Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awakenings

+3
GoldenTahu
The Dark Hunter
Riglax
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Awakenings Empty Awakenings 17th July 2011, 7:48 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Awakenings Awakenings_page_header_1

What is Awakenings?
Awakenings is a comic series dedicated to the early years and adventures of the Toa Mata, as they trained and protected Daxia, and Karda Nui. The newly formed Toa will start by getting in trouble in their first home, Daxia, where they will be trained by Hydraxon.

'Karda Nui' is all about the Mata fighting the Avohkah, sentient beings of lightning created to prepare Kard Nui for the launch of Mata Nui, but instead have gone mad.

You can join the Art department or the writing department and help in the development of this project.

Awakenings Awakenings_story_header

The story is set one year before the launch of Mata Nui, and deals with the Toa Mata as protagonists. There's a lot of information on what they did; but we're going to unite all those and create a better story, but adding elements and enemies to it. You can suggest any scenarios here -- we'll look on it, and if you're lucky, we might include them.

This a description of what we know from the book, BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets
Back in Takanuva's visions, Gali is knocked flat by her trainer, Hydraxon, after being defeated countless times before. She then goes into a short frenzy in a wild effort to defeat him, but fails. She gets up, ready to strike again, but then is knocked down by Spinax. After she is forced to run away from Spinax, she finds her way back to the Toa Mata's rest station, and engages in discussion with several of the other Toa.

In Takanuva's visions, he sees Lewa underwater, attempting to find his Miru. Frustrated by the attacks of schools of carnivorous fish, he gives up, and Hydraxon laughs at him. Their trainer had taken each of their masks and hidden it somewhere on Daxia. Angered, Lewa comments on how each of the other Toa Mata are doing, then realizes that they can work together. Hydraxon commends him, and Lewa seeks out Gali's help for getting his mask, in exchange for him getting her mask. After the mask search, Tahu and Kopaka scale a mountain to get to an Order of Mata Nui base. They then trick the guards into letting them in, and they are greeted by Helryx, the leader of the Order. She stops working on her project, the Swamp Strider, and then asks them if they will take on the job to become Mata Nui's guardians.

In Takanuva's visions, he witnesses the Toa Mata in Karda Nui, and Kopaka and Tahu fighting off a group of Avohkah. After they are defeated, Tahu and Kopaka debate whether or not they should tell the other Mata the truth about the Codrex and what it is meant for.
(Special thanks to BS01)

Awakenings Awakenings_art_header_1
We have a collection of drafts, designs and pages. At first, Dark Hunter designed them to be more set-like, although later on, he made them look more blocky to add a nicer touch. As of late, those are the only real drawing changes. The first page was recently made, colored, and drawn, while the second page has yet to be colored or finsihed.

Drafts

Original:
Preliminary sketch (Colored) -- The original Page.
Mata Redisign Sketch -- The Second Design
Tahu Charging WIP -- A WIP Test
Poses, Actions -- Some actions, and movement

Reworked Pose -- Latest pose
Newer design -- Final Design

Official

Pages:
Page 1
Colored Page One

Page Two WIP

--

Awakenings Mni_logo9
Projects:
[color="#000099"]Ancient Chronicle -- [color="#FF0000"]The New Era -- [color="#8B0000"]Awakenings -- The MNI Soundtrack

Affiliations:
Awakenings LogoSiteAwakenings Kj_smallAwakenings Bng_small

Also, a WIP, to be done once I get back Awakenings 347709

Beat you to it, Rig. -Tyler

NO U -Rig

Comic One Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc. Invidior P. Thus on 20th August 2011, 11:03 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding new logo.)

2Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 19th July 2011, 1:42 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Nice layout, Rig! Although, I think we shouldn't put the story synopsis into the published topic. Kinda kills the whole story telling aspect of it, in addition to not having all that much information in the public to begin with.
My tablet has risen from the dead (hurray!) and I'm back on track- I colored all the basic aspects of the Awakenings Ad, now I just have to add all the specialized colors.
It'll be done in a day or two, tops.

3Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 19th July 2011, 10:36 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

It would be nice if there was some kinda Mata Nui background to that promo(like the volcano maybe). I can't wait for this to launch. Smile

4Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 19th July 2011, 1:16 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

It'll have to be something else, like pre-cataclysm Karda Nui, to show when the comics take place. Don't want to confuse anyone Tongue

5Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 19th July 2011, 3:04 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Update: 4/6 Toa colored

6/6 Toa colored

Weapons colored

Shading begins

Shading continues, 2/6 Toa shaded

Shading in progress, 4/6 Toa shaded

Shading almost done, 5/6 Toa shaded

AD COMPLETED

6Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 26th July 2011, 4:38 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Awakenings Awakenings_banner_1

Banner for Awakenings I made, anything that should be added to it?

7Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 26th July 2011, 4:39 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Naw. That looks amazing.

-Spawn

8Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 26th July 2011, 4:55 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Well the name "Awakenings" of course. Tongue

9Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 28th July 2011, 12:45 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Awakenings Awakenings_official_ad_1

Improved advert, re-sized and stylized for use. I will work on editing the official topic to remove useless or out of date information.

10Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 28th July 2011, 1:09 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

That's epic, now I need to edit this topic along with all the other MNI topics.

11Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 28th July 2011, 1:23 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I made a new topic header image for Awakenings, with the new Awakenings font. I'll work on updating the other topic images as well.

Awakenings Awakenings_story_headerAwakenings Awakenings_art_header_1

12Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 28th July 2011, 11:39 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Unbelievably awesome! Now we just have to do the comic. Tongue

13Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 30th July 2011, 2:08 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

The Dark Hunter wrote:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bioniclemadfan554/things/AWAKENINGS/awakenings_banner_1.jpg

Banner for Awakenings I made, anything that should be added to it?

I think you should add a one-pixel black border. It'd make it look a little tidier, in my opinion.

14Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 30th July 2011, 9:06 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

It's fine the way it is, anyway most of the border is black anyway, so it would serve little purpose.

15Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 30th July 2011, 9:24 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I'll leave it how it is for now.

Progress on page 2
Shading progress, 4/6 panels done

16Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 31st July 2011, 11:54 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

The ad and Page Two look sick. I'm worried though, about the layout of Page One. It's way to different from Page to Page.

Other than that, that Awakenings logo looks sick. I'm kinda worried about the Art and Story tittles, maybe we shouldn't use images at all, or just make them smaller?

17Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 31st July 2011, 11:59 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

What is Awakenings?
Awakenings is a comic series dedicated to the early years and adventures of the Toa Mata, as they trained and protected Daxia, and Karda Nui. The newly formed Toa will start by getting in trouble in their first home, Daxia, where they will be trained by Hydraxon.

'Karda Nui' is all about the Mata fighting the Avohkah, sentient beings of lightning created to prepare Kard Nui for the launch of Mata Nui, but instead have gone mad.

You can join the Art department or the writing department and help in the development of this project.

Awakenings Awaken2

The story is set one year before the launch of Mata Nui, and deals with the Toa Mata as protagonists. There's a lot of information on what they did; but we're going to unite all those and create a better story, but adding elements and enemies to it. You can suggest any scenarios here -- we'll look on it, and if you're lucky, we might include them.

This a description of what we know from the book, BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets
Back in Takanuva's visions, Gali is knocked flat by her trainer, Hydraxon, after being defeated countless times before. She then goes into a short frenzy in a wild effort to defeat him, but fails. She gets up, ready to strike again, but then is knocked down by Spinax. After she is forced to run away from Spinax, she finds her way back to the Toa Mata's rest station, and engages in discussion with several of the other Toa.

In Takanuva's visions, he sees Lewa underwater, attempting to find his Miru. Frustrated by the attacks of schools of carnivorous fish, he gives up, and Hydraxon laughs at him. Their trainer had taken each of their masks and hidden it somewhere on Daxia. Angered, Lewa comments on how each of the other Toa Mata are doing, then realizes that they can work together. Hydraxon commends him, and Lewa seeks out Gali's help for getting his mask, in exchange for him getting her mask. After the mask search, Tahu and Kopaka scale a mountain to get to an Order of Mata Nui base. They then trick the guards into letting them in, and they are greeted by Helryx, the leader of the Order. She stops working on her project, the Swamp Strider, and then asks them if they will take on the job to become Mata Nui's guardians.

In Takanuva's visions, he witnesses the Toa Mata in Karda Nui, and Kopaka and Tahu fighting off a group of Avohkah. After they are defeated, Tahu and Kopaka debate whether or not they should tell the other Mata the truth about the Codrex and what it is meant for.
(Special thanks to BS01)

Awakenings Awaken3
We have a collection of drafts, designs and pages. At first, Dark Hunter designed them to be more set-like, although later on, he made them look more blocky to add a nicer touch. As of late, those are the only real drawing changes. The first page was recently made, colored, and drawn, while the second page has yet to be colored or finsihed.

Drafts

Original:
Preliminary sketch (Colored) -- The original Page.
Mata Redisign Sketch -- The Second Design
Tahu Charging WIP -- A WIP Test
Poses, Actions -- Some actions, and movement

Reworked Pose -- Latest pose
Newer design -- Final Design

Official

Pages:
Page 1

Colored Page One
Page Two WIP

--

Awakenings Mni_logo9
Projects:
Ancient Chronicle -- The New Era -- Awakenings -- The MNI Soundtrack

Affiliations:
Awakenings LogoSiteAwakenings Kj_smallAwakenings Bng_small
[/color]

Also, a WIP, to be done once I get back Tongue

Beat you to it, Rig. -Tyler

NO U -Rig

Comic One Script:
Spoiler:

18Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 31st July 2011, 1:43 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I can retcon it and say that page 1 was the introductory page, and the wavy blackness is supposed to show that it's a series of disconnected images Tongue (which it is)

I can try to make the Story and Art images some sort of png so that we can just post the words alone, sounds like a good idea. That, or I'll whip us some more flattering, specialized art for them.

19Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 31st July 2011, 2:05 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Sounds awesome to me.

20Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:30 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

BAM! Page 2

Awakenings Awakenings_page_2_complete_sm

21Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 1st August 2011, 6:46 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

DH YOU DUDE YOU COULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS AWESOMENESS.

22Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 3:50 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

Plast! Executive Chairman

Think you guys can write up some more content so that the Awakenings page can go into more depth? (i.e. AC page)

Right now the information in the "About" section doesn't really give the reader a proper insight to what the comic is about.

23Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 4:01 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Oh, of course. Down in the Admin forum, I have a topic in which I'm editing the first post to be suitable for BZP and the release, in which I'll fix it up and add to it. I'd be happy to make a separate 'About' section just for the KJP site.

Oh, and even though I'm essential doing Awakenings on my own (Tongue) it doesn't mean I don't need all your help! Does anyone have good ideas for how to incorporate the speech, text, thoughts, etc? I hate the really ugly bubble I have on Page 2, but I don't want to clog up the page with those bright, bulky, cliche speech and thought bubbles or text boxes.

Please, any and all suggestions will help. If we get a great way to input text into the comic without taking away from the art or obscuring it in any way, it'd result in a much better comic. For one, I'd finally be able to show all the confused thoughts Tahu has in the very beginning, such as "Who am I? Where am I? Why can't I move?" and etc. If you read the Script I posted for comic one in the first post, you'll see that there are many more emotions and thoughts than just the odd "Did I do that?", which by itself seems really out of place and out of context.

Thank you all in advance! Smile

24Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 11:50 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

I love the comic so far, except for the bubble. Could we have a more classic(or more original) bubble?

25Awakenings Empty Re: Awakenings 2nd August 2011, 12:11 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Well, bubles wouldn't have been invented if they weren't practical Tongue

Well, we can have a log in the side, shorta likes this:

Tahu: Did.. did I do this?

Lewa: It sure looks like you did!

That ruins the feel that you're reading something that's alive, and going on right now. Or, we can use similar colors to the background to blend the bubble much better. The text could be a little more visible. I can't think of anything else, after all, this is a comic. xD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum