Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back?

4 posters

Do you?

Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 2_bar_left63%Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 3_bar_right 63% [ 5 ]
Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 2_bar_left37%Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 3_bar_right 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 10:49 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No reason why we shouldn't -- it was one of the first things ever to be finalized on BA/BU/AC.

The "Preliator" comes from latin and means warrior, and is supposed to be the name of the Glatorian Species.

RESULTS, Yes [ 5 ] [62%] | No[ 3 ] [37%]
TOPIC CLOSED -Rig

Last edited by Riglax on 20th November 2010, 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 11:40 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yes

3Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 1:11 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

No offense, but I voted no. I don't believe it's a good idea, because then we will have to explain somehow that the warriors called 'Preliators' are just Glatorian under a different name. Plus, if we try to, it'll end up half-trashing the writing.

An example of what I mean by 'half-trashing the writing':
"Anything new?" asked Ackar of Vastus.

The Jungle Tribe Preliator ('Preliator' being the old name of the Glatorian species) shrugged. "Not really," he said. "If there were -- well, everyone would know it by now."

See how the explanation gets in the way? And if we put off the explanation, people will be confused ("What are Preliators??" "Are you creating a new species?"), and we don't want that.

It's a nice name, but there are too many reasons not to have it as the name for the Glatorian.

4Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 1:15 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Well I can had the term into Origins somehow. Shrugs

5Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 4:18 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Legolover-361 wrote:No offense, but I voted no. I don't believe it's a good idea, because then we will have to explain somehow that the warriors called 'Preliators' are just Glatorian under a different name. Plus, if we try to, it'll end up half-trashing the writing.

The Jungle Tribe Preliator ('Preliator' being the old name of the Glatorian species) shrugged. "Not really," he said. "If there were -- well, everyone would know it by now."

See how the explanation gets in the way? And if we put off the explanation, people will be confused ("What are Preliators??" "Are you creating a new species?"), and we don't want that.

It's a nice name, but there are too many reasons not to have it as the name for the Glatorian.

Just wait a sec. When did anyone, ever said we are gonna put that in the text? That would destroy the flow, and make nonsense. We could just use an * and explain at the bottom what it means, or put a reminder at the top. Shrugs

And hey, we are writing fan-fic, we need to come up with things to fill up canon holes, because that's what fanon is.

6Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 27th October 2010, 8:59 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax Nevann wrote:
Legolover-361 wrote:No offense, but I voted no. I don't believe it's a good idea, because then we will have to explain somehow that the warriors called 'Preliators' are just Glatorian under a different name. Plus, if we try to, it'll end up half-trashing the writing.

Just wait a sec. When did anyone, ever said we are gonna put that in the text? That would destroy the flow, and make nonsense. We could just use an * and explain at the bottom what it means, or put a reminder at the top. Shrugs

And hey, we are writing fan-fic, we need to come up with things to fill up canon holes, because that's what fanon is.
If you look over this article, there is nothing to say that they were not referred to as Glatorian before the new social system was set up. Unless that information is elsewhere, we ought to refer to Glatorian as -- well -- Glatorian. If it turns out that conflicts canon -- well, I'm not saying 'Preliator' isn't a good name, but I just can't see it being used for the Glatorian.

If it comes down to it, I'd be fine with using the name Preliator -- but only if it's confirmed that the Glatorian were not referred to as 'Glatorian' back then, and the vast majority of people on this site don't want to have to refer to them as 'warriors'.

7Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 6th November 2010, 7:21 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Actually GregF has confirmed, Glatorian is just a title given to those warriors on Bara Magna; and since he said he isn't gonna name the species, we are free to.

8Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 6th November 2010, 8:10 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Nice!

9Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 6th November 2010, 8:43 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Eh... I don't know. We ought to see what the people on BZPower think. Wink You know, ask for suggestions to get people involved, and make them want to do more stuff with us.

10Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 6th November 2010, 9:21 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Ehm, that's what we did Tongue On the old topic, this is a decition we got Tongue

11Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 7th November 2010, 11:49 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Dagger Riglax wrote:Ehm, that's what we did Tongue On the old topic, this is a decition we got Tongue
Oh, okay. I wasn't there when it was decided, I suppose. Tongue

But... I don't know, there's something 'off' about the name. It's a good choice, but is there something we can use that can be better related to the term 'Glatorian'? Perhaps 'Gladion', or 'Glatora', or something along those lines?

EDIT: How about 'Gladior'?

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 7th November 2010, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 7th November 2010, 8:33 pm

christo1096

christo1096

AC MOCist

AC MOCist

yes

13Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? Empty Re: Do you want the Term "Preliator" Back? 8th November 2010, 9:24 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Legolover-361 wrote:
Dagger Riglax wrote:Ehm, that's what we did Tongue On the old topic, this is a decition we got Tongue
Oh, okay. I wasn't there when it was decided, I suppose. Tongue

But... I don't know, there's something 'off' about the name. It's a good choice, but is there something we can use that can be better related to the term 'Glatorian'? Perhaps 'Gladion', or 'Glatora', or something along those lines?

EDIT: How about 'Gladior'?

Preliator means warrior in Latin.

But, if we changed the name, it wouldn't be a return Tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum