Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THMRPG: General Disscussion and the fields outside it

+2
Skarloth
The Shadowed
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Shadowed

The Shadowed

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

The city that is the center of AC is a sprawling metropolis, where people of all races live to work together on AC. It is constantly guarded by sentinels and huge wall with cannon that peer down at the fields below.

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

IC:

Kpik's hands blazed with blinding light as he threw balls of light into Zombies and other enemies. "Come get some!" He yelled, this attracted the attention of the Zombies, and some of Torgen's new species went after him. Kpik tried to blast them away with light, but they only absorbed the bright balls. Kpik stood, shocked, he brought out his sword, and began slashing away at them, using darkness to power his sword with a more powerful punch.

Torgen had been ignored, he would make somebody pay for that, he got up behind a Toa, and grabbed him by his mouth, Torgen then threw him at a wall, killing him instantly, he tried to turn him into a Zombie with his darkness powers, but all that happened was the dead body moved, and then stopped, Torgen swore, that cursed Toa of Ice and light had drained his darkness powers, he took his hammer, and smashed another Toa down, he began making a pathway towards Kpik, who he would take his revenge upon.

Torgen out.

~Aero~

~Aero~

Retired

Retired

IC:

Foolish child, Chaos thought as he saw Torgen go down. "Looks like I have to go save his sorry hide. But I got something to attend to first." He quickly teleported behind Vezon and drained his insanity away from him. "Feel my wrath!" He then quickly teleported back and told his troops to begin an air assult.He then summoned great waves of darkness at the Zombies, fueling them with Chaotic energy. The more the toa attack, the stronger they get. (Practically they feed off of the anger and rage.) His eyes turned a bright red. "Let's dance."

---------

Aero hacked and slashed as he ran through the crowd. Hoping he was taking as many as he could.

~Aero~

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: In reply to your post in the old topic: Kazi, I thought Torgen was already at the door. And I didn't catch that OOC portion of your post -- maybe you should change to a darker blue color for your text. Tongue

Also, a quick question: What are NPCs (Non-Player Characters)?

IC:

Nova jumped away from the beast, pelting it with fireballs. Then, seeing that the newcomer, a Toa of Light, had the situation under control, he turned around -- to take in a living nightmare.

Aero and Kpik were in dire trouble; zombies and odd beasts were closing in on them. Even worse, they seemed to be getting stronger. Nova spun around to cut down a zombie -- and saw a heavily armored being, muscular and strong, was clearing a path toward Kpik, the Toa of Ice and Light.

"HEY!" Nova called in rage. "Where do you think you're going?" He leapt forward with a war-cry and brought his sword, now alight with blue flames, down on the zombies in his way. But they were better than Nova had last seen; one grabbed the hilt of the sword as Nova swung it down. The blade stayed pointed to the sky, as Nova tried to overcome the zombie's strength.

Unfortunately, it wasn't working. The more Nova struggled, his yellow eyes glowing in anger, the stronger the zombie seemed to get. In desperation, Nova let the zombie push the sword up, while Nova tripped it up. Then he continued toward the armored being.

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC: Yes that's what NPC means. Smile

Aero, I told you that you can't take away Vezon's insanity like that, I'll have to make up an explanation that he is still insane. :/

IC:

Kpik kept his eyes on Torgen, who he hadn't seen previously, he probably would have died if not for Nova, he threw a ball of Light into Torgen as the Skakdi turned his head to look at Nova, Kpik drew his sword-before he had been relying on his powers, and sliced a Zombie in two, before one could get a hold on his leg however, he leaped away to another open spot.

Torgen took the hit, again, he was getting hammered out here, he fell, and quickly got up, he wasn't as agile as a Toa, but he could move if the need was strong enough. He growled as he ran forward, trying to get to Nova now, who had distracted him long enough for his enemy to attack him.

Nelk had a few Toa fly up into the air, shooting down whatever element they controlled to kill Zombies. He flew up, the beast's one good eye on him, and he flew down, kicking the brute in the face with a light charged foot.

Vezon felt Chaos come up behind him, and shout "Feel my Wrath!", he shrugged, Chaos' powers had no effect on him anymore, especially if he used his light powers to prevent it, the only reason he could get into him before was because he allowed it, the same occurred with Nelk. "YAH!!" He yelled, slashing another Zombie, but one grabbed him by the arm, he smacked it away, he was surprised he was having such an easy time of this, while everyone else was in full serous mode, as they always were, he was having a good time, which meant the Zombie's powers and strength remained the same around him, he made his way over to Nova, Aero, and Kpik, who he guessed needed a bit of help.

Kazi out.

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: I meant, what do they do? How does an NPC differ from a normal character?

IC:

"Uh-oh."

The Skakdi was making his way toward Nova now, an expression of pure malice on his face. And if those muscles and armor were anything to go by, it would not be easy getting him to fall.

Nova leapt forward and drew his sword. "Hey, big guy!" he called. "How's the weather up there?"

It was a lame joke, but one Nova hoped would infuriate his challenger further. In all Nova's years of wandering the world alone, he had learned that anger -- as well as too much confidence -- could get you killed. He had learned to keep his feelings from affecting his decisions; wits, not a thirst for revenge, would let you win.

"I'm guessing it's chilly," Nova continued, still wracking his mind for a better joke. "Why don't I heat it up a bit?" He sent a burst of flame upwards, right at the Skakdi's chest.

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC:

In a traditional role-playing game such as Dungeons & Dragons, an NPC is controlled by the gamemaster. Non-player characters populate the fictional world of the game, and can fill any role not occupied by a player character (PC). Non-player characters might be allies, bystanders or competitors to the PCs.

NPCs vary greatly in importance, from the NPC innkeeper seen once by the player characters, to the NPC arch-nemesis who comes back time-after-time again for an entire campaign. While every inhabitant of the game's world except the PC's are NPC's, very few are given any detail by the gamemaster (GM). In fact, most of the minor ones are invented on the spot as needed—doing this well is in fact one of the hallmarks of a good GM. There is some debate about how much work a gamemaster should put into an important NPC's statistics; some players prefer to have every NPC completely defined with stats, skills, and gear, while others define only what is immediately necessary and fill in the rest as the game proceeds. There is also some discussion as to just how important fully fleshed-out NPCs are in any given RPG, but it is general consensus that the more "real" the NPCs feel, the more fun players will have interacting with them in character.

From Wikipedia. So basically, NPCs are characters that are controlled by people like me, or Mangai, to fill in the rest of the world, or city, or wherever you are, and sometimes they take the roles of more important characters that the Game master doesn't have time to fully play as, since they need to run the RPG itself. My Char, Vezon, is an NPC, but not my other three.

IC:

Torgen dove to the side to escape the attack, he accidentally and not knowingly crushed a Zombie in his leap, he stood, shook off whatever was left of the Zombie, and charged at Nova with a yell. He swung his massive hammer to crush him when he got close enough, he fueled it with shadow, making it more deadly.

Kpik ran through the crowd, leaping over Zombies and around allies, to reach Nova and Torgen, his friend needed his help, and this time he would be sure he was there to provide it, he remembered the time just a few hours ago when Nova got poisoned by the alternate Kaita, that thought gave him an idea, for another Kaita, but right now, there was no time, they were being overwhelmed by the massing numbers, what he saw frightened him, more Zombies, pouring in like a water had just burst from its glass, it was time to order a retreat.

OOC: Mangai, we should evacuate the city, Vezon can help there, they need to get the soldiers back inside, or try to barricade the door, so they can all start escaping to the Mata Nui Inc. HQ. I'll start doing that as soon as possible.

Kpik out.

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: Oh, okay. I was wondering if, say, anyone would be able to control them, but I guess that's not the case.

IC:

Nova back-flipped away from the swinging hammer. As he landed, he sent out a burst of flame and then leapt forward using his Kanohi Kakama, just behind the blast. The Skakdi would be too busy dodging the firebolt to hit Nova away -- hopefully.

The Shadowed

The Shadowed

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: VArkan jumped into the fight, his one blade singing a song of violence and death as he carved his way throguh the zombies. Suddenly he faltered. The numbers were getting to him...

OOC; Possibly, Kazi, but that won't happen till Terry gives in.

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC: Alright.

LL: No, you can control them, it's allowed. Smile

IC:

Kpik finally made it to where Nova and Torgen fought, he shot a beam of ice, accidentally stopping the fire from reaching the enemy Skakdi. "Oh, junk." He said, he saw that they were now surrounded by Zombies, but they were still able to fight them off.

Torgen grinned at the prevented attack, and nodded to Kpik, "thank you for saving me." He said with a malevolent voice. He looked back a Nova, he created a ring of liquid steel around him, which began to close, and rise, and if it wanted to grab him, which was actually true.

Vezon saw Varkan being overwhelmed by the numbers around them, he called upon his mask, and created three small dimensional gates to swallow Zombies around him, he then yelled in happiness, but was smacked down by a Zombie who was running away from a gate, kind of ironic to him.

Kazi out.

~Aero~

~Aero~

Retired

Retired

IC:

Chaos flew in the air and struck and fired shadow bolt after bolt. His bretheren were advancing foward.

~Aero~

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: Okay, thanks for clarifying.

IC:

Nova shot a quick glare at Kpik -- but there was no time to be angry. The Toa of Ice had simply made a mistake.

As it turned out, it was a big one. The Skakdi caused a ring of metal to rise from the ground, encircling Nova. Slowly but steadily, it began to close on the Toa of Blue Fire.

He thought quickly. There was no leaping away from this attack. The metal was a strong alloy, part protodermis and part another metal Nova had heard of, called 'Exsidian'. The result? Walls and floors that could take a massive pounding before breaking.

But -- as Nova's breathing space began to decrease -- he suddenly realized something.

It's metal. And metal is extremely conductive -- which means it gets really hot, really fast...

With an effort unlike any before, Nova concentrating on heating up his body. But not just by a few hundred degrees -- no, Nova was aiming for a thousand degrees hotter.

Only inches of space remained. Nova called upon his last reserves of energy and air, and set his body afire.

And the metal enclosed on Nova.

NPC:

Not too far away, Nelk, the Toa of Light, heard a clang. He turned away from the now-fallen giant and saw the Toa of Blue Fire he had helped moments ago disappear behind a solid metal dome, that now closed in on his body.

"No!"

Nelk flew over, charging up a ball of light with which to pelt the Skakdi that had caused this... but then he froze in place, staring at the metal.

It was rapidly beginning to glow. At first, the glow was almost nothing. Then it grew, and grew, until the metal had turned orange. Small licks of flame flew out of the holes that appeared in the metal, until finally it turned liquid and began to flow to the ground. The flame rapidly turned from orange to blue, and as the last of the melted metal lay on the ground in a steel-gray puddle, Nova ceased the flame that had covered his body... and fell to his knees, oblivious of the red-hot metal he now crouched in.

"Remind me," he gasped to the Toa of Ice near him, "never to do that again."

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Jasik opened his eyes to the sound of shouts and cannon fire. Immediately jumping out of bed and grabbing his weapons, he left his room and ran towards the sound of the battle.

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

OOC: Let this live again... LL, Nelk isn't an NPC anymore, he's actually a char, but I won't get angry.

IC:

Kpik slashed down another Zombie, but they were getting overwhelmed, nothing they could do would stop them, it was becoming a useless fight. Kpik regrouped with the others, and he waited with his blade out, ready for the next Zombie.

Torgen frowned at the escape, but shrugged, it had cost him more energy to escape than it did Torgen to make such a deadly trap. He sent a few of his new traitor Zombies to kill of the heroes, it would only be a matter of time after all, that they would win this war at last.

Torgen out.

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Jasik

Jasik ran towards a grouping of Toa and other assorted races, locating in particular a Toa of Ice he had greeted in passing named Kpik. "What exactly happened here?"

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

OOC: Kpik, I made that post a while ago, you know... October 14, 2010, to be exact. Tongue

IC:

The zombies closed in. Nova swore under his breath; he had no energy left, as though it had all been siphoned out of his body.

"Guys... I can't fight..." Nova winced at a sudden twinge in his side, but he continued doggedly. "I've got to... get out... of here." Another twinge, another wince. "This... this is a losing battle..."

Then he fell onto his side, too tired to get back up but not unconscious. Never before had he felt so bone-weary.

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC [Chytry] : Chytry was torned. She knew she should be helping them, but Riglaxious told her to not to do. Then she saw Nova. All her life, she had been loyal to him, and yet... she felt used. She was used all the time.

She used her staff of Sand to block the zombies' vision, thus making her able to reach Nova, and get him out of there. A zombie attacked her, but she fought back.

OOC: Come on guys, let's keep this going... Btw LL if you don't want to be saved, just say you fell of my hands.

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC:

Through his fatigue-induced stupor Nova could hear the cries of battle around him, feel the thud-thud of frantic footsteps, see the blurs of warriors as they fought. Yet he could do nothing to help those warriors -- nothing! Never before had he felt so helpless.

Then -- he could feel a pair of arms grasping him. Was it an enemy? He struggled to turn his head, but that only brought forth a fresh wave of pain and weakness. Another struggle and he moved his eyes instead.

His carrier was female; that much was clear. He desperately wanted to say, "Who are you?" but his dry mouth wouldn't respond.

Needless to say, helplessness was a foreign feeling to Nova.

He tried to open his mouth; ignoring the aches in his tired muscles, he managed to croak, "Who're... you...?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum