Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Launch Preparations

+5
The Dark Hunter
Celu
St. Francis
Bioran23
Purmou
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Launch Preparations Empty Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 5:07 am

Purmou

Purmou

Plast! Chief Information Officer

In case nobody knew, I actually exist. Wink

I've been placed in charge of the launch committee...and apparently we have 13 days to come up with the best friggin launch ever. So let's do this.

• We need some insane advertising strategies.

• We need to get the word out that KanohiJournal is up and better than ever--as KanohiJournal Publications. Let's take advantage of this new project to advertise across the LEGO/BIONICLE community.

• We need to get people involved as soon as possible.

• Whether it be a giveaway (which Bioran informed he would be able to provide an item for, if necessary), a new video game, or a subscription to Vogue magazine or something, we have to get an active audience as soon as possible so as to maintain heavy viewer population. This new project relies on the activity of our viewers.

• We need some interesting startup content.

• Everybody take control of your allocated responsibilities--that is, those who have anything to do with KJP. We need to have some content to showcase the second this thing goes live, or else we'll lose the population after whatever it is we choose to do in order to draw them in.

I look forward to launching the new and improved KanohiJournal very soon as well as working with whoever has been assigned to this committee to make it happen. So let's get this done, people. Smile

2Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 5:18 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

Just to reaffirm how far we have progressed (and how far we still need to go) before the launch, which I mentioned earlier in the chat:

Solis Magna and Solar System Guide

• The MU section must be completed before launch. This means 1) the article about the Mata Nui robot (including history, properties) and 2) the segments about the prominent locations within them must be completed over the next 13 days.
  • In terms of progress: LN tells me that 50% of MU locations are complete. That means the remaining 50% of locations + robot article + overall design of the front cover and page designs + PDF publishing still needs to be done. TDH and SK, is it possible for us to have an evening some day just working on the latter two items? It shouldn't take too long.
  • The SMSG page is quite nice. I would say about 75% done? It might be nice to spiff it up a little too to make it look nicer and less like a wall of text. Any ideas?

Ancient Chronicle

• As I mentioned already, Origins must be completed 2 days before KJP's launch. (So, 11 days) The remaining two days we need to facilitate PDF and ebook conversions.
  • AC pages aren't really done yet. (We're about 20% there) So, this is what we need: 1) A page dedicated to the two remaining story serials. (Origins and TGC) This should be an abstract and a blurb, along with future progress. 2) A page dedicated to TM, which should include an abstract and a blurb.
  • It would be nice to get some art done for this, but I'm not sure how feasible that will be for the launch. :/ My concern here is that a lot of the pages will launch with not enough images but too much text.

Worldscape

• Pending.

Awakenings

• SK will be moving all the descriptions from the Awakenings forum onto the page itself.
  • I know this is a huge push for you, TDH, but do you see the possibility of completing something for the launch? (Like a 3 page prologue or something.)

Proofreading - What sort of system can we set up here?

I know I'm kinda violating the MNI autonomy here, but we do need to get this launch right. Smile Also, sorry for the mounting pressure. Sad I know it's raining on everyone's summer parade, but once the re-launch is out of the way things should be easier.

3Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 9:00 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

silly purmou.

i'm in charge. Tongue

Otherwise, I like the sound of everything.

-Spawn

4Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 9:25 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

About AC, we can get Origins out by that time.

The pages having not enough images, well I think I can get someone to make some.

5Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 11:06 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Yes, that sounds possible... I'll go into overdrive, spend every waking moment on it Smile

6Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 11:07 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

So apparently there's a neat feature which lets me publish SMSG as a website. Ha!

Maybe we could do that later. ^_^

7Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 12:25 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Ok, when Rigs left today for 2 weeks he put me in charge of media for AC(I already head the TM podcast). Here's what he gave me to do:

Spoiler:

You're incharge of making sure the media go on. Take this list and proofread it please, then post it as the official AC Media lists. Use this

http://mni.supernovafire.com/t160-ancient-chronicle-art
http://mni.supernovafire.com/f17-mocing
http://mni.supernovafire.com/f15-3d-modeling

..topics to get an example. Keep descriptions, but remove personalities. Plus, add next to each one the MOC, Art and 3D Model if they have one. Also, if you can get 00dude00 and any artists, MOCer, or anything from Bzp and BNG, do it.
So what I plan to do is take the descriptions and first of all edit it, then give it to ValkyrieLightGragon and ask her to make like one large poster for each serial(I have to cut the serials that are on hold for the edited list, so that makes like 3) making sure prominent chars are featured in them. Then from those it will be easy to make banners and such stuff. I already have a parsel of images we can use for TM, so that is taken care of. And if she can't help us with all of this(or none of it), I'll take this to the BNG topic for AC and recruit part time artists and any bored modelers that feel like making a poster or 2. Also art posters are more feasible at this stage than posters with 3D models because BNG is having a hard time even modeling for itself right now.

So that's what I plan to be doing for this. Any thoughts or helpful suggestions?

8Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 12:37 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

This seems to be okay with some exceptions. Art, Modeling, Music is all on hold. Only get some Origins things to advwertise, as that is top priority. ONLY do Origins along with writing a chapter. We need Origins things right now. The rest can be done post-launch. That's your job then, write Origins and do Origins advertising.

9Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 18th July 2011, 9:35 pm

Purmou

Purmou

So we're set on content--that's excellent.

Let's get to work on the other points, like viewer involvement right off the bat. Are we gonna do a giveaway or what? And if so, who can provide some stuff besides Bioran?

What about advertisement? We should take initiative on places other than BZP/BS01...let's try Eurobricks and such. Which of you are willing to make some topics on other LEGO/BIONICLE forums out there?

10Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 19th July 2011, 5:23 am

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

I should, hopefully, be able to do what GoldenTahu wants me to do, but I can't guarantee it.
I just need the priorities given, and please tell me the names of the serials as full WORDS. I am not very familiar with all the abbreviations.

11Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 19th July 2011, 10:30 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

We only need one serial worked on advertising wise at a time(because they launch at diff times; Origins happens to launch with Bzp and KJ). I'll PM you the specifics of the poster I want.

12Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 20th July 2011, 10:23 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

So, who exactly is working on the remaining AC pages?

Somebody please volunteer or I'll have to pick people to do it.

Also, is there some sort of storyboard for Awakenings? I'm trying to write up the page for it, but it seems like the only "storyboard" there is goes along the lines of "this is what happened in this book let's expand on it" without giving any specifics.

Lastly, I see quite a few chapters of Origins done now. Are they edited and proofread? Can I convert them into PDFs?

13Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 20th July 2011, 11:18 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

The ones in this topic are finished, edited and proofread.

So you you may convert them. Smile

Last edited by Celu on 20th July 2011, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 20th July 2011, 11:58 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Did you want me to work on the AC Media page(mostly TM, right?)? What would you like written or gathered for it?

15Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 20th July 2011, 10:52 pm

Bioran23

Bioran23

Give a synopsis and statement of why people should participate in voicing it, along with whatever you feel is appropriate.

16Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 21st July 2011, 4:39 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ok, here's waht I assembled.
Spoiler:

Last edited by The G-Man on 6th August 2011, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 21st July 2011, 6:55 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Do we know who is posting which topic (When we post them on BZP)? I know that I'm going to be posting the Awakenings Topic, who is going to post the Origins topic, etc?

18Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 21st July 2011, 7:03 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

No topic for Origins. Wink

And if there was one it would probably be RM or me.

19Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 21st July 2011, 7:04 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Ah. Then which topics are there, exactly, and who will post them?

20Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 24th July 2011, 1:21 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

If Rigs were here I would say he should post them all, but IDK. And why won't there be an Origins topic?

BTW Bioran is what I wrote and assembled good for the AC media page?

21Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 24th July 2011, 2:03 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Riglax would not post them all, I'm MNI CEO, and it would be DH and me. Tongue

22Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 26th July 2011, 10:07 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Um... what's up with the almost total lack of people the past 3 days. Are chapters 3 and 4 of Origins finished yet?

23Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 26th July 2011, 11:30 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

GT, Chapter 3 is done and posted, we're waiting on Zar to finish.

And there hasn't been a lack, look at the number of people on in the past 24 hours. Wink

24Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 26th July 2011, 1:58 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Wow, so apparently we broke our record of members online at one time,congrats us Tongue

25Launch Preparations Empty Re: Launch Preparations 28th July 2011, 11:40 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

So, is my AC media page content approved?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum