Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

426Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 10th April 2012, 12:01 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

"That settles the problem, I guess," sighed Aherac. "What do we do now? Why did the lockdown initiate? Does he know we've got the Vahki?"

427Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 10th April 2012, 12:05 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"I'd be willing to bet that he does," said Castor, cursing mentally. "Alright. Take him and head back to the Door. I'll meet you there in five."

428Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 24th April 2012, 7:25 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

IC - Atherac:

Atherac crabbed Markan, who was just waking up from the blow. Feeling physically renewed, he shook free of Atherac's control, and ignored him, running into the bar.

"Can you work with it here?"

"Maybe. We'll see. I've got my tools. It should ten times harder, but I'll do it."

429Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 28th April 2012, 11:32 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

Castor made his way into his room through a tunnel he had dug underneath the bar and walked over to his computer, pulling up the security feed. Jasik and his partner were at the bar, waiting. snap.

"Ath, this is Castor," he said into his comm unit. "Find an alternate route to my room. There are cops on the bar floor."

430Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th May 2012, 1:50 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

OOC: Seriously, this place. I am sick and tired of seeing it go from activity to somewhat activity. This needs to end. Now.

Anyway, here we go. Bringing back this RPG.

IC - Atherac - Makran:

Atherac grabbed his comm, as he heard Castor's voice. "Cops? What? I thought we were done with that -- what do they want now?"

"What's going on?"

"Cops."

"Huh?"

"You know, law regulators."

"I wasn't askin--"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Let's get this show on the road. We need an another way to get there."

"Don't look at me. You know I have no relation to this place," he murmured.

Atherac sighed, looking around the parking lot. Another way, eh?

"Castor, any ideas?" he said to the comm again.

431Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 5:22 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Angel

"Uh...hi, Xhana."

Angel walked into the bar haplessly and sat down at the bench.

"Don't cops ever get mornings off?" he asked, yawning.

"Code flirt! We have a code flirt!"

432Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:22 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door, Ta-Metru):

Xhana smiled sweetly. "You're concerned, aren't you? Don't worry. I'll be fine. I think they like me around here."

Before Jasik could ask what liking her entailed, Xhana was alraedy strutting through the door.

She placed an order for coffee and sat at a table near the counter to wait. A few minutes later, the female bartender handed Xhana her coffee and retreated into the back room with a weak emulation of Xhana's gait. At least her looks offered some promise.

As Xhana lightly sipped her coffee, a weak voice said behind her, "Uh... hi, Xhana."

She half-turned. In her left peripheral vision, she saw a certain Toa of Air ease himself onto a bench against the wall. Smiling amusedly, she stirred a bit more sugar into her coffee and turned one hundred degrees to better face Angel.

"Hi," she said simply. Her pleased expression spoke for itself.

433Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:27 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Ema

This can't end well, she thought, plopping onto her bed in the backroom and going to sleep.

"How'd you sleep?" asked Angel, sipping at his frappuchino.

434Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:33 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"Like a baby," she replied. "I was exhausted. You?"

435Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:34 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"You were exhausted?" Angel asked incredulously, one eyebrow lifted. "I mean, um...I slept alright."

436Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:41 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Her smile widened. "I just know how to hide my fatigue." She sipped her coffee at length, pausing the conversation. "To answer your earlier question, I don't get morning breaks, and I doubt I ever will."

437Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:43 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Watching movies with scripts that poor really takes it out of a girl, huh?" Angel asked, slowly beginning to wake up more.

She doesn't get morning breaks? That's not very fair.

438Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:49 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

She shrugged. "I'm just saying, you could have yawned a little less when things got fun."

439Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 7:50 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"That wasn't a yawn. That was a...drawn out gasp," Angel countered defensively, taking another sip of his 'chino.

440Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 5th July 2012, 8:02 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC: "What"

441Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 9:36 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"What's what"

442Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 9:49 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"Sure it was," Xhana replied innocently. Her coffee was delicious; perhaps the bartender had a future, after all, in her future husband's kitchen. She sipped more of her drink. "What brings you here so early, Angel?" she questioned.

443Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 9:51 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Came here for a coffee before my modeling appointment," said Angel, snatching some whipped cream from the counter and spraying it on the coffee with a sssh and a whink. "Y'know, you should come. It'd be fun, and I saw Jasik patrolling outside: he's kind of like three cops anyway, so you wouldn't be missing much..." he added hopefully.

444Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 9:57 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Xhana placed one hand on her chin in thought. Her other tapped her belt in a seemingly random pattern. Only Jasik could hear the beeps of morse code from Xhana tapping her muted radio.

Going elsewhere with bargoer. Getting friendly. Infiltration.

She paused then before saying, "Sure. Why not?"

445Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:02 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Okay. Cool," said Angel, giving her a little beam and finishing off his whipped cream topped monstrosity. "You bring anything besides your squad car, or do you need a ride?"

446Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:03 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"If you could give me a ride, I would be grateful."

447Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:07 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Alright, that sounds cool. I just got the advance copy of the new Gearheads CD, so we can--What. The. Hell."

The driver's side of Angel's car was completely covered by one giant sticker that read Just Married, and there were several empty bottles of scotch tied to the back of his car.

"Castor Goddamn Troy!" he screamed in frustration.

448Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:12 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (outside The Devil's Door):

"And here I thought you were the loyal sort." Xhana's tone sounded hurt, but her eyes glimmered jokingly.

She concentrated; a bolt of electricity lanced from her fingertips to the sticker, igniting it instantly. Xhana waited till the fire stopped before recalling the electrical power to her body. As if nothing had happened, she calmly walked around to the passanger side of the car and waited.

449Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:19 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC:

"I'll only be a second," he said, plucking one of the scotch bottles and testing it in his hand before hurling it at Castor's convertible. It shattered harmlessly on the pavement inches in heck of Castor's tire, and this time, Angel got a better idea of how to throw. He plucked another scotch bottle and threw it, smashing out Castor's left taillight. As he moved heck the third and heck taillight, Castor came bounding out, a sword in his hands.

"Angel, what the hell? That was my headlight, idiot!" screamed the Trojan leader, jumping onto the hood of Angel's convertible.

Instinctively, Angel hopped into the car after hurling the bottle at Castor: the Trojan leader cleaved it in half with his sword and turned back to Angel, but the momentary distraction had given the model all the time he needed. He pushed down on the gas pedal and the car jerked into movement, sliding heck as the well-refined convertible began to weave through the renowned Ta-Metru traffic.

"Bro, I dunno if you heck in the warranty!" Angel yelled with a grin. As Castor raised his sword, his lieutenant took a hard right, throwing Castor off the hood and into traffic. Only quick use of his Kanohi saved him heck being turned into roadkill, and Angel turned to grin at Xhana, who was now the only other person near his car.

"That happens more than you'd think. The jumping on cars thing, the ruining cars thing, being thrown into traffic..." he said sheepishly. "The married thing was a new one."

450Dissidence - Page 18 Empty Re: Dissidence 6th July 2012, 10:40 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (streets of Ta-Metru):

Xhana was staring straight ahead. She could have been watching the traffic, except her eyes were still focused upon the portion of hood off which Castor had slipped. Maybe she was in shock.

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 6th July 2012, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum