Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:



Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do



All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on matanuiinc@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.


Thank you,

The Administration

A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, http://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

important announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 important announcement on 5th December 2011, 6:54 pm

Guest


Guest
I am The Warrior of Jupiter. I am one of the modellers for BNG; MNI and SSB. I do a lot for all these projects. When I started modelling I began only doing the odd weapon here or there but as time went on I began getting better and better and began making parts for bodies and limbs and even the occasional mask. My blender skills have grown a lot only in the last year or two coz that’s how long I’ve been using it for.

But using blender can only get you so far. Allow me to start at the beginning...

A month or two ago my brother showed me this website. So I went on it looked through it a bit and decided to fill in an online form of application. I didn’t think a lot about it due to the fact 99% of the time you fill in something or apply for something really good online you either never hear back from them or they tell you that you don’t have a chance. But then there is that 1% that rare chance at something amazing. Last Wednesday that 1% happened. I got a phone call asking me if I still wanted to go through with this application and I immediately said yes. Then on Thursday a guy came around my house to explain everything in-depth to me all the ins and outs. I still wanted to go for this. So on Friday he phoned me and asked me what my final decision was and I said I want to go through with this so he told me on Monday (today) he will come around and finish all the paperwork and begin my induction. And that is what has just happened.

This thing I applied for was a course; similar to that of a university course (yes I have to pay for it but it isn’t as much as a normal university course)
This course is a three year course for becoming a computer game artist and designer. I will be using programs like maya; 3ds max; mudbox and photoshop. It is all online so I just follow lessons set by people who work in the industry to teach me everything about becoming a modeller and animator in the games industry. In this organisation train2game you can also become a games tester and a games designer. As far as I know its only in the UK.

This is an opportunity I could not pass up coz if you do this course you are almost guaranteed to get a job or at least be one of the first choices in the games industry. But becoming a modeller/animator I could also get into movies; advertising; simulation and anything else that uses 3d graphics.

To complete this course in 3 years I need to put at least 10-15 hours a week into doing my course work. That on top of my job as well leaves me little free time. Meaning I will need to put BNG; MNI; SSB on hold so to speak. I can still help organize things and everything like that (I will still be keeping tabs) I just wont have time to do any modelling or anything for a while. After a month or two I can see how busy I am to whether I will be able to model for you but this is an amazing opportunity and I hope everyone here will be supportive for me for finally getting a foot onto the path to a career into this thing I love to do.

If you have any questions for me about this or just general comments feel free to post them here I just thought everyone should know exactly why I cant model for the projects for quite sometime....

2 Re: important announcement on 5th December 2011, 8:21 pm

GoldenTahu

avatar

Their Mistake Story Manager

Their Mistake Story Manager
Jupe, the best thing that can be aid is congratulations. You've definitely earned an opportunity like this. And I can assure you that all your friends here on MNI and in BNG and SSB feel the same way. Next thing you know it'll be 00dude00 who gets something like this, and he should.

I also hope that you never lose your love for Bionicle. If by God's grace I get as lucky as you down my own path (filmmaking), I'll need all the diehards I can get to honor it's memory. Hippie by Proto


_________________

RISE

3 Re: important announcement on 5th December 2011, 10:08 pm

Legolover-361

avatar

MNI COO

MNI COO
Jupiter, real life comes before Mata Nui Inc. That opportunity sounds fantastic, and I wish you luck. Smile


_________________
User: You know, I need sleep.
Cleverbot: You don't sleep.
User: Do you watch me?
Cleverbot: When you sleep.

[21:17:07] @ Legolover-361 : Ads, you do realize that if I came, I wouldn't eat what a stranger baked anyway, right? Tongue
[21:17:22] @ Tyler St. Francis : But you'd eat what I baked, right bro?
[21:17:23] @ Tyler St. Francis : right
[21:17:24] @ Tyler St. Francis : right
[21:17:30] Aderia : left
[21:17:41] @ Tyler St. Francis : dead center

4 Re: important announcement on 5th December 2011, 10:10 pm

Celu

avatar

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman
Hey, congrats maybe one day we could meet up, since I'm getting into the same industry in a way.

Possibly if I successfully start a business, I'll commission you.

Hey but thanks for all your hard work here, it payed off.

5 Re: important announcement on 9th December 2011, 10:17 pm

MrSciFiGuy

avatar

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader
Hey, just come back when you are done. Imagine if all the Bionicle fans are active in 10 years from now. Fan based projects would be astounding.

Congrats man! Awesome opportunity!


_________________
Message me for any tips, questions, or ideas you have for Voice Acting and etc...

6 Re: important announcement on 10th December 2011, 11:05 am

Bioran23

avatar

Plast! Executive Chairman

Plast! Executive Chairman
Congratulations! It's always great to see people getting to develop their skills and potential, and I wish you best of luck in completing this course and whatever lies ahead. Smile

Do keep in touch with us and keep us updated with your achievements!

7 Re: important announcement on 12th December 2011, 5:17 pm

Riglax

avatar

MNI CEO

MNI CEO
That is sweet! It's so cool to see how learning skills from a computer can seal you a secure job. Hope to see you around man, and good luck.


_________________


Cleverbot: Do you like Pinkie Pie?
User: I hate ponies.
Cleverbot: Why would you hate ponies?
User: Because they are made in china?
Cleverbot: True.

8 Re: important announcement on 12th December 2011, 8:32 pm

Skarloth

avatar

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member
That's awesome. Smile I'm glad things are working out for you, Jupiter, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Smile

-Skar


_________________
The Grand Creation...

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 

© 2010-2014 Mata Nui Inc, a partially owned organization by Plast! Productions with a majority stake.