Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Helpless

+2
Skarloth
Rising Moon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Helpless Empty Helpless 14th July 2011, 10:48 pm

Rising Moon

Rising Moon

Worldscape Executive

Worldscape Executive

The hurricane was drawn forth from her lips through a shade of rain, a torrent unleashed from the cyclone within her eye. That mad, dazzling green whirlwind cast forth the storm of tears from an otherworldly realm, a realm where rain conquered all. Rain conquers joy, rain conquers feeling, rain conquers life and death. Rain numbs and kills and dampens and drowns.

She conquered Jack as her eyes rained.

"Jack...I don't love you anymore."

Her rain numbed Jack's smile, the grin pasted onto his face as if painted. Emotion fled from his eyes, two hollow grey pupils, dissipating with the howl of the wind unto a world unkind.

Sanity fled with it.

The world blurred. Marie became its fulcrum, the weight of eternity resting upon her pretty little head. So fragile, so gentle, so utterly puny and helpless, and yet all of everything lie her burden. Colors blended and clashed, the world fading and expanding, chaos loose from every corner where it had lurked, hidden for all-time and time again.

Jack's mind was empty as his eyes but for one thought.

Someone really ought to clean this mess up.

Havoc became the world for the brief moment in which the world remained in existence, and then all that remained was Jack. Some wandering, utterly lonely, helpless stranger against a world unknown now forever lost in the realm of nothingness, of insanity.

Helplessness, after all, is the conquering force. Helplessness steals away the minds and souls and hearts of all, eventually, and helplessness succumbs only to death, to abandonment of existence. Helplessness robs a man of his world, leaves him stranded in the dark, interminable void, nameless, fateless, without hope, and thus without purpose, without reason to travel onward. And ultimately he is passed on into death.

Even rain doth helplessness conquer, for when helplessness strikes the storm, the rain hath no choice but to fall to the earth where the conqueror be conquered by man.

Life is a circle.

Jack had left that circle. He'd always been loosely tied to the circle to begin with, his thread that connected him worn and eaten away by the ever-hungry helplessness, that beast of the years. Love had been the thread that tied his thread to the circle, and he felt a child, orphaned, his innocence renewed, the only source of light against that black forever trapped behind his eyes.

He blinked.

"What?"

Her helpless cry had become a sob, desperate and alone, weary. Jack felt so empty inside all of a sudden, felt the emptiness in between his arms, in his lips, in Marie, in everything. He longed to fill the empty space up with love, to shine light unto the darkness that clouded of the minds who could not see.

Jack saw now.

"I'm going to fill you up, Marie."

"Jack, I don't--I don't love... I can't...I'm sorry, Jack--Oh God, I don't love you Jack..."

"I'm going to fill you up until you're all chock full, Marie."

Horrid, beautiful shrieks of angels flew forth from Marie's pale, trembling lips. All Jack wanted to do was taste them, kiss her all better. Just like a booboo.

"I miss you, Marie. Won't you let me fill you up?"

Rain fell from his eyes too, now. His smile remained painted, dried up upon his mouth, lifeless and hollow.

"Jack, you--"

"The world's so empty. Will you fill it up with me?"

She had fallen to her knees now, no match for the conqueror.

His grip on the knife tightened merrily.

"Fill up the world with me, Marie."

Laughter emerged from his taut lips as he set to work really filling up the place.

2Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 14th July 2011, 11:15 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

O_o shocker at the end...

An sight into the mind of a maniac...

I have to say, the end seemed to ruin it, with this Jack guy turning out to be a killer.

Up until the end, it was good, then it just became strange...

8/10. That's my rating.

(Not good at SS reviews)

-Skar

3Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 14th July 2011, 11:43 pm

tent163phantoka:toast man

tent163phantoka:toast man

MNI Musician

MNI Musician

Blink That was disturbing. I can't help but think if this is a backstory for the Joker. In the Burton Movies, his real name was Jack Napier. 8.95/10. I kinda liked it.

4Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 15th July 2011, 12:28 am

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

Whoa.

That's interesting.

I thought of it the same way basically, disturbing, but good. Tongue

-Skar

5Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 15th July 2011, 1:43 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Their Mistake Story Manager

This is more like the Joker in the Nolan films. Tongue

6Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 16th July 2011, 5:41 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Lol, RM, this was kinda weird. Yet still, it's weird how it kinda fits.

7Helpless Empty Re: Helpless 21st July 2011, 4:42 pm

Dov Kayranslayer

Dov Kayranslayer

MNI Author

MNI Author

Darn it RM. How am I supposed to review you, if there is not a single thing that I could point at and triumphantly scream, 'HA! I KNEW YOU'D MAKE A MISTAKE SOMEDAY!'

Well, that was what I initially thought and then I saw this.

Rising Moon wrote:Jack's mind was empty as his eyes but for one thought.

Someone really ought to clean this mess up.

Okay dude, just no. You know me, I'm the cynical writer, who uses more dry humor in his writing than he's actually got in real life, so I'd probably like this line - if it was placed well. The sentence looks dropped randomly. For me, it just don't suit the situation. You could say something like that if, say, he was looking on a battlefield. Despite how mad as he was at the time, it simply don't seem to work. Plus, it falls quite far away out of your style here.

Rising Moon wrote:Havoc became the world for the brief moment in which the world remained in existence, and then all that remained was Jack. Some wandering, utterly lonely, helpless stranger against a world unknown now forever lost in the realm of nothingness, of insanity.

Helplessness, after all, is the conquering force. Helplessness steals away the minds and souls and hearts of all, eventually, and helplessness succumbs only to death, to abandonment of existence. Helplessness robs a man of his world, leaves him stranded in the dark, interminable void, nameless, fateless, without hope, and thus without purpose, without reason to travel onward. And ultimately he is passed on into death.

Even rain doth helplessness conquer, for when helplessness strikes the storm, the rain hath no choice but to fall to the earth where the conqueror be conquered by man.

Life is a circle.

Okay, this, dude, is amazing. I love the way you foray into the deep emotions and thoughts that even this madman has. Good work.

Rising Moon wrote:His grip on the knife tightened merrily.

"Fill up the world with me, Marie."

Laughter emerged from his taut lips as he set to work really filling up the place.

Good lord, disturbing as heck, this story of yours. Which is a job well done, because it's the point, it is, that's how I interpret it anyway. Look, RM, you can stop asking me to review your stories, it's the same thing all over again, I can't bear to review because there's nothing to properly review and criticize. Keep up the damned good work, RM.

Last edited by Lord Nektann on 22nd July 2011, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Watch your language)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum