Well, not so much, I would say. The new update was a simple refreshment of the older update, that basically had us switch from IPB to PunBB. So, consider this the New Year's regular forum update - and now, let's get to the meat of it. What was updated?
- The Drop down menu has been redesigned. Extra options, better arrangement, a logo that links to the forum index - this bad boy has everything.
- There's been an overall graphic change to suit the new menu's look.
- As the new menu isn't affected by flash-related scripts, we are able to turn scrolling announcements back on.
- The Portal will be updated later on as well.
There's still some things that aren't quite clear yet - mainly some bugs in Internet Explorer and the pming system.
- As you've already might notice, the menu doesn't work quite well in IE9. After the first two drop down menu options, instead of creating a drop down menu, it spawns more options on the actual menu. This is simply solved by enabling "Compatibility View", a built-in feature contained within IE. Once you've done so, provided you don't turn it off once you leave the site, or delete the cookies, it should always be on once you visit the site.
- The "Personal Messenger" option will NOT update once you've got new pms. As it is a tricky issue, it is taking much more time to get it to work that I thought it would. Right now, there's two options: either frequently check your Inbox, or go to "Preferences", and click 'Yes', in the option "Display a pop-up window for new private messages".
PS. No, I haven't forgot about TGC. There's more info coming about it tomorrow.
Last edited by Riglax on 18th January 2012, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total