Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forgotten Realms RPG: Neverwinter Nightfall

+2
Razgriz
Dov Kayranslayer
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

1Forgotten Realms RPG: Neverwinter Nightfall - Page 2 Empty Forgotten Realms RPG: Neverwinter Nightfall 17th January 2012, 2:16 pm

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

First topic message reminder :

Forgotten Realms: Neverwinter Nightfall
A TBRPG by Dovydas the Nerevarine (aka Dov; Dovydas; the co-author of ****man the Barbarian; “that @#!*% ”; et caetera, et caetera.), Jolek the Dovahkiin (aka Raz; Razgriz; Jolek; the Dovahkiin; the Dragonborn) and The Shadowed (Mangai; Blitz; Der Blitz; The Neverwinter Husaria Field Commander)

Neverwinter is in chaos.
Well, it‘s not as much chaos as people running around, screaming, panicking. Lord Nasher Alagondar’s dead, sound the horns that represent complete and utter chaos--- you do have those, don’t you? Good. Do so, quickly. And then sound the horns that represent complete and utter catastrophe. Bann Alagondar’s succeeded to the throne. All hail Lord Bann… or try to, anyway. He doesn’t seem to plan to be too good a lord, I presume. Has no reason to be. But now, I know this, now is a time of turmoil, and of possibility. Welcome back to Neverwinter, my friends. I hope you make good use of your stay.

Plot

Thing is, there’s not really much a plot, just a very basic setting. The Spellplague, a MASSIVE MYSTICAL EPIDEMIC OF MAGNANIMOUS PROPORTIONS is over; Nasher Alagondar, Lord of Neverwinter, is dead. Bann Alagondar, his son, has succeeded him as Lord of Neverwinter. There’s a bit of chaos ‘round, a lot of political turmoil, and the new lord’s trying to retain his seat; the typical inheriting a throne deal. Luskan and the other Sword Coast cities are threatening Neverwinter, and hard times lie ahead. Besides that… we’ll just make this up as we go along because we’re cool like that.

Locations
The Sword Coast
The Sword Coast stretches along the Sea of Swords from Waterdeep south to the river Chionthar at Baldur’s Gate in the south. The Sword Coast gets its name from the white cliffs that rise up sharply for hundreds of miles of the coastline, from Baldur's Gate to the south and up to the River Dessarin in the north.

Forgotten Realms RPG: Neverwinter Nightfall - Page 2 Screenshot1o

Neverwinter
Forgotten Realms RPG: Neverwinter Nightfall - Page 2 Neverwinter

Neverwinter, once a grand sprawling metropolis on the Sword Coast, has fallen on hard times recently. The great catastrophe known as the Spellplague has resulted in the death of Lord Nasher Alagondar, and the succession of his son Bann, who does not appear to be quite as great a ruler as his father was. Nevetheless, Neverwinter remains a great attraction for visitors and locals alike, and retains its power and might in the Sword Coast. Neverwinter is divided into the Docks, Merchant and Blacklake Districts, and various smaller slums and suburbs surrounding them.

The city is so named because, even though the town is situated in the cold north of Faerûn, the river, River Neverwinter, that flows through it is heated by fire elementals living under the nearby Mount Hotenow in the Neverwinter Wood. The heat given off from the river creates a permanent warm climate in the immediate area, without the elementals the river, and subsequently the city's water supply, would freeze over.

Docks District
Situated on the bank of the River Never, the Docks District is home to, among a few other things, the worst thugs this side of Evermeet. Criminal gangs have been put a serious halt to, alongside corruption, during the war with the King of Shadows, but recently, with the death of Lord Nasher, they have made a remarkably quick return. Naturally, the Docks District is a harbor. In the Docks District, ships from all over the Sword Coast, and even from Icewind Dale far to the north arrive... and depart, of course. The District also boasts many taverns, a sprawling marketplace, a guard barracks and an inn – the Sunken Flagon – famous for being run by the uncle and cousin of no less than the Shard-Bearer, who led the campaign against the King of Shadows.

Merchant District
The biggest, middle-class district of Neverwinter, the Merchant District is the number one stop for all your trading, drinking and... other needs. It boasts a temple to the god Tyr, the most popular god in Neverwinter, and the central City Guard office.

Blacklake District
Blacklake District is the very heart of Neverwinter; here stands Castle Never, seat of the Lords of Neverwinter, and the Neverwinter Academy, the local academy for sorcerers and wizards and all the rest, who were blessed with the talent of magic. An amphiteatre and numerous noble manors can be found as well, situated around the central Lake Black. Most of the inhabitants are nobility and the rich.

Port Llast
Port Llast (formerly Grath's Hold) stands on the High Road some thirty-five miles north of Neverwinter. It is a small town of about seven hundred folk mainly known for its skilled stonecutters and excellent harbor – a small bay sheltered by a high, rocky spit, with a fine beach and inlet. The port is overlooked by cliffs on which boulder-hurling siege engines have been placed. Port Llast is ruled by a First Captain, and is closely allied to Neverwinter (largely for protection from Luskan, who desires a more southerly harbor for its warships).

The harbor is home to a twelve-boat fishing fleet, but two of the ships are in very poor repair. The inland of Port Llast's prime mercantile enterprises are quarries on the coastal headlands just south of the village. Other than harborage or stonecutting, there is little else to recommend it to the traveler today, for it is a tense, suspicious place, always expecting treachery or attack from Luskan. The city is is ruled by First Captain Haeromos Dothwintyl, a retired stonemason.

Mere of Dead Men
The Mere of Dead Men (or Merdelain, meaning "Slow Marching Court" in Elvish) is a salt swamp roughly 100 miles long by 30 miles wide, located south of Neverwinter along the Sword Coast.

Spoiler:

Leilon
Leilon is a small mining town that serves as a convenient resting place for weary travelers on the High Road between Neverwinter and Waterdeep. The Leilon military, known as the Lances of Leilon is composed of as many as 200 warriors. In times of need, citizens are incorporated into the militia.

West Harbor
West Harbor is a small village near the south of the Mere of Dead Men along the Sword Coast. Due to its swampy terrain and annual harvest festival where the inhabitants compete against each other to win prizes in tests of skill, the villagers of West Harbor (referred to as "Harbormen") are renowned in the lands surrounding them for their natural toughness. This puts them in high demand for positions as guards and military service.

The swamp also makes West Harbor's farmland incredibly fertile and more than enough crops are grown to sustain the village.

Unfortunately, West Harbor has been destroyed twice, both times in recent memory. Once, when the King of Shadows first attacked Neverwinter and again several decades later when it was revisited by Ammon Jerro. Recently, it has been rebuilt once again.

In its time, West Harbor has produced several notable people, including Marshal Cormick of the Neverwinter City Watch and Lorne Starling. Most notable of all however, is the adventurer who eventually defeated the King of Shadows, the Shard-Bearer Thendor Alephar.

Highcliff
Highcliff is the largest settlement in the vicinity of the Mere. Located on the northern edge of the Mere of Dead Men, Highcliff is home to a few hundred people and a sizeable garrison, plus its port is the only way to access Neverwinter from the Mere through the sea.

Thundertree
Thundertree is a small village upriver from Neverwinter. It is a source of wood and Zalantar, an odd tree that is usually found in, what makes it all the more remarkable, Chult or other distant southern areas. Its pure black wood is coveted for building because it is durable but not a hard wood. Zalantars grow oddly in the sense that one plant is composed of several trees that stem from a central root. Their leaves are usually white or another light color. Thundertree is a small village, barely a few dozen inhabitants with a garrison of about twenty guardsmen.

Helm’s Hold
Helm’s Hold is a small town, whose absolute territorial majority consists of a temple to the god Helm, and the housings of his priests, of whom there are about fifty. They are protected by a small armed militia owing fealty to the temple and to Neverwinter, and an easily defensible position atop a steep hill.

Other Locations
In this part of the Sword Coast – that is, the part under the dominion of Neverwinter – the Lords of Neverwinter have built a great many forts to maintain their control over the region, from the Sword Mountains bordering their lands in the south to Neverwinter Wood, and the Crags in the north. These territories also have many ancient ruins and smaller villages and farms, and in the Sword Mountains, a number of, mostly abandoned though, Dwarven strongholds stand. In said mountains, orcs dominate the valleys, and are known to kidnap and torture and ultimately kill any travelers foolish enough to traverse the mountains unprepared.

Player Profile Form
This profile form does not necessarily have to be obeyed to the letter, but it provides an outline for what information I expect from you guys.

Name:
Race: (You can be any of the following species: Dwarf, Elf, Human, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Planetouched)
Subrace: (only applies for Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Halflings and Planetouched. Dwarves can be Gold Dwarves, Grey Dwarves and Shield Dwarves. Elves can be Drow, Wood Elves, Sun Elves and Moon Elves. Gnomes can be Deep Gnomes and Rock Gnomes. Halflings can be Lightfoot Halflings and Strongheart Halflings. Planetouched can be Tieflings and Aasimars. Details can be found here: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Race, but note that not all of the races and subraces there can be played.)
Class: (quite purely for the sake of keeping the DnD feel. Here’s a list of classes: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Class)
Alignment: (your character’s alignment, eg. Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Lawful Good)
Patron Deity: (It so happens that in this world, as in many fantasy tabletop roleplay settings, it seems, atheists get punished painfully by the gods. You'd better pick one quick. http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Deities)
Equipment: (your character’s equipment)
Abilities: (various unusual abilities your char may or may not have)
Appearance: (a description and/or picture of your char‘s appearance)
Biography: (your character‘s life description, his personality, everything)

Rules

Actually, there isn’t a really clear set of rules. I, Raz, and Mangai enforce the law in this roleplay, and the law is, “Do not do unto others what you do not wish done unto yourself”. That means, you can’t godmode (naturally) or not take this too not seriously – not to say there can’t be comic relief. What I’m saying is, you can’t have a staff that allows you to turn people into sweetrolls or anything equally retarded. You know. Be reasonable, in this case and in every other case in the game. But besides that, the only rule that I can think of, besides the one I mentioned earlier, is, “Have fun and let others have some fun too.”

Last edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine on 17th January 2012, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian took another sip from his drink and set it down.

"Well, what's new?" he said, leaning his head back on the bar out of pure boredom.

-Teezy

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: "Apparently we have a new lord, it seems," Earandril sighed, quietly. "Not gonna risk my neck by putting us all in a political debate, so besides that, I suppose only the fact that the ale's running dry."

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian shrugged and shook his head softly.

"All the same to me," Tillian said. "As long as I can keep living my life, I couldn't give less of a damn who rules."

-Teezy

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: "Sure, neither do I, really; it's just that everytime somebody succeeds to a throne, all sort of havoc breaks out. War at the very least."

Earandril sighed and got one more of his on-the-house refills. "You know, I feel bad when I use my extremely vague familial relationship with you, Eryn, when I abuse your ale stock like that."

"Yeah, I feel bad when you do it too."

Earandril grinned. "Doesn't mean I'll stop, though."

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian turned and grinned; the look attracted the few ladies inside of the bar, but the human pretended not to notice them.

"Mind if I become a member of the family?" he asked hopefully, taking his last sip of ale and setting down his injured hand on the table.

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: "Ha! To be part of our family, you need to be extremely crazy at the very least. None of us ever had a tendency towards sanity," Duncan laughed from behind the bar, quietly accompanied by Eryn. Earandril simply kept on grinning. "Me, I've spent my youth as an adventure, which counts enough, when I look back now, for insanity, and my brother Daeghun never really got out of it either. Raised an outright flame and survived. To boot, that flame managed spawning its own insanity, this one."

Duncan, smiling, pointed at Earandril, who kept smiling as well. It was always funny when Duncan, or anyone else, would make such vague mentions of his father for fear of somebody summoning forth a host of mad historians from oblivion itself to demand endless information from them. Never mentioning his name. And using that strange just slightly pyromaniac analogy.

"You'd better trust Duncan in this. We're all pretty mad here. My father seems to have been the least mad, and he was a pretty crazy guy still."

Earandril threw a glance at the girls trying to catch Tillian's attention.

"Just so you know, they're not exactly for free. You have heard of the Moonstone Mask, yes? Those are some of its fulltime workers."

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian cocked his eyebrow in disgust.

"Herpes isn't on my list of things to pick up today," he muttered.

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: "Good. There's a reason they're here and not there, and being kicked out due to failing health inspection is the most likely."

Duncan sighed heavily. "How come you're so introduced to the staff of that place anyway?"

Earandril didn't blink once, or seem to be taken aback by the question.

"Ask your son, Duncan. My dear friend and relative, Eryn, here, took me there once on a visit. Lived to regret it. I chose a girl he rather fancied. Worst part is, she said she liked me better."

At this, Eryn slammed his fists into the bar. "You paid her! Of course she told you that!"

"Two things, my dear uncle. Firstly, unlike you, I've never actually ploughed her. I decided it's not really hunting if you buy the prize. She told me that when I asked, before I had decided other than to bother myself. Secondly, has she ever told you as much?"

Eryn sat down abruptly and quite violently, evidently taken aback. Earandril patted him on the back rather familiarly. "Don't worry, uncle. Won't tell anyone about your embarassing little crush. Other than everyone who's heard."

Duncan put his head in his hands, evidently disappointed in the situation. Earandril kept smiling. And Eryn would've evidently rather removed himself from here.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian snorted in laughter and shook his head.

"I'd try not to admit that to anyone else," he said softly. "With any luck, we'll all be too drunk to remember by the time the morning sun comes calling."

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: Earandril didn't think the sun was going down yet, but apparently he was wrong. Glancing out the west window, he saw its last rays flicker towards him, flying over the sea beyond which it disappeared.

"Hear that, Eryn? Want to make us forget? Hand me some more ale. In my defense for licking it all out: it's really pointless that I should pay you, given the fact that I live on your property and off your property."

Eryn smiled with just a corner of his mouth.

"That's a serious argument, I'll admit. Here, have some."

Earandril seized it, laughing just slightly, and drank up.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Oh, I see. No love for the humans?" Tillian asked, a joking smirk on his face. "If I sing for you, can I get free ale for the night?"

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: "You sing?" Earandril raised an eyebrow. "Great! Weren't you two talking about getting a bard for the Sunken Flagon?"

Eryn sighed, Duncan smiled, and Earandril kept on grinning. "Play for the crowds, instead. Something in tune with the theme of the coronation today. Collect some money for it. And then hand it to us, and you'll have your share of free ale for today," Duncan said to Tillian.

"Just for today, though," interceded Eryn, who simply could not bear the implication of the losses he'd suffer.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Sounds legit enough to me," said the member of the House of A'ranthee, standing up and playing an upbeat tune on the piano.

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: Earandril jumped up from his chair. He was halfway to drunkeness by now, but he had still enough sobriety for a dance. Or enough a lack of it, anyway.

Seizing a pretty, redhaired human serving wench named Ella - well, the serving wench, because Duncan and Eryn never afforded to pay more than one - by her arm, he spun her round in a raging and nigh merciless wheel through the room, joined by a number of drunken sailors who seized for themselves the whores from the Moonstone Mask without really asking how much they cost.

He spun her around madly, laughing, her doing pretty much the same as they stumbled one against another as they flew back and forth through the room to Tillian's piano tune.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Finally, after about thirty minutes, Tillian stopped playing, seeing as his audience was getting more and more drunk. A couple was about to do the deed right on the floor, so he abruptly ushered them into a spare room and then walked back out, grabbing some ale.

"That was fun, gents," he said, a grin on his face. "Thanks for the opportunity."

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Stro'anco Jan:

A tall, heavily armored being walked into the bar. The day had been unusually long, and he was typically getting bored of his repetitive job. It was always the same stupid routine for him. As he walked in, he saw a small human playing the piano, and drunken people all over the place. He was so absorbed in his job, he had no idea what had happened this day.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian took another sip of ale and ushered the large Planetouched over to the free seat next to him.

"Sit down, compadre," he said, rubbing his injured hand tenderly (playing the piano with it hadn't been the smartest of ideas) and grinning. "Plenty of alcohol for everyone."

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Stro'anco Jan:

"Looks quite so," he added, and grabbed the bottle. He drank as fast as he could.

"What's the point of this celebration? I've been too confined in my work to take notice into other matters lately."

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Tillian shrugged and finished off his second mug.

"New lord, apparently," he said with a grin and a sated sigh. "Ah, this is the life..."

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Stro'anco Jan:

"New lord? Interesting," he looked around wondering what this could mean.

OOC: Cutting off the chat because of sleep. BB in hours.

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: Earandril let go of Ella's arm when Tillian got off the piano, albeit quietly whispering to her a promise to see her yet tonight. The serving maid, still blushing, replied that in that case, they'd best do it in his room in the Sunken Flagon, as her parents would be rather suspicious of her bringing a man home and especially for the night. Smiling supportingly back at her, he let her go off and do her job while he went back to the bar.

"Aye," he said to the newcomer. "Bann Alagondar, old Lord Nasher's son, succeeded to the throne and all. By the way, I'm Earandril."

Eryn waited expectantly behind the bar for Stro'Jan to take an order. Earandril pointed to him. "And that's Eryn."

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC, Docks District

It was just Hardsole's luck, reflected the halfling, to accomplish little more than nothing for the fifth day in a row. Perhaps the name "Dane Boris Hardsole" was written on one side of each of Fate's dice, and the dice were weighted. Or perhaps karma was paying Hardsole back for all of the money he had spent on alcohol.

The Sunken Flagon acted as a magnet to Hardsole's depression: To a heavy-hearted halfing, whiskey was a drug, an addiction that rested atop his shoulders and would not release its grip. With dead hands, he pushed open the door. An effluence of flickering lantern-light poured from the new gap. Hardsole stepped inside and closed the door, feeling as though he were closing his own tomb.

His footsteps to the bar were similarly grim. This was perhaps the hardest part: tossing his morals to the wind as dust so he could lose them amongst an alcohol-induced whirlwind of ecstasy.

He reached the bar without trouble and laid his hands atop the cold wood.

"Whiskey," he said, rolling a few coins across the counter. "A large mug. Make it snappy." A whispered prayer to Leira to hide the evidence of his drunken spell tomorrow went unnoticed by the bartender, who had already turned to fill a mug.

The Shadowed

The Shadowed

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: The slightest whiff of sulfur came into contact with the halflings's olfactory sensors just then.

"Yo," Ha'aznoerg said casually as he peered up from beneath the stool Hardsole was sitting on in order to reach the bar.

As a thief, appraising potential targets was something of an art. One the Tiefling had mastered.

And while that 'Yo' had given away his position-and the fact that he had just examined the sword of the guy and had moved on to examining the chainmail as best he could through two shirts-Ha'aznoerg felt it was for the better.

After all, a tiefling couldn't go wrong ticking off monks.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"Tillian A'ranthee?" rang out a voice behind him, and he sighed, turning around.

"What is it--?" he asked, before his eyes widened and he ducked. A poison-tipped arrow went flying inches over his head, skimming his blonde hair. Tillian cursed.

"My hair. You...shot my hair."

He attached his kukris together and spun them around one finger: the innate fire that blazed inside of them let off a heat everyone at the bar could feel.

"You bastard."

He flung the kukri at the bounty hunter without warning: one of the blades cut into his arm, singing his flesh and creating a scream of pain. He ran forward and jumped at the elven archer, grabbing his head and twisting it 180 degrees.

Bending down, he picked up his kukri and looked around at the people staring at him.

"Another round, eh?" he asked, to the cheers of the drunkards around him.

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

IC: Earandril raised an eyebrow, slowly. He glanced at Ella and only needed that one glance to know she wasn't the one to be relied on to get rid of the body. Instead, he went over and picked it up from the floor. To the well-trained, relatively strong barbarian, it was easy to toss the body out the door.

"And this little mess was..?" he indicated a question to Tillian, while taking a glance at the door to see if a group of guardsmen was not intent on bursting in and finding out what happened any minute. They'd probably not come at all. The Docks district was such a hellhole of crime the corpse would probably soon be picked out part by part by some aspiring surgeon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum