Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halloween Special

+2
Bioran23
Purmou
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Halloween Special Empty Halloween Special 21st October 2011, 1:17 am

Purmou

Purmou

Plast! Chief Information Officer

Hey everyone.

With Halloween fast approaching, and the new KJP BZpower topic being worked on, Bioran and I felt it would be appropriate to publish some Halloween-oriented short stories under KJP.

What this project would entail is the MNI writers collaborating to write at least two short stories with Halloween themes.

Bioran and I were considering one BIONICLE story and one Hero Factory story. We'd like the former to definitely be done, but the Hero Factory could be replaced with something else that you feel relevant (it could even be a COT short story, but be warned that it may get buried).

So we're leaving the plots up to you, but we ask of you not to make it cheesy. Another thing to take into consideration is that we'd like it not to be completely original either. So there's some very specific criteria here. We'd like you not to recycle the cliche elements of BIONICLE and also not to make it completely original.

That being said, we want to see a balance of elements in the stories. Include some elements from the storyline, and also build upon those to introduce some new things. It would raise some interesting (and needed) publicity about some of our projects.

Specifically, introducing some new concepts to promote KJP would help. Bioran had an idea to set the story on one of the other planets in the known BIONICLE solar system. I agree that this would be a great step towards some possible new storyline developments, and more importantly, some intriguing fan responses, which will hopefully generate some much needed attention for our projects (specifically SMSG, if you guys go with this other planet suggestion as it would tie in to the guide).

So this topic is for brainstorming ideas for the short stories and deciding the genre of the second one. Tentatively, we are going for one BIONICLE story and one Hero Factory story.

2Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 21st October 2011, 1:21 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

About the "not being completely original bit", we mean sort of like reworking classic stories, but we give our own spin to it, so to say. Smile

3Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 21st October 2011, 8:05 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

As I told Bioran on the chatbox, I'm working on a Hero Factory story for Halloween; when it's done, should I post it here so you all can look over it?

4Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 21st October 2011, 1:04 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

I'm interested in writing a Halloween style Bionicle story, but I'm not all flared about doing it on a new planet, as I(or we) would have to create the whole setting from scratch. If this idea is gone with, I'd like to rite the story from the perspective of a known kind of being(like some Matoran, IDK) who perhaps gets accidentally trapped on this planet or something of the sort.

Actually, this approach would serve to make a classic horror story, because of the familiar and new elements. The definition of good horror is literally the familiar made strange.

5Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 21st October 2011, 2:46 pm

Purmou

Purmou

The new planet was simply a suggestion, but I'd recommend for the reasons I stated in the first post. It's a good publicity stunt, especially to get people into SMSG. A new planet in the solar system would directly correlate with the subject of the book, and so I think it would help us out a lot.

6Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 23rd October 2011, 4:56 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Assuming we are going for a scary story, here's a plot I put together for the short:

Spoiler:
Forgive me for going into detail, but I wanted you to get the feel of what it would be lie reading. I made this so that it's appropriate for halloween, but still vaguely introduces a new planet for whatever y'all want to go with. What do you think?

7Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 23rd October 2011, 10:36 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

Really cool (and creepy) idea GT, I'm sure that if enough time was put into it, it could be a very awesome Short Story.

I'm sure something similar could be done with the other SS, but nothing too similar.

-Skar

8Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 25th October 2011, 12:23 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

LL is doing that one. Purmou, I am needz your approval to work further on this.

9Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 26th October 2011, 10:02 pm

Purmou

Purmou

Wow, we're way behind schedule. Sorry for not getting to this sooner. Yes, I love that idea. Can you finish it before Monday?

10Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 27th October 2011, 7:32 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Sure. Hey also, you know they have this new contest on Bzp where you're supposed to write any Bionicle story using the title of one of the Bionicle comics(LINK). Perhaps we could enter this and call it "Monsters in the Dark", after the first Hordika comic? That way we could get more recognition, especially if we win.

11Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 28th October 2011, 2:39 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Hey. I'm not that proud to inform you guys I can't enter.

I was originally going to enter, but as of now, I am simply can't. The Windows System I was running got corrupt by some sort of virus/program, so I am also unable to do certain AC jobs. Once I have everything I need back, I don't think I will have to time to finish the story AND the AC plan I have in mind.

12Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 28th October 2011, 9:18 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

GoldenTahu wrote:Sure. Hey also, you know they have this new contest on Bzp where you're supposed to write any Bionicle story using the title of one of the Bionicle comics(LINK). Perhaps we could enter this and call it "Monsters in the Dark", after the first Hordika comic? That way we could get more recognition, especially if we win.
We can decide after we publish it? Smile

13Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 28th October 2011, 5:36 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

That's fine since there's plenty of time after this Monday to decide. It would also be nice to have a little banner for this.

14Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 29th October 2011, 3:42 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Ask Legolover for a banner. My parent's computer doesn't have any image editing program.

15Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 31st October 2011, 10:13 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Here 'tis, just in time for halloween night. Please review so we can post it tomorrow. Satisfied
Spoiler:

16Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 1st November 2011, 1:17 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Sorry my story isn't completed -- I'll try to finish it by tomorrow afternoon. Would it be all right for me to post it on BZPower independently?

17Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 9th November 2011, 12:57 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

So... Purmou, is it good to post? I mean, you waited till a week after halloween... Huh

18Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 12:45 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Did you see my comment on your topic?

19Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 5:01 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

So, are we still going for this?

20Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 5:41 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

...seems like everyone's ignoring me. Tongue

Was this the story originally for Halloween? If so I thought of an idea to publish it even though it's a bit late.

Tell me when it's been checked over or if it's already been done and I'll publish it.

21Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 5:44 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

But we were looking for more than one, story, right? XD

22Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 3:57 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

LL is doing a Hero Factory story as well.

Sorry Bioran, no I didn't see your post. It was for Halloween, and actually could have been posted that day or the day after if Purmou had reviewed it right then.

23Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 6:04 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I wrote a Hero Factory story. Tongue It needs some looking over, though. Do you guys want me to post it in the Creative Writing forum?

24Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 10th November 2011, 8:13 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Yeah sure.

25Halloween Special Empty Re: Halloween Special 11th November 2011, 8:20 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Like I said, if it's proofread I'll put them up. Smile