Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

351Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 10:56 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor

"Which is why she called you a doll, the sweetest guy ever, keeps winking at you, is currently at your beck and call for a relatively minor injury, and she kissed you, right?"

-Teezy

352Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:03 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: He flushed again. "Sh-She's just worried. A slammed into a column at like forty sanics, that would make her a little skeptical of my current state of being okay." he countered.

"But yeah, she is acting pretty nice..." he conceded, laying back and turning towards the window.

353Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:05 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"You know what?"

Castor got up and began to walk out.

I'm going to go talk to her."

-Teezy

354Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:12 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC ...

It was getting absurd how much Jolek was going from red to white and back again.

You'd think somebody was messing with the saturation slider in Photoshop or something.

Castor foud his arm locked in and iron grip, as waves of sheer defiance practically radiated off of Jolek.

"And just what do you intend to talk about, Castor?" he asked in a dangerous tone.

355Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:18 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Castor grinned and winked at Jolek.

"I think you know," he said, that same irritatingly cocky grin etched on his face. Suddenly, footsteps. Resounding up the stairs.

IC: Emarosa

"Hey, Jolek! I figured you were lonely up here, so I decided to come and see if we could watch a movie or-"

She bumped right into Castor.

"Hey, Cas," she said, a little coolly. "What are you doing up here?"

An eyebrow raised.

"Fight club op. I was getting Jolek's opinion."

"Well, he's obviously hurt. And tired. Why don't you discuss it with him later?"

Castor's other eyebrow joined its compatriot, and for a moment it looked like the Toa of Air might argue, but then he shrugged and left the room.

-Teezy

356Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:29 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Uh... Hi." Jolek said, a little akwardly, raising one hand in greeting.

"How much of that did you hear?" he asked warily.

357Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:33 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"How much of what?" she asked brightly, grinning and jumping onto the bed next to Jolek. She grabbed the remote control and flicked through the channels.

"Whenever you see something you want to watch, tell me and I'll stop," she said.

-Teezy

358Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:43 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Oh, nothing. Castor just wanted to make sure this one stays secret, that's all." he said, managing to not get the enitre club a death sentence.

That said, that was a rather major accomplishment for him, seeing as he was getting rather flustered by having such a lovely lady in this close proximity to him.

"Uh... I'm not sure I really feel like watchin' TV right now, or I at least don't have a preference... You can watch whatever you want." he managed to say.

359Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 19th February 2012, 11:54 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Mmk," said the bartender, yawning and resting her head on a pillow.

Or, at least, what she thought was a pillow. In reality, it was Jolek's bicep.

Oh, well. Still comfortable.

-Teezy

360Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 20th February 2012, 12:08 am

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Jolek found himself massively flustered at this moment, practically red as the sun--

Yet at the same time, quite comfortable. Sure, his heart was beating like that of a hummingbird, but at thesame time...

The fact that Ema liked him (romantically or not) this much was very nice. Testing his luck, he wrapped an arm around her waist and edged in closer, even as his own eyelids grew heavy.

361Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 20th February 2012, 9:09 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

The bartender giggled and curled up closer to Jolek, finally dropping the remote control. She had settled on some sketch comedy show.

"You sure you're okay?" she said, leaning in closer to him.

-Teezy

362Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 20th February 2012, 9:39 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

IC Zone - Somewhere - Talking to Angel:

During his boredom, Zone had wandered downstairs, just looking for someone to talk to, maybe he could even find out a bit more about this place he and Nufac were staying in. When he reached the lower level of the bar, he noticed that someone was also down there, and when he got a better look at him, he realized that it was Angel. "Oh, hey Angel," he said, looking around at the place he had stumbled upon.

-Zone

363Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 26th February 2012, 10:46 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Angel

"Oh, hey, man," Angel said with a nod towards Zone. "How'd you sleep?"

-Teezy

364Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:25 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Tyler's American Dream wrote:IC: Jasik

"Yeah, well, whatever," said Jasik with a shrug. "We'll just see who's here last. Nothing good can come of us being called here."

Then he smirked.

"And yes, I'm sure that's all you did last night."

-Teezy

IC (Ta-Metru Police Department Headquarters):

Xhana offered only a nebulous shrug in reply, noting Jasik's dull eyes and turning grim. She'd seen that look before: It was the look that signaled something big was going down.

"What's wrong?" she asked, letting her weight leave the wall beside the front door.

365Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:30 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Jasik

Jasik sighed, tossing his cigarette to the trash at a look from a by-the-book sergeant who was guarding the doors.

"Did you hear who ordered us here?"

OOC: The answer to that would be no. Just for the record.

-Teezy

366Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:34 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: I figured.

Xhana's eyes followed the cigarette on its path into the trash can. Silence lingered.

Finally, she turned back, her Kanohi glittering in the morning sunlight. Her eyes gleamed, too, yet not in such a fashion as the sky. Her earlier ease had transformed into a similar ease of movement coupled with an expression of foreboding.

"No," she replied, opening the door for her superior. "I'm not sure I want to."

367Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:41 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Jasik's eyes never left the hallway in front of him.

"Lockjaw himself texted me this morning."

Whatever ease and enjoyment that the two had shared was gone as he said the words. Tillian "Lockjaw" Saporta was considered one of the most dangerous cops in all of Metru Nui. Born into a military family, he quickly devoted his life to what he considered peace and justice for the City of Legends, upping his way through the ranks until he became Captain of the Southeastern Precinct of Ta-Metru, a move which most insiders considered to be a stepping stone into Turaga Dume's inner circle. It was said the worst thing Saporta could do was consider you a friend: the more he got to know you, the more he watched you, waiting for you to do something wrong so you could be shunted aside.

"Said he wanted us in one of the Conference Rooms. Is it time for another Review...?"

368Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:52 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Xhana grimaced. In the Ta-Metru Police Force, "Lockjaw" was synonymous with "Mr. Stickler". He was tough, as tough as a Toa could be without crumbling underneath all the power. He knew how to act tough, too. Some said he had been born to weed out troublemakers; others said he was the direct descendant of a Makuta; Xhana had wondered for a while if Lockjaw's bed was uncomfortable but had never gathered the courage to ask Lockjaw about whether he could sleep well or not.

She swore, running her hands across her Kanohi and chest armor to make sure it was devoid of any scratches, then turning so Jasik could look her over. "Review? Do I look fine, or...?"

The one case where Xhana was uncomfortable appearance-wise happened to be the one case where romantic thoughts were nowhere to be found.

369Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 6:59 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Wha? Yeah," said Jasik, running her up and down with your eyes. "But that might not be such a good thing. You know how Saporta feels about slackers."

He stopped suddenly at the door to the Conference Room.

"Good luck," he said darkly with a shrug before opening the door. What he saw, however, wasn't what he expected: several lieutenants and their right-hand men and women, along with the captains of all the Ta-Metru precincts. Apparently, all the Metru higher-ups had been called in.

"Ah," said the man standing in front, as Jasik swore under his breath; he knew this guy all too well. "The last lieutenant. A'ranthee. Norev. Please, sit beside your commanding officer. Jasik and Xhana moved to do so, and Jasik took the seat to Tillian's right.

"Hello, Jasik," said Tillian softly.

"Tillian," Jasik replied, inclining his head slightly in greeting. "Tortured any new recruits lately?"

Saporta smirked lightly but said nothing, merely motioning with his head for the man at the front to speak.

370Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 7:07 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Ta-Metru Police Department Headquarters, Conference Room):

Xhana slipped silently into a chair beside Jasik. Her earlier concerns about her appearance had slipped from her eyes. This wasn't the time to be worrying about how Angel was dealing; this was business. Unlike some girls, Xhana could separate business and pleasure.

She glared at another female officer as she thought that.

The voice of the man at the front of the group shifted her focus.

371Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 7:22 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

The man at the front cleared his voice.

"Well, since we'll be getting to know each other very well shortly, I figure I might as well begin to intro-"

"Your name is Nalashev," piped up Jasik. "You're a Dreamwalker, one of Turaga Dume's elites, drafted from all six Metru to help restore order and run the police department, blah blah blah, and since you're here, it's obvious that somewhere, somehow, someone has royally ticked Turaga Dume off. That all?"

Beside him, he could hear the ghost of a laugh escape from Tillian's mouth. The man at the front cleared his throat again in slight nervousness.

"Ah...yes, Lt. A'ranthee, very good. I've heard about your little games."

"Not as much as I've heard about his," Tillian muttered to his second-in-command. He turned to the Dreamwalker, who was starting to speak again.

"As you are no doubt unaware, yesterday, two government officials tried to implant an experimental virus into the Metru Nui Vahki hard-drives. As you are no doubt aware, each police precinct in Metru Nui has a different code for their respective Vahkhi: even in the same Metru, no two precincts have the exact same code, which, it seems, was news to the traitors. It appears, however, that they got lucky: the Southeastern Precinct Nuurahk were affected by the virus, and their law enforcement criteria were affected. They arrested and attacked innocent bystanders for about ten minutes before self-destructing. This left the Precinct undefended for several hours. Needless to say, the Turaga was...unamused and had the traitors...disposed of."

"No surprise there," muttered Jasik.

"However, to the knowledge of the few people who had clearance to know about this event, the Vahki all self-destructed and the incident was over. But that wasn't true."

He pulled up a security camera.

"This is Subject #00A214 in a Ta-Metru Protectorate Safehouse. Vault 1, Floor 2. This footage was shot last night, and the Vahki was safe and sound."

The footage stayed the same for about thirty seconds before it began to fizzle and crack with static. Finally, it faded away. The Dreamwalker pressed the fastforward button on the DVD player, skipping forward to six hours later. No Vahki.

"Needless to say, this has been given top priority by Turaga Dume. If these Vahki are taken out long enough for whoever is behind this to attack a precinct and take it over, all of Metru Nui could be at stake. Everyone in this room is going to work together to try and retrieve this Vahki and take in the people responsible. Captains, mobilize your squads and meet them all in rooms preassigned. We'll meet here weekly to discuss what we've learned."

Tillian moved forward and picked up a folder, scanning it with his eyes.

"Alright, Jasik, Xhana," he said, looking up at them and speaking in that silkily soft voice of his, "we meet a couple doors down from here. Come with me."

Jasik and Xhana stood and followed Saporta until they were in the room. Tillian looked at Xhana, clearly expecting her to speak first.

"Well? No evidence of this on your patrol last night?" he asked.

372Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 7:31 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Ta-Metru Department Headquarters):

Xhana shook her head, swearing a little under her breath. "Nothing," she said. "Blast it. We must've passed by the Vahki hive at least five times and seen nothing. It must've been stolen after our patrol."

373Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 7:37 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian's eyebrows raised, and the Toa of Iron cocked his head at her slightly before turning to Jasik.

"And when was that?"

"From 4:30 to 11:30 last night. I went home around midnight. No break-in reported by the night crew when I got off duty."

374Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 10:30 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: For the record, Xhana didn't stop her patrol until after her shift was up, so there should be no suspicion on that end.

IC (Ta-Metru Department Headquarters, meeting room):

Xhana's finger brushed her chin. "So we have no leads? No way of finding the Vahki save by going door-to-door and ticking off a couple thousand Matoran while we're at it? We aren't exactly the most popular beings here, y'know."

OOC: Ahh, Xhana and your cluelessness.

375Dissidence - Page 15 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th March 2012, 10:34 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Very true," mused Tillian, running his hands over his head and sighing. If he hadn't been so dangerous, he would have looked extremely handsome. As it was, Jasik recognized SOMETHING about his face...

"Alright, then," said the captain finally. "I want the two of you to hit the precinct, run around, see if you can find anything. I'll reassign your current cases to some other officer."

Jasik nodded, realizing he had been dismissed, and motioned for Xhana to follow him out the door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum