conversation, they were treated to she sight of the snow-gear clad figure walking out carrying a to go bag...

Fastening on skis...

And then skiing down the road without a care in the world.

233Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 4:48 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Angel was just pulling out of the parking lot when he saw the figure from earlier...skiing?...down the road.

"You know, he could really hurt someone," he said to Xhana.

-Teezy

234Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 4:54 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Somehow managing to weave past cars and a little oncoming traffic, he leaned lazily to his right...

And against all logic, made the turn without incident, and was now out of sight.

235Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 5:09 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel watched him go with an eyebrow raised and a bemused expression on his face before he pulled into the house Xhana was staying at.

"Nice place," he said with a grin, putting his car keys in his pocket. At a glare from Xhana, he shrugged.

"What? I don't want to forget them. What if I need to go somewhere?"

-Teezy

236Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 6:37 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Fifteen Huna Lane):

Xhana rolled her eyes and opened the front door of her home.

The metallic facade made it seem like another apartment room trying to stand on its own as a house. But the inside was more spacious than the outside suggested. A comfortable sofa lay against the right wall by a small window with semi-transparent dark blue curtains; on the opposite side was a chest, atop which lay a television. The sofa, too, was dark blue. As were the steps on the staircase at the opposite end of the room from the front door.

Xhana stepped in, gesturing about the room. "Nice, right?"

237Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 6:44 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"I like it," he said, raising his eyebrows and resting his hands on the back of his head. "Dark blue is my color." (OOC: Literally trololol)

He looked around at the DVD rack, scanning the titles.

"What did you say you wanted to see, again?"

OOC: Hoping the answer isn't too suggestive...

-Teezy

238Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 6:51 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Xhana's house, Fifteen Huna Lane):

"Something... thrilling," said Xhana with a wink as she began rifling through the DVD rack. "Let's see... Invincible, If a World Should Fall, oh, [i]Umbrella[i] is a good one..."

239Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 6:56 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Who doesn't love Umbrella?" Angel said with a grin. Wonder if she has any popcorn...

Looking around wildly, his eyes began to dim.

NO POPCORN IN SIGHT WAT DO WAT DO

"Uh...got any popcorn? Or candy?" he asked with that same charmingly oblivious grin. "Those are good movie foods for two people. Unless you want it all. I'd be cool with that."

-Teezy

240Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:10 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Skidding to a stop.

That was the plan.

Jolek didn't often plan for a reason.

In any case, after slamming into the bar wall with an exclaimed "SHAZBOT!", the toa of magnetism peeled himself off and walked inside the bar, still clad in his snow.

As he was met with the customary multitude of strange looks, he pulled the scarf down to speak.

"Okay, guys! Nobody tell Angel or Xhana that it was me under all these clothes if they ask. It'll be funnier that way."

After a few dozen shrugs and muttered, "All right"s, The toa of Magnetism nodded in thanks and shuffled over to the back, hanging the winter clothes in his private locker.

Returning, clad in normal garb and drenched with sweat, he flagged down the bartender.

"Ice water, please?" he asked, handing her three widgets.

241Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:16 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor

Castor groaned at the racket being made outside and got out of bed.

Early rise, early hangover. He checked his phone. It was 2:30 AM. He'd been asleep for two and a half hours.

"Morning, Jolek," he said, climbing out of his apartment while slipping on a clean shirt. "I thought I heard your silken tones from my bedroom."

-Teezy

242Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:24 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Heh. Silken tones my rear. I'm parched." he said, deftly catching the slidcup of water.

"Thanks." he said, nodding to the barmaid with a grateful smile. Bringing the cup to his lips, he tilted his head back as the cold liquid soothed his throat.

"That's better," he said, "felt like I'd swallowed half a beach's worth'a sand."

He gave a yawn.

"I'd better be getting home and hitting the sack soon, anyway." he mumbled, unwrapping his burger from the little escapade earlier and taking a massive bite.

243Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:28 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor shrugged and plucked a fry from Jolek's plate.

Chewing on it with a grin, he finally asked, "So, did you find Angel?"

-Teezy

244Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:30 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Yep." The martial artist replied, grinning.

"I think I've just wierded him an' his date out fer the rest of the night." he chuckled to himself.

245Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:32 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor shrugged.

"All you did was ruin the burgers. Something tells me she's going to be snacking on Angel's heart before the sun rises."

-Teezy

246Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:34 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "You didn't see me come in, did you? I know for a fact that all that's gonna be on Angel's mind for next week is 'what the ****? Who was that?!' I know how he works, man."

247Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:40 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor punched Jolek jokingly in the arm.

"Mate," he said, laughing and taking a sip of soda (he and Nova had apparently drained all of the Door's scotch; that would have to be remedied tomorrow) "you were so disguised I don't think you could be identified with a pair of binoculars. Besides, Angel's too busy focusing on when he's going to get lucky tonight to worry about you."

-Teezy

248Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 7:51 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Jolek returned fire.

"Dude, we're in Ta-Wahi and I was dressed up in snow gear. Y'don't think that'd at least stick in his mind a little?"

Finishing his burger, he opened a packet of ketchup and began to consume his fries at an almost alarming rate.

249Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 8:14 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor eyed the fries, managing to grab one or two more before Jolek bit his finger.

"You get a lot of weirdos in Metru Nui," he said, breaking one in half to try and conserve his rations. "We've all seen a lot weirder than a skier in a burger joint."

-Teezy

250Dissidence - Page 10 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th February 2012, 8:17 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "True." Jolek muttered.

"I hear those crazy bastards in the Ga Chapter do that sorta stuff all the time."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum