Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

451Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:56 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"No, it's okay, love," said Angel, turning to look at her. "Castor's a tough guy. I once shot him in the leg and he still found time three hours later to break into my apartment and fill my waterbed with piranhas."

452Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 11:03 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (streets of Ta-Metru):

"I think it would be best," Xhana said slowly, "if you didn't tell a cop all the ways you've broken the law."

453Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 11:05 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"If it happened during Truth or Dare, it legally never happened," countered Angel before pulling into the parking lot. "Welp. We're here."

454Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 11:59 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (outside modeling building):

Xhana opened the passenger-side door and waited for Angel to come around. She took his proffered hand and stepped gently onto the asphalt lot. The building wasn't massive, but it wasn't small, either; its gray walls and square build rendered it almost indistinguishable from the buildings about it.

"This is where you work?" she queried.

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 6th July 2012, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

455Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 12:03 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Oh, what a gorgeous couple you two are!" squealed the receptionist as they walked in. "Um...do either of you have an appointment?"

Angel smiled bashfully and nodded.

"I'm Angel. This is my friend Xhana. I'm here for the 9:30 spot."

"Oh, yes, we have you on record right here. And will your...friend be accompanying you?" asked the receptionist with a playful wink.

456Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 12:11 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling building):

Xhana smiled, her expression saccharine to match the receptionist's bubbly demeanor. "Yes, I will be accompanying him," she said, grasping Angel's arm and ignoring his murmured surprise.

457Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 12:13 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Really? You sure? We have another room just down the hall. You're rather gorgeous, Xhana; I'm sure we could fit you in right now and I could, um...handle your friend."

She smiled brightly, and Angel murmured something about "just wanted the 9:30 spot..."

458Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 6:56 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency building):

Xhana smiled even more sweetly; her grasp on Angel's arm tightened, and Angel blanched. Just a little bit, though. Nothing to get excited over.

"We're fine, but thank you," she responded with her most sugary tone possible. "Angel, darling, why don't we go for your appointment...?"

459Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 6:59 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Sure thing...darling. Let's just...uh, go. Nice meeting you."

He began to move to the next appointment, Xhana holding onto his arm tightly.

"Don't worry. I'm not running off on you," he said, trying to make her smile. She looked kinda scary...

460Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:04 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Scary was an understatement. Xhana's face looked as if it had been chiseled from stone over the course of months; her eyes were ###### orbs, fixed dead center, and her grin was painted with vibrant albeit artificial hues.

Only when Xhana was out-of-sight of the receptionist did she relax, her smile becoming subtler and more pleasant. "I know," she said, leaning her head against his shoulder as if she were tired. "It's... an old force of habit, I suppose. So what exactly do you do?"

461Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:06 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Eh, modeling jobs here and there," said Angel. "Sometimes some studio musician work. I got a bartender's license a couple weeks ago. Pretty much odd jobs for pretty people."

He put his arm around her waist.

"What about you? You always want to be a cop?"

462Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:10 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Xhana mouthed "pretty odd jobs for pretty people" and chuckled before responding to Angel's question: "Not really. I..." She paused, looked around. "...honestly, I wanted to be a model." Her blush was faint but noticeable. "My father didn't approve, though, so I joined the police force kinda to humor him. It's fine, though -- I met a lot of good-looking guys through police work. Including you."

463Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:11 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

They stopped in front of Angel's modeling room and he turned to Xhana with a perky grin as he brushed her cheek.

"Between you and me," he whispered encouragingly, "you'd have made one hell of a model."

And then he moved in and kissed her.

464Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:16 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Xhana's thank-you smile was hidden as she returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around Angel to boot and immersing herself in the feeling of being close to someone as handsome as he. They remained in that position for ten seconds -- or perhaps a minute, maybe twenty of them -- before Xhana slid away, staring into Angel's cool, ###### eyes. Her smile returned.

"I wonder what the receptionist will say about this," she whispered with a giggle, sliding her hands down Angel's arms and back to her sides.

465Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:17 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Screw her," he muttered with a wink. "I'll be back out in a couple minutes."

466Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:53 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Xhana smiled till Angel disappeared behind a closing door. Her expression adopted a grim edge as she contemplated her mission, her stark demeanor complimenting the blank white walls and sharp artificial lights that lined this particular hallway.

Nearby, an abstract painting hung precariously on a nail driven into the wall. Xhana focused on the swirls and streaks of color as she thought.

Angel was a tool. But he was a good-looking tool. Not to mention friendly. Good looks and amiability went hand-in-hand.

Xhana didn't like having to use him, but what else could she do? She had a duty to Ta-Metru, to Turaga Dume, to all of Metru Nui. Angel's name rested near the bottom of her main priority list.

She paused. The fact that Angel was on her main priority list was by itself surprising.

God, her head hurt.

Abandoning her circular train of logic, she leaned back in her chair, crossed her legs, folded her arms over her chest, and waited.

467Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 7:56 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Back!" he said a few minutes later, grinning and flipping around a stack of cash. "...You okay?"

468Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 8:05 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Xhana nodded. "Yeah. Just... don't drop the cash. I don't like picking up money. It belongs in the pocket, not on the floor." She smiled.

469Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 8:06 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Well, y'know what? I just decided where it belongs: a cash register at a breakfast place. C'mon, I want to buy you something. You have to keep that figure in top shape."

470Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 8:34 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (modeling agency):

Xhana smiled as she stood up, being sure to pose in just the right fashion to accentuate her looks. "I'm glad you're concerned," she said, taking Angel's arm again. "Let's go."

471Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 8:50 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Listen, I, um...I want to thank you," he said. "I know I come across as a bit of a pretentious bastard and everything, and the hard-to-get-ness is radiating off you in waves, but...either way, whatever your intentions are, thank you for listening. It...means a lot."

472Dissidence - Page 19 Empty Re: Dissidence 2nd January 2013, 2:43 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Somehow, some way, Jolek Highwind had managed to sleep through all of this. The Toa, for all his seemingly boundless energy when awake, slept as solidly and obstinately as a mountain. One of these days, it would probably get him in trouble. But hopefully, not today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum