Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lein's Tale Storyboard

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Lein's Tale Storyboard 8th October 2010, 4:27 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Lein's Tale Storyboard Ac_--_leins_tale_banner_new
Storyboard

So we came up with our basic premise:

WORKING PLOTLINE FOR LEIN’S TALE

Lein is a fairly successful trader, who works with his girlfriend, Dyra, by the side of a Bota Magna river. Lein makes a nice amount of money, but when an opportunity to make even more appears in the form of a bet, he -- with some prodding from Dyra -- takes a risk. Unfortunately for him, he loses the bet and ends up another struggling merchant.

In order to make more money, he has to start trading under the table; again with some persuasion from Dyra, he begins working with shady black market dealings -- and finds that he’s a natural at it. However, his conscience aches at this choice; and to make matters worse some Glatorian get wind of his illegal doings and seek proof of his involvement with the black market.

At some point his dealings result in a huge forest fire. Lein has to rescue loved ones and everybody else as well, while having the Glatorian after him hot on his tail.

The fire results in the death of one of his close friends. He spends the rest of his life trying to make things right, despite suffering depression and, soon after, a fatal illness. His deeds clear his name, and after death people speak his name with respect once again.

Yes, it's quite nice, but there's a problem -- that problem being a lack of details. We can't just start writing based on this -- we need to brainstorm what goes on during each chapter, the who, what, where, when, and even why of every event.

Now, I'm not saying that we should say, "So and so will say THIS in the chapter, and this other guy will say THAT, etc." What we need to do is list the events -- nothing too specific, but enough so that our writers won't be heading off-course.

That being said, we might as well start with a plotline that stretches over twelve chapters, and the prologue and epilogue. Start planning, guys!

Prologue
-We see Lein on his deathbed. His closest friends are around him. As he slowly succumbs to the final stage of his fatal illness, he thinks back on his life...
-It is two years before the previous scene, and Lein is a confident trader. With his girlfriend Dyra by his side, he feels content with life.

Chapter One
-One day, while out in the Jungle Tribe village looking for potential customers, he comes across a cloaked stranger, who offers to toss a leaf. If the leaf lands bright-side-up, he wins the cart Lein is pushing around, still filled with the wares; if it lands dull-side-up, Lein gets paid a sizeable wad of currency.
-Dyra convinces Lein to take the bet. Lein finally agrees, but when the leaf is tossed it lands bright-side-up. Lein tries to back off from the bet, but the stranger has friends -- friends with Thornax launchers. Lein is forced to give up his cart, as well as a sizable portion of his goods.

Chapter Two
-It is a month later. Lein is still struggling. With the loss of many of his wares, he must work twice as hard to keep his business afloat. To make matters worse, a small inflation has taken place, and he must raise his own prices to bring in enough money to pay for things of his own.
-Dyra comes back from an excursion with someone who claims he can help them stay in business. He reveals that his solution is black market dealing, and he knows just how to get Lein in.

Chapter Three:
-Lein and Dyra talk in private about the offer to get Lein into the black market. Lein is against it, while Dyra states that he should be ready to do anything to get his business back afloat. After a fierce argument, Lein reluctantly agrees.
-Lein and Dyra go to meet their contact, who promises to get them some black market wares for them within the week.

Chapter Four:
-We flash back to Lein on his deathbed. His breathing is shallow, he is sweating profusely, and his eyes are tightly closed. He reflects on how his decision to join the black market was what sent him on the path to death's door.
-Flash back to one and a half years ago. Lein has grown confident with selling black market wares. One day he sells a package of blowroot (a combustable plant) he'd bought just the other day to another black market dealer. He doesn't think much of it.

Chapter Five
-We switch to the point-of-view of a jungle Glatorian (name TBD) who is showing a friend, Surel/Certavus (TBD), around the village. It's early morning.
-Another Glatorian (name also TBD) comes up suddenly and tells them he had gotten the chance to examine a secretive caravan just last night and found some strange plant material which, after taking back to the lab and working on for a few hours, was identified conclusively as blowroot, an illegal substance for civilian use because of its incredible combustibility.
-So, the main character Glatorian says he and Surel/Certavus will round up all the traders in the vicinity and question them. He tells the other jungle Glatorian to round up other Glatorian and have them guard the village's perimeter, so the blowroot can't leave the village.

Chapter Six
-We switch back to Lein's point-of-view. He's bringing his stand back out into the streets. This time he has only trinkets on his cart; he expects this to be a slow day.
-A jungle Glatorian comes up to him and orders him to take his cart to the village center. Lein has no choice but to agree. But he's nervous; he wonders if he's been caught.
-We switch back to the jungle Glatorian's point-of-view. He's in the village center, looking around at the traders. Surel/Certavus and two other jungle Glatorian are with him.
-He tells all the traders to clear their carts of goods. Then he and Surel/Certavus walk around one side of the circle of traders, inspecting every cart they come up to; the other two Glatorian work their way around the other side.
-The first two carts the first jungle Glatorian and Surel/Certavus inspect are clean of blowroot samples. The third cart they come to is Lein's. As he and Surel/Certavus inspect his cart, the jungle Glatorian notices in his peripheral vision that Lein is fidgeting a little. They check the cart. Nothing is there.
-The rest of the inspection passes uneventfully; all the carts are clean. The rest of the inspection is done, but Surel/Certavus remarks that Lein acted somewhat guitly. The jungle Glatorian agrees that they should keep a close eye on Lein.

Chapter Seven
-No info yet

Chapter Eight
-No info yet

Chapter Nine
-No info yet

Chapter Ten
-No info yet

Chapter Eleven
-No info yet

Chapter Twelve
-No info yet

Epilogue
-No info yet

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 10th July 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Woot! More chapter summaries!)

2Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 9th October 2010, 10:56 am

Toa Spirit

Toa Spirit

Retired

Retired

For the Epilogue how about it being set on Modern Day Spherus Magna (By modern Day I mean where we're up to in Canon), as someone (Vastus?) finishes his story about Lein, and his listeners reactions.
Of course that would mean that the Prologue would be Matoran/Agori asking about the history of Bara Magna (For the Agori, about the Bota Magna part of Spherus Magna). The listeners would be Jungle Agori and Plantlife Motoran/Toa as that would make the most sense for them being around Vastus.

3Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 9th October 2010, 1:50 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No, no, no. It looks too much like the Origins prologue, and it will look kinda weird, if everything starts the modern day.

4Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 9th October 2010, 4:59 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

It can just start when it starts, just pretending like everything after hasn't happened yet. If you know what I mean.

5Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 10th October 2010, 10:59 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Dark Hunter wrote:It can just start when it starts, just pretending like everything after hasn't happened yet. If you know what I mean.
We just start the story at Lein's time, you mean. I was thinking of that, but I've just thought of something rather different.

Perhaps we could start with Lein on his deathbed, and the rest of the story is in assorted flashbacks. It would really make the story more dramatic, because the readers are wondering what happened to Lein, and when he finally does die, they will feel for him more than they did at the beginning.

What do you guys think?

6Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 10th October 2010, 12:56 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Mmm, that could actually work. It usually does not, but I think here it shall fit pretty well.

We could have him stoping, and saying about how wrong his was, seeing him leaving his heart open.

7Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 10th October 2010, 1:48 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Mmm, that could actually work. It usually does not, but I think here it shall fit pretty well.

We could have him stoping, and saying about how wrong his was, seeing him leaving his heart open.
So here is what I was thinking for that idea:

Prologue
-We see Lein on his deathbed. His closest friends are around him. As he slowly succumbs to the final stage of his fatal illness, he thinks back on his life...
-It is two years before the previous scene, and Lein is a confident trader. With his girlfriend Dyra by his side, he feels content with life.

Chapter One
-One day, while out in the Jungle Tribe village looking for potential customers, he comes across a cloaked stranger, who offers to toss a leaf. If the leaf lands bright-side-up, he wins the cart Lein is pushing around, still filled with the wares; if it lands dull-side-up, Lein gets paid a sizeable wad of currency.
-Dyra convinces Lein to take the bet. Lein finally agrees, but when the leaf is tossed it lands bright-side-up. Lein tries to back off from the bet, but the stranger has friends -- friends with Thornax launchers. Lein is forced to give up his cart, as well as a sizable portion of his goods.

Chapter Two
-It is a month later. Lein is still struggling. With the loss of many of his wares, he must work twice as hard to keep his business afloat. To make matters worse, a small inflation has taken place, and he must raise his own prices to bring in enough money to pay for things of his own.
-Dyra comes back from an excursion with someone who claims he can help them stay in business. He reveals that his solution is black market dealing, and he knows just how to get Lein in.

8Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 24th December 2010, 12:49 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Some more ideas:

Chapter Three:
-Lein and Dyra talk in private about the offer to get Lein into the black market. Lein is against it, while Dyra states that he should be ready to do anything to get his business back afloat. After a fierce argument, Lein reluctantly agrees.
-Lein and Dyra go to meet their contact, who promises to get them some black market wares for them within the week.

Chapter Four:
-We flash back to Lein on his deathbed. His breathing is shallow, he is sweating profusely, and his eyes are tightly closed. He reflects on how his decision to join the black market was what sent him on the path to death's door.
-Flash back to one and a half years ago. Lein has grown confident with selling black market wares. One day he sells a package of blowroot (a combustable plant) to another black market dealer. He does not think much of it.

9Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 24th December 2010, 1:55 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

All these are great. Interesting how he flashes back sometimes; I love it personally. Maybe we can have an other big Black Market guy, who wants to overcome Lien, and puts some soldiers to hunt Dyra?

Lien is forced to protect her, but he can't, and they eventually have to fight off him?

As for the current Plant sell, do you have an idea?

Plus you're free to start writing the Prologue. Wink

10Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 25th December 2010, 12:00 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:All these are great. Interesting how he flashes back sometimes; I love it personally. Maybe we can have an other big Black Market guy, who wants to overcome Lien, and puts some soldiers to hunt Dyra?

Lien is forced to protect her, but he can't, and they eventually have to fight off him?

As for the current Plant sell, do you have an idea?

Plus you're free to start writing the Prologue. Wink

First off, thanks. I'm glad you like it (and I don't have to spend any time editing the plot Tongue).

Secondly, I'm not sure about all of that. Having another black market seller would be an interesting idea, but I'm mainly trying to build up to the forest fire that's the turning point in Lein's life. I don't know, maybe I tend to lengthen events too much, but it's easier to have that one event as the first climax in his life.

Thirdly, what do you mean by "Plant sell"? Do you mean the blowroot's appearance, or whom it's sold to?

Fourth, awesome! Maybe this will end up being a one man show... Cool

11Lein's Tale Storyboard Empty Re: Lein's Tale Storyboard 25th December 2010, 5:05 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

That was my question, what are you planning on do from now and om with the plotline? IDK, I suggested a possible threat.

Plus don't worry. LK, Clue and me are currently planning sometihng, or at least I'm using them to do some stuff (Tongue) that I believe will active our workers -- and get's us some more workers. (including Plast!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum