Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Techna

+3
St. Francis
Skarloth
Legolover-361
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

1Techna - Page 2 Empty Techna 29th August 2011, 7:43 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

First topic message reminder :

Techna - Page 2 Techna_logo

Not the best-sounding message to send to you all, but it’s all I have.

Know that a virus is infecting Techna’s SCPU. Know that I can save the SCPU by downloading the virus into my own body. Know that in my last moments I am thinking of you, fellow Toa Techna.

Hunt down the hackers. Stop them, no matter what the cost. I know you are limited to imprisoning them because of the Toa Code in your hardware, but even so you can make their lives as hellish as possible. For me.

Good-bye.

I’m Torch, Toa of Plasma and deputy leader of the Toa Techna -- well, now leader, I suppose, as our former leader, a Toa of Electricity, Ion, died to save Techna’s mainframe. He downloaded a virus into his own body, and the massive misinformation overload killed him.

But I digress. If you are receiving this cybernet message via your brain implant, you are a denizen of Techna. Read on -- or listen on, it doesn’t matter -- for a review of our current crisis. Your help combating this threat will be invaluable.

And if you’re a hacker... well, be warned: We will find you.

HISTORY of TECHNA

Fifty years after our population of Spherus Magna, we finally gathered enough technical knowhow to examine the technology within the damaged Matoran Universe. Together with the Glatorian we copied detailed designs and brainstormed how to recreate them ourselves. I was a Matoran then, rather young compared to most; even so I helped construct the first working quantum computer.

I was also one of the first to suggest examining Matoran and Toa themselves. In doing so we discovered how to meld organic and mechanical parts together into one body. Ten years later we created the first synthetic Matoran, one of Fire.

A mere year after the first S-toran (as they were called), we (the Matoran, Toa, Glatorian, Agori, etc.) happened upon a grand plan: to take the Matoran Universe and recreate it into a grand spaceship. Some jumped for the idea; others didn’t. With what help we had, we worked for two centuries on the spaceship.

One thousand years afterward, now one hundred thousand years ago, we finished it, called “all aboard who’s going aboard,” and launched it into space. The starship was dubbed the Techna Nui.

In a large room within the spaceship Techna Nui is the city we call Techna.

During our time in space we have discovered how to create synthetic elements and Kanohi, how to create customized species, and how to link us all together using Techna’s SCPU (Supervisory Central Processing Unit), thus allowing hover-taxis to be driven automatically without crashing, and allowing the Techna Nui to fly itself through space. Now no one remembers who’s a Matoran and who’s an S-toran. I like it that way.

Just recently our SCPU was hacked. The Hackers want us floating dead in space, because they don’t believe we should be influencing the rest of the universe, insignificant as we are. The Technans believe we should continue onward. Some don’t know what to believe.

This is where you come in.

ABOUT TECHNA

There are three main districts in our space-city: the Science District, the Information District, and the Denizens District. Citizens can travel between the two as they please, via either hover-taxis or protodermis transport chutes. It’s impossible to enter offices without the proper IDF (Identification Frequency), which can be edited upon promotions and / or job switches.

All of Techna is defended by hovering Automated Defensive Robots, ADRs, armed with energy ball launchers. The robots have arms but no legs and are about as large as a Matoran. When an alarm sounds, ADRs will immediately converge on the area. So don’t try sneaking into places you can’t be. Also, various food business (as well as empty buildings reserved for food businesses) are scattered throughout both the Science and Information Districts.

SCIENCE DISTRICT

The largest of the Technan districts, the Science District’s offices deal exclusively with technological advances. Scientists work within closed chambers, working on advanced computer programs and new weapons, masks, and armor.

-Technology Tower:
This is the single manufacturing plant of Techna. It takes up the very center of the Science District, a large cubical base from which extends a skyscraper-like structure. Only scientists with the highest possible permissions may enter.

-Computer Knowledge Center:
Most of the programming for the SCPU is done within this small tower to the lower-left of the Technology Tower. Entry permissions are the same as those for the Technology Tower. It is believed the SCPU virus was uploaded from here; thus, security is doubled.

INFORMATION DISTRICT

The Information District includes many database libraries with information on everything from how to create a homemade chocolate cake to how to program in MCL (Matoran Code Language); not all libraries are accessible to the general public, however. There are also cyberprinters based here; many a Technan has gotten popular through publishing a book on the cybernet.

-Security and Defense Library:
This is accessible only to those accompanied by one of the Toa Techna. It includes a complete listing of all previous misdemeanors, including those committed before the Techna launched. It also includes complete schematics for Techna and its defenses.

HOUSING DISTRICT

This includes one hibernation chamber for every citizen. While in this hibernation chamber characters are plugged into a computer, which allows them to move about in a highly-realistic virtual bedroom they may customize any way they wish.

CHARACTER CREATION

This is the interesting part. See, it’s possible for citizens of Spherus Magna to contact us via a technology called “quantum entanglement”. Don’t know it? Look it up. We can create a body on the Techna Nui for someone and then, using quantum entanglement, download that someone’s personality into the body.

All one needs to do is fill out this form and send it to the Character Database:

Name:
Species:
Kanohi:
(if applicable)
Powers:
(if applicable)
Implants:
(robotic arm, x-ray eyepiece, arm blaster, shoulder disk launcher, etc.)
Alignment:
(Hackers / Techna / Neutral)
Bio:

Note that one can’t be a Makuta, a Great Being, a member of Botar’s species, a Baterra, or any Rahi. They can, however, be a Glatorian, Toa, or any similar species; they can even create their own, within reason, of course. Kanohi not allowed are the Mask of Time, Mask of Life, Mask of Light, Mask of Shadow, Mask of Dimensional Gates, Mask of Creation, and Mask of Undeath. Certain implants may be accepted or rejected based on the approvers. Custom Kanohi and elements are allowed with approval.

Note that Techna has its own custom Kanohi and elements. In addition to the normal elements, Crystal, Nucleons (control over protons and neutrons), and Data (ability to adjust data and data flow, and act as a sentient database) also populate Techna.

Special Kanohi include the Mask of Engineering (enhances engineering abilities), Mask of Logic (speeds thought processes tenfold), Mask of Hyperspace (creates a hyperspace storage pocket), Mask of Remembrance (plants memories within other’s minds), and Mask of Time Perception (speeds up or slows down perception of time, including user).

All characters have a brain implant that allows them to communicate with others mentally, either via audio or text (like how you’re receiving this message).

This should be all the information you need to catch the hackers -- or, if you are a hacker, go to ground. It doesn’t matter who you are; know that the hackers aren’t winning this fight. At least, in my opinion.

Torch out.

GAMEPLAY and RULES

These rules are to be followed to the letter. The first two times you break the rules, you will get warnings, both in PMs and in edits to your offending RPG posts. The third and fourth times, your character will be involves in damaging mishaps that set back your roleplaying. The fifth time, you will be permanently banned from the RPG.

Remember to use IC (location goes here) before every in-character post, and OOC after every out-of-character post. For example:

IC (Science District):

“Some place,” remarked the newcomer to himself, gazing around at the buildings.

OOC: My character is open for interaction!

1. All forum rules apply.

2. No god-modding. “God-modding” is when you make your character do something ridiculously over-powered -- for example, calling an asteroid down from the heavens.

3. No auto-hitting. “Auto-hitting” is when you damage another character without giving the other player a chance to post, saying the character dodged.

4. Listen to the RPG staff. They are RPG staff for a reason. Thus you cannot disobey them without reason. The local RPG staff will be playing as the Toa Techna; you can recognize them that way.

5. Remember: You’re playing this to have fun!

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 2nd September 2011, 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

26Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 5:21 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: If Gust had thought to turn towards the science district canal, he'd have been treated to a very unusual sight.

After all, it wasn't often that one saw a keg floating down the waterway.

"How long've I been schtuck in this blashted thing?" voice growled, seemingly from within the barrel

"Hey, get me outta thish thing, mate!" the voice called, apparently having seen the Toa of Wind.

27Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 5:22 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Gust

Gust turned, looking around, and saw a talking keg.

I could get so hammered off of a talking keg...maybe it could be my friend.

He walked over to the keg and popped the lid off, but what came out of it was definitely not beer with vocal cords.

-Spawn

28Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 5:29 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: Instead, he found a young looking Toa of Iron with a straw hat and a scar over the bridge of his nose and an amazing accent.

"Thanks for that, mate! Looks like shum of the people here aren't shtupid enough to drop a bleedin' keg after all!" he chortled, clapping he Toa of Wind on the back.

OOC: We need combat so his immortalness can be all proven.

:3

29Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 5:31 pm

Creepwave

Creepwave

SMSS Artist

SMSS Artist

IC: Sonus [Science District]
"Um, anyone? I need a new mask" Sonus said while walking around with the shards of his broken Kanohi. Seeing he got no answer he yelled "CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY BROKEN MASK"

30Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:00 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"I'm good that way," said Gust with a grin. "Did you try and drink your way out, bro?"

-Spawn

31Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:04 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "Ha! I'd already downed all of it within the first two days!" He laughed.

"Sho what about you, lad? Had any good food lately?"

32Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:05 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Gust smirked and pointed towards the bakery.

"Best desserts in the entire district over there, mate. Cheap as hell, too."

-Spawn

Last edited by Tyler Durden on 3rd September 2011, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:06 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC: Dununununununununununu, Fulok to the rescue. (Or murder)

IC Fulok - Science District - Talking to Sonus:

"A broken mask, eh?" the Toa said from behind the Matoran, speaking above the mob of people around them. "Everyone in this crowd is a real piece of--" he said, his words cut off by mechanical noises. "They don't care about you or your little mask. Anyway, the name's Jero," he said, sticking his hand out to shake the occupied hand of the Toa. He lied about his name for one reason, and one reason only; he was pretty much a convicted criminal.

-Fulok

34Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:22 pm

Creepwave

Creepwave

SMSS Artist

SMSS Artist

IC: Sonus
The Toa of Sonics grabbed Jero's hand and shaked it with energy.
"Name's Sonus. A rookie. Brand new in the Science District. I recently broke my Kanohi while running around in Techna. Mind if you help me?" he said with a smile.

35Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:37 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

IC Fulok - Science District - Talking to Sonus:

"Well, you need to head to an armory, and buy yourself a new mask, not much else you can do to fix that," he said, his mind thinking up the quickest route to an armory, "There's one that way," he said, pointing behind him, "It's about three blocks, but keep those shards, you can turn them in for a bit of cash," he said, turning, and walking away from the Toa.

-Fulok

36Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 6:40 pm

Creepwave

Creepwave

SMSS Artist

SMSS Artist

"Thank you good Sire!" Sonus said as he ran to the Armory.
When he reached the armory he knocked the wall repeatedly and asked "Anybody here? I need a new Kanohi!"

37Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 10:25 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Blacksmith (NPC)

"Comin', comin'!" yelled the blacksmith from inside, before unlocking the door and opening it.

"You're lucky. You got here before the morning rush."

-Spawn

38Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 3rd September 2011, 11:59 pm

Creepwave

Creepwave

SMSS Artist

SMSS Artist

"Thanks! I am looking for a Kanohi, a Miru or something cheap. The cheapest thing you have. I wuold like to sell these broken shards of a Miru" Sonus said as he handled the shards to the Blacksmith.
"Can you do that?"

39Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 4th September 2011, 11:02 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Lord Nektann wrote:IC: Jamnicwo
"I'm glad you think that," I said bluntly. "But we'd look like fools not to increase security."

IC (Guard Tower, Computer Knowledge Center):

Norah shrugged. A whistling noise drifted through his chin tendrils. It was the Kyra's way of signaling discontent.

"Fine," he said. "Why not play this game all th' way through? I'm just sayin' -- don't expect anythin'."

Were there any other hacker groups out there? Probably not. At least, none that were stupid enough to attack the CKC right after another attack.

Norah hoped.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:OOC: I think I can post... let me know if not.
IC: Zuukor
An AI travelled in a world that defies description. A universe, in fact, that has few limits. That universe was the System. It saw the System in a way that none before it had. It saw it as an alien on a world not it's own. The AI was driven by fear. Not its own, but that of others. It fed off of that fear and grew stronger. And yet, the System would not feel fear. The AI had no power over it. So, it thought. And planned.
Zuukor, that was what I'm meant to be called.
I was created to infect the entire SYSTEM, but the HACKER that made me failed. I can be in the SYSTEM, but I don't have the power to infect it with FEAR.
FEAR, that is my purpose.
FEAR is my POWER.
My STRENGTH.
So FEAR I will be. I will cause FEAR in the beings of this place.
Even if I have to do it one by one. I feel one near me, one who's FEAR is great.
One who FEARS failure.
Toa Techna Torch:
YOUR MINE.

OOC: So I can't control Torch directly (yet Evil Grin) so I'll need you to have Torch suddenly feel a strange feeling of fear and, over time, even paranoia. And if I don't leave him soon enough... HE'S MINE. Also, please exuse my comic based ALL CAPS Tongue
Thank you and have a nice day Smile

OOC: "One who FEARS failure" fits Torch perfectly. No kidding. Also, I approved your character, so you're fine roleplaying as him.

IC (Science District, Tala's Eatery:

Gust exited the building. With that, the last of the tension in the air melted away into numbness.

Torch finished the rest of his chocolate-covered crepe in silence. Somehow, the last bites didn't taste as good as the first. He tossed a tip Tala's way -- the Toa of Air caught it with a grateful "Catch ya later!" -- and followed in Gust's footsteps out the door.

The Toa Techna of Air was gone, as Torch had expected. He sighed as he made his way through the somewhat thinner crowd. He didn't mean to come off as harsh and cold; he was a leader, and as a leader he was under more pressure than any of his teammates. Ion had died because of those thrice-darned hackers; and if Torch let any of the fellow Toa Techna -- his allies, and more, his friends -- he would never forgive himself. Never.

YOU'RE MINE.

Torch froze.

Surely that hadn't been his thought. He shook his head, trying to clear it of the sudden fog of fear that surrounded his brain, suffocating it. Was he hearing things? -- going insane, even?

Just what Techna needs: an insane Toa leading their team of protectors.

He shrugged the thought off. He'd figure it out later.

OOC: Torch is open for interaction.

40Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 8:33 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

IC Klax - Science District:

The Matoran pushed and shoved his way through the mob of people in his way, occasionally, there would be an object or person that he couldn't move, so he would have to make his way around it, or even sometimes crawl to get around.

Thankfully, this crowd was thinning as he made his way through it, he found it odd how there was always a mob around every corner in this city, normally there wasn't much to crowd around or about. While lost in his thoughts, he accidentally knocked into a Toa, falling onto his back since the Toa had been moving forward as well. He regained his bearings, and sat up, quickly getting to his feet. "Does that always need to happen? Why is it always me that runs into people in these weird inconvenient crowds?" he asked aloud, walking over to the Toa he had bumped into.

"Sorry for running into you like that," he said, being shoved aside by a Toa as he spoke.

-Klax

41Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 8:41 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Science District):

A Toa tried to muscle his way between Torch and the Matoran. Torch grabbed his arm and held his gaze for a long moment; annoyed, the other pulled his arm away and stalked off, muttering something about "stuck-up law enforcement."

"Don't worry," he said to the Matoran. "Techna is rather crowded these days... So, where are you hurrying?"

42Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 8:43 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

"I wasn't, actually, I was just thinking about how crowded the city is, but I am on my way home. Name's Klax," he said, reaching up to shake the hand of the Toa.

-Klax

43Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 8:47 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Science District):

"Well, Klax, I'm Torch. Toa Techna." Torch cocked his head. "I've appeared on video broadcasts before; didn't you recognize me? Or do you receive the broadcasts in text or audio rather than video? You can change that, you know, just through thought." He tapped the side of his head, about where the brain implant was placed for all Technans.

44Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 8:53 pm

Artakha

Artakha

AC MOCist

AC MOCist

Oh, how nice, someone for us to play with. DESTROY HIM.

OOC: so a quick legend:
Zuukors thoughts
"Thoughts Zuukor sends directly to his host"
Ideas planted in the mind of his host without the actual words
Third person.

45Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 9:00 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

"Oh... I like to listen, not watch," the Matoran said, studying Torch's face a bit more; he had never really seen the Toa that well before, maybe he just didn't have enough time.

-Klax

46Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 9:33 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Science District):

Torch nodded--

Hatred blossomed.

This Matoran. He had bumped into the Toa of Plasma. Where was he hurrying to? -- home? Why would he need to hurry? Maybe he was a hacker; maybe he was a busybody; or maybe he was a criminal.

Either way, he needed to be taught a lesson.

Needed.

The perversely pleasing thought of a jet of plasma melting the Matoran's Kanohi into slag passed through Torch's mind--

He blinked twice. The Matoran's eyes met Torch in a questioning gaze.

The Toa of Plasma frowned. "Um... nothing," he brushed over whatever had happened. "So what do you do in Techna?"

47Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 9:51 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

"I work at an implant shop, well, I own it too, but I'm an employee of myself," he said, hoping that made sense as it came out. "You'd think I would have the latest and greatest implants, but I don't, at least, not on me, in my shop, I've got everything you could ever dream of implant-wise," he said, sneaking in a bit of a salesman attitude for a few seconds.

-Klax

48Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 9:56 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Blacksmith (NPC)

"Yea," said the Blacksmith, tossing Sonus 20 widgets. "A new Miru will cost you fifty."

-Spawn

49Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 9:56 pm

Artakha

Artakha

AC MOCist

AC MOCist

My, what WILL you have.
But is of NO use against FEAR.
Now he tries to WASTE my TIME.
DESTROY HIM! Then Find Gust. He needs you.

OOC: Evil Grin

50Techna - Page 2 Empty Re: Techna 9th September 2011, 10:30 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Science District):

Gust.

He needed him. Or... was it the other way around?

And then the destructive urge came back. Torch could feel a fire lighting in his eyes, a fire that was mirrored within his mind and muscles. The Matoran -- Klax, came the memory almost reluctantly to the surface of his mind -- took a step backward.

Torch felt his hand curl into a fist, felt that fist rise into the air as he grinned in a sickening way. His body was no longer his own; he was merely an onlooker, trapped within the cage of his tissues and armor.

The hackers--?

The fist connected. Torch didn't see what he'd hit; his eyes had shut of their own accord. Blindly he ran, pushing through the bodies without seeing them.

Activate communicator. Contact Gust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum