Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awakenings

+5
St. Francis
Bioran23
Riglax
Celu
The Dark Hunter
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Awakenings Empty Awakenings 1st August 2011, 3:50 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I'm just working on the official Awakenings topic in here.

Awakenings Awakenings_page_header_1

What is Awakenings?
Awakenings is a comic series dedicated to the early years and adventures of the Toa Mata, as they trained and protected Daxia, and Karda Nui. The newly formed Toa will start by getting in trouble in their first home, Daxia, where they will be trained by Hydraxon.

'Karda Nui' is all about the Mata fighting the Avohkah, sentient beings of lightning created to prepare Kard Nui for the launch of Mata Nui, but instead have gone mad.

You can join the Art department or the writing department and help in the development of this project.

Awakenings Awakenings_story_header

The Toa Mata were created in Artakha around 100,000 years ago, as a ‘failsafe’ Toa Team.

“Awakenings” follows the Toa Mata’s creation, until they would come to sleep on Karda Nui. Divided into two series, Awakenings will be a drawn comic by the fan organization known as Mata Nui Inc, released on KanohiJournal Publications.

In the first series, called Daxia, the Toa Mata are awakened for the first time in their lives, and learn what means to be a Toa. Incharge of their training will be Hydraxon. He will send them on various deadly challenges, with purpose to master their powers, and collect all the Great Masks need to control the six powers. After completing the training, the Toa Mata will learn what it means working as a Team – but as well as respect the three virtues, Duty, Destiny and Unity.

With time running out, and Mata Nui’s launch coming up, the Toa Mata will arrive in Karda Nui, were they will sleep until they are needed. Unfortunately, by-products left by the laborious preparations to launch Mata Nui, the Avohkah, will go on rampage and try to prevent Mata Nui’s launch by killing the Av-matoran responsible for the launch of Mata Nui and the Avohkah’s creation. The Avohkah are pure lighting energy, and thus are not killable. Only the energy storm that will be created upon Mata Nui’s launch will be powerful enough to stop them.

Is there enough time for the Toa Mata to hold off the Avohkah, so the Av-Matoran can escape and prepare the launch of Mata Nui? Even more, can the Toa Mata reach the Codex and sleep until they are needed? Time will tell, in the first tail of the Toa Mata, before even Time begun.

Awakenings Awakenings_art_header_1
We have a collection of drafts, designs and pages. At first, Dark Hunter designed them to be more set-like, although later on, he made them look more blocky to add a nicer touch. As of late, those are the only real drawing changes. The first page was recently made, colored, and drawn, while the second page has yet to be colored or finsihed.

Drafts

Original:
Preliminary sketch (Colored) -- The original Page.
Mata Redisign Sketch -- The Second Design
Tahu Charging WIP -- A WIP Test
Poses, Actions -- Some actions, and movement

Reworked Pose -- Latest pose
Newer design -- Final Design

Official

Pages:
Page 1

Colored Page One
Page Two WIP
Colored Page Two

----
Awakenings Mni_logo10
----

Awakenings Kjlogo

20/8/11 -- Riglax -- I've updated the story section, but as well as optimized some of the banners, including the KJP and the MNI logo.

20/8/11 -- Derp. This topic is about Awakenings and whatever happens to it from now and on. DH is obviously gone, and for now it's frozen until a new leader is found. Here's comic one script:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Riglax on 17th July 2012, 4:28 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : fix'd errors.)

2Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 10:45 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Logos need to be fixed, like the MNI one needs to be above the Awakenings one and the only thing in the footer needs to be the KJ one.

3Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 5:50 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's certainly something -- but I still think the side logos would look much better when smaller. Well, I improved our topic a bit.

4Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:28 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

What did you do to it?

5Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:31 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Fix'd the MNI section/optimized links.

6Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:46 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Cool. Also, remind me to put in Page 2.

Which I finished.

Go look at it Tongue

7Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:47 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I did Tongue

8Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:52 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

MNI logo is the first thing in the topic, I fixed it for you.

9Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 2:04 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I'd like to remove the parts of the topic that deal with the details of the story- I feel like it gives away too much. I will leave in where we're getting the story information and I will outline it, but I want to take out Taka's Flashback and things like that. I just hope it doesn't leave a huge gap in the topic; opinions? What should I put in that place?

Also, I'm going to make teeny tiny thumbnails of all the artwork that isn't a comic page so that people don't have to click a thousand links, and to attract their curiosity.

Also, just to be clear, the topic (When i speak of topic, I always mean on BZPower) is for discussion, promotion, answering questions, and reporting on progress, etc. Things like that, right? When I add a post saying, "Part 2 of Comic 3--(this refers to the monthly release of 5/7 pages, 2 parts per comic. This is the current system I'm forced to follow)--is up!", the first post gets updated with the corresponding link to the Awakenings page on the KJP site, correct?

I'm not sure whether I should post the pages on the first post of the Topic, or only have the links to the KJP site. It seems like a waaaaaaaaaay better solution for publicity, website hits, and the likelyhood of them getting hooked and/or checking out other KJP stuff. However, maybe some are too lazy to click the link or feel like the existence of that page makes the topic useless. To counteract that issue, I plan to release little teasers and WIPs on the topic to keep it alive and with a purpose. How does that sound?

PLease inform me if you guys had a different system in mind, I'm open to any and all ideas! Smile (Seriously, even if my idea is brilliant, tell me what you would've done. Iw ant to know Smile )

10Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 2:06 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Also, do NOT touch the current version of the TOpic on MNI's Awakenings topic. I want to have the original "copy" for comparison purposes, and in case I need to recover it or start over, or getr resources abck Smile

11Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 3:29 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Hey, as I've told, I have copies of files form the BU Era. If you ever need to see, how the forum was a year ago, get a download of the old themes we had, (The blue one, the green, the Christmas, and then this) come to me. I have everything.

I always keep versions of topics that have major revamps between them and whatnot. Want details about the past and whatnot? I also remember everything by mind xD

So, about the topic then. FYI, since we never got a site ready for anything, we always had to have topics that explain everything by hand. I agree with the fact we can put less info and more links to the site all together, but I'm still wondering about the logo on top (Yes, that bugs me terribly =/)

I still like the idea I had added in all previous topics -- at the end, we put the MNI logo on there, then links to our other projects, then the KJP logo.

I guess it's nice to remove some story info from there, but you can at least have them in the KJP page. Remember we are also doing this get workers as well.

12Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 3:43 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Yes, that makes sense. I too think putting that logo all the way at the top is ridiculous, I mean MNI is mentioned plenty in the bulk of the text, and when you get to the bottom, you'll see the huge logo well enough. I'll find some way to incorporate it... Maybe I'll stylize it? I dunno :/

How's this?

"[MNI LOGO]
presents
[AWAKENINGS LOGO]"

And about the KJP/Topic issue, I was thinking of doing something liek this: I post that we have a new part of a chapter, so they refer back to the first page (or I'll place a link in my post- that's better, IMO).
And on the first page, it's like this:

Chapter 4, part 1 is complete!
Example Link

And the on the first post, it says...

[bulk of the text][logos][images][blah blah blah]
Chapters

Chapter 1: Part1; Part 2
Chapter 2: Part1; Part 2
Chapter 3: Part1; Part 2
Chapter 4: [url=Example Link]Part 1[/url] (go ahead, click it, it's necessary for the example!)(This would link to the new chapter)

[the rest of the topic bulk]

...And we do it liek that instead of putting links to the actual page on brickshelf on the BZP topic.

WHat do you think? WOuld that work, would BZP allow it? Too complicated?

13Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 4:06 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Wait, I'm confused, chapters correspond into Comic Issues, right?

About the logo, I still think it's way too much. Heck, we can just put "[mni logo] presents" inside the actual logo in the top.

Also, dude, get some sleep. It's like 3AM for there. xD

14Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 5:20 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

No! It's currently 4:19 AM and I refuse to sleep, despite planning to go shopping for hats in the morning Tongue
And in the Awakenings ad, that's sorta what I did. I think that'll work...

15Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 6:10 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

My last post was an hour ago from yours Tongue The day's already begun for me XD

16Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 6:27 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

And mine an hour before yours!

Is that... Is that the sky getting lighter? Oh well, sleep is for the weak Tongue

Edit: yep, thats definitely the sun coming up... That's how committed to MNI I am, I literally do not sleep Tongue

17Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 7:17 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Dude... seriously... get sleep... you wont be able to go nowhere like that. xD

18Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 7:20 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

Plast! Executive Chairman

Remove the "Affiliations" text at the bottom and just leave the KJ logo there. (I'll give you the official version soonish)

19Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 7:36 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

So, do we really need to have that logo up top? Can't we incorporate it inside the logo of the x project?

20Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 20th August 2011, 11:55 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

LN and me decided to do a story description. I wrote this one:

The Toa Mata were created in Artakha around 100,000 years ago, as a ‘failsafe’ Toa Team.

“Awakenings” follows the Toa Mata’s creation, until they would come to sleep on Karda Nui. Divided into two series, Awakenings will be a drawn comic by the fan organization known as Mata Nui Inc, released on KanohiJournal Publications.

In the first series, called Daxia, the Toa Mata are awakened for the first time in their lives, and learn what means to be a Toa. Incharge of their training will be Hydraxon. He will send them on various deadly challenges, with purpose to master their powers, and collect all the Great Masks need to control the six powers. After completing the training, the Toa Mata will learn what it means working as a Team – but as well as respect the three virtues, Duty, Destiny and Unity.

With time running out, and Mata Nui’s launch coming up, the Toa Mata will arrive in Karda Nui, were they will sleep until they are needed. Unfortunately, by-products left by the laborious preparations to launch Mata Nui, the Avohkah, will go on rampage and try to prevent Mata Nui’s launch by killing the Av-matoran responsible for the launch of Mata Nui and the Avohkah’s creation. The Avohkah are pure lighting energy, and thus are not killable. Only the energy storm that will be created upon Mata Nui’s launch will be powerful enough to stop them.

Is there enough time for the Toa Mata to hold off the Avohkah, so the Av-Matoran can escape and prepare the launch of Mata Nui? Even more, can the Toa Mata reach the Codex and sleep until they are needed? Time will tell, in the first tail of the Toa Mata, before even Time begun.

... but as well as fix'd the KJ and MNI logo. DH -- You're free to add on anything needed or whatever you want. Because we are almost a month late, we wrote this so we can have something ready.

21Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 20th August 2011, 12:40 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

That's a pretty good rough basis, but I'll work it around a bit. I intend to make this as canon as possible! Smile

22Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 20th August 2011, 1:05 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

But, wait, this all canon details. It's pretty much all the canon stuff there is. If you write otherwise, it's going to be more non-canonical. Tongue

23Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 23rd August 2011, 10:31 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Um...what's the status on this?

I know TDH is at camp, but what progress has been made towards the last page of the prologue?

-Spawn

24Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 24th August 2011, 4:13 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

The Third page is still in the inking face, last DH talked about it. That's fine for me. I don't want to push one artist trying to pull off a comic, moreover when he's a teen. It's just annoying to keep bugging him about it.

I can easily do the Awakenings pages and stuff. I've still got two and a half weeks of summer. But, I don't know what DH is planning, and even if he's realized the Avohkah and what I wrote above is canon, since he seamed not to recognise it. I think it's fair to push him there at least.

I don't think none beyond DH has an idea of the plotline or story. >>

So, yeah, I'm here dudes. I'm free. Let me do stuff you don't have time to do.

25Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 24th August 2011, 1:35 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

1. Rig, YOU may have summer time left, but I start school tomorrow, and we need to launch ASAP.

2. That's why we need a second artist helping DH out. ;D

-Spawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum