Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First comic?

+2
Riglax
Celu
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1First comic? Empty First comic? 29th August 2010, 1:04 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

What is the 1st comic going to be MNI was working on a Comic series for the Early Years of the Mata

2First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 29th August 2010, 3:34 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Yeah, what about awakenings?

3First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 29th August 2010, 5:11 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

First comic is Federation of Fear, which is being worked on by Tohkann. This will then be followed by Dark Mirror.

Once all the other MNI folks are here, I can start assigning them to different comic series.

4First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 29th August 2010, 5:15 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I pmed them, but yeah, the times are different. So scratch that from the B:U topic again.

Also when will be able to speak freely about this?

5First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 29th August 2010, 5:18 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

I'd say a few hours after the launch of KnS.

6First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 29th August 2010, 10:52 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

For Dark Mirror, we encounter Tuyet. I know NtM had a poll up if we should do a Tuyet or Naho contest. If a Tuyet contest happens post the completion of the DM comic we're in a tough spot.

7First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 30th August 2010, 12:14 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Will Awakenings be a part of Kanohi.NOVUS Comics?

I am working on both that and a comic version of the Toa Nuva Blog

8First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 30th August 2010, 12:23 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Yes, but not right now.

9First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 3rd September 2010, 1:01 pm

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

So are these comics going to just based on the story serials?
I think it would be cool if we had all the story in comic form.
Sort of like what BNG is doing but in comic form.

10First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 3rd September 2010, 1:03 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yeah preety much I think. Tongue But are you doing the early years of the Mata. Tongue

11First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 3rd September 2010, 7:27 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Ultra hamster wrote:So are these comics going to just based on the story serials?
I think it would be cool if we had all the story in comic form.
Sort of like what BNG is doing but in comic form.

Indeed. Technically we wouldn't have the story in comic form, as these comics are non-canon. What BNG is doing is slightly different. BNG is a movie program that is making...movies. The difference is that these comics will be strictly confined to canon boundaries (even though they are non-canon, they will be strictly following canon). BNG is taking slight liberties with the story, while KnC is making it as canon as possible.

12First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 4th September 2010, 10:52 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

That's a great idea, except that's A LOT of comics. Thats a lot of pressure on a few people.

13First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 5th September 2010, 12:13 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Dark Hunter wrote:That's a great idea, except that's A LOT of comics. Thats a lot of pressure on a few people.

We never said 'Do all of the comics by 2011 or we'll shoot you' =P. We are looking into hiring more artists, as currently use and Ultra hamster are the only ones. Heck, this project might last into 2012. Currently, Mata and FoF comics are priority.

14First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 5th September 2010, 4:49 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Actually this will take a lot more than what LN said Tongue

I imagine this to last until 2015, IMO. (Don't say anything about that please)

Last edited by Riglax on 5th September 2010, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

15First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 5th September 2010, 5:18 am

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

What do you mean by more canon than BNG, at BNG we are taking the story and changing the dialogue.
Are you going word for word with the story?
I think this is closer to BNG than you think.
We could work together and have the episodes strongly based of the graphic novels like many anime shows.

16First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 5th September 2010, 10:15 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Meh, you're the BNG expert. Smile

17First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 8th September 2010, 7:02 pm

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Really we should use the same scripts as BNG, you can work with us in writing them as we really only have Dark Mirror completed.
Basically what we are doing is changing the words and mixing up scenes.
We change the dialogue to avoid copyright from scholastic, just to be on the safe side, and to be a little more original. We mix around scenes because we are dealing with various story sources and so that the overall story would flow better.

18First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 8th September 2010, 9:08 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Ultra hamster wrote:Really we should use the same scripts as BNG, you can work with us in writing them as we really only have Dark Mirror completed.
Basically what we are doing is changing the words and mixing up scenes.
We change the dialogue to avoid copyright from scholastic, just to be on the safe side, and to be a little more original. We mix around scenes because we are dealing with various story sources and so that the overall story would flow better.

We should not use the same scripts as BNG. Here's the issue. If we make these comics the 'comic version of BNG', that will prove problematic. The thing is, we aren't partnered with BNG. There are several people who may be anti-BNG for reasons of their own (I for one think BNG might be cool, if ambitious). Partnered with BNG may bring an influx of BNG people to the site. And we aren't changing any words, or really, anything. These comics will be as close to canon as humanly possible. And we aren't mixing around scenes, because we aren't worried about flow. Movies are different than comics, to make a movie work you need a different type of storytelling than in a comic Shrugs . In Federation of Fear, we will probably stick to canon. Added scenes are Vezon with Zyglak, and (I hope) Vezon falling of Miserix that is mentioned in Destiny War.

19First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 8th September 2010, 9:19 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yeah Dorek already doesn't like KnS we don't want him to hate Kn Comics because he hates BNG. Wink

20First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 9th September 2010, 12:24 am

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Dorek is going to hate it no matter what.
Haters are going to hate, as they say.
But we are doing episodes actually.
Your also going to have to look into the scholastic issue as I don't think they approve of you copying dialogue from books they own. I don't see why you won't mix different story sources as many sources are incomplete.

21First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 9th September 2010, 8:42 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Um, whats wrong with "an influx of BNG people"?

Celu and I are from BNG. ANd we're the Presidents Tongue
I honestly dont see the issue.

And remember, we're not doing this for Dorek! Who cares if he approves?

22First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 9th September 2010, 8:43 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

But still. And I disapprove the BNG is moving here. I don't want BNG people. BNG has their own forum

23First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 10th September 2010, 7:48 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

I'm actually happy for BNG to move here, as long as it doesn't become a huge organization mess. It'd be nice to have everybody in one place so we can collaborate better.

In terms of comics, since MNI is now part of us, I think you can look forward to a future where we will have canon-based comics and non-canon comics. As for what BNG is doing - I can't comment because I don't understand what you guys are trying to do, but we're gonna continue with what we're doing anyway. Tongue

Also, I should remind you all that BNG is a close partner of the KJ/Chron/Kn.

24First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 10th September 2010, 9:25 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yaaah well our comic is kinda semi-canon it's based on the early years of the mata which was told in like a few first chapters in the 08 books. Wink

25First comic? Empty Re: First comic? 10th September 2010, 10:22 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Wait, BNG is moving here? When?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum