Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS

+4
Celu
Lord Nektann
GoldenTahu
St. Francis
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 19th August 2011, 10:11 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Seriously, guys, we're almost a month overdue.

What's our status at?

-Spawn

2KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 19th August 2011, 11:58 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Their Mistake Story Manager

...the status is ready-when-Bzp-is. Tongue

Really, we can launch all necessities now, except maybe Awakenings. If Bzp dallies longer, we may have TGC done as well.

3KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 12:15 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

BZP has nothing to do with it.

Seriously, it's all on Bioran and SK. This is primarily their stuff. DH has his thing, but this is those two.

4KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 12:21 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

One thing us our problem really.

Solis Magna Guide Pt. 1

5KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 12:27 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

That's held up on SK photoshopping >>.

6KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 5:39 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Bzpower has nothing to do with the launch. Even if it's 'our' primary source of 'fans', we can still find people, through BS01, and other sites.

The only thing that hangs on Bzpower is the TM Auditions, if and so Bzpower isn't back until October, we'll have the "Auditions" whenever we need to. TM scripts need to be ready, anyway.

As far as I know, we've been Bzpower free (at least MNI), since the BU site had 30 users.

--

Now wait a minute. Why are the Plast! heads developing the page? Spawn is too the CEO of Plast! Heck, LN, is the leader of SMSS. What's so difficult to give them the page to do? Creep's working on the pages, and so is DL. If their so busy, then why shouldn't we do the launch?

If the summer just slips away and everything goes inactive yet again, it would be stupid to comeback next summer saying new stuff.

7KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 10:11 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

I've been trying to get Celu editing rights for the KJP page, but Bioran says he can't touch the AC page.

8KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 10:37 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

But the AC Page is fine, our goal is to do the SMSS page. And I ask, why can't someone else do it if they're busy?

9KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 10:44 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

The SMSS page is fine. The AC page's thumbnails are screwed up and cause fatal errors on Firefox. That's a big issue.

10KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 10:56 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I meant Page one of the actual Book, with Greg's letter and all. Don't we need that? Anyway, LN just made me write the Awakenings plot, for the worst or the best.

11KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 11:17 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

I can do this.

12KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 11:38 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Alright, here's LL's draft of the letter:

I’ve heard the saying, “Legends never die.” I do hope that will prove to apply to BIONICLE.

Credit must be given where credit is due. The LEGO Company started the legend, back in 2001, when the original Toa were released -- Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua. Then books, first by Cathy Hapka, then by Greg Farshtey, were published, pushing the BIONICLE saga to new horizons, up until the very end. Thank you for that.

We don’t regret BIONICLE’s ending, not really. It’s given us, the fans, more opportunities than ever to contribute in a way to such a great story. Films, serials, comics -- we’re creating it all, because we don’t want the legend of BIONICLE to die any time soon. Not when there’s so much unpaved ground to cover.

Thank you, LEGO, for creating such an awesome storyline. We hope we do it justice.

13KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 20th August 2011, 10:32 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Also, Bran and Pur never gave me editing rights to the KJ website.

-Spawn

14KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 3:10 am

Purmou

Purmou

Plast! Chief Information Officer

It's not that simple to have editing rights. It's not like Wordpress where you can log in and if you're an administrator you get this fancy user interface for making new posts and such. This is pure HTML, as in, you need FTP access and an understanding of this coding language to traverse. And it's too hard to create new FTP accounts on Dreamhost. >.>

15KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 5:41 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

I think we'll definitely let more people in to help edit the site, for sure. I'll be hibernating soon and I'm sure Pur would be busy as well, so having a bit of help wouldn't hurt.

That said, both of us would need to be sure that you are capable in the first place. This isn't something about prestige or positions - if you have no idea how HTML/CSS works then you probably shouldn't be able to edit the site, as the tiniest mistake could break the page being worked on, which would take more time to resolve than otherwise.

If you have a basic-intermediate understanding of HTML 4/CSS 3, PLUS current web development and design standards, then I'm sure Pur would be happy to work with you. But to be frank, if all you know is how to type text or position images, then it would be better if you guys could nominate people and then work with them so that we can minimize any potential issues.

I know what I just wrote might seem rather cold and harsh, but once the site goes live, it's not exactly good practice to have certain pages appear broken for visitors, or is formatted differently to the rest of the site because whoever was editing it didn't understand the coding being used, and the visitor would then have to wait a certain amount of time before they are fixed.

----

Now then, progress:

The AC page's been fixed. Hopefully everything is working fine on FF/Aurora and Safari.

I'm still waiting on better content for the Awakenings page, along with the actual Awakenings comic itself. Tongue

SMSG...I believe LN has been working with Pur on resolving some of the issues. Hopefully we can see the end of that in the next few days.

16KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 11:58 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I'm not sure if anyone here has such experience with HTML. How much coding skills does someone need? I, myself, am self-taught to do some stuff, but I'm not sure I can code something complex like a javascript code. Unless I find it somewhere ready. I've been playing around with codes on various places, but I'm not that experienced. I can read html though, and probably won't collapse the code.

Any extra help or link to an internet guide will help me, since I can't find any HTML related books in my close books stores.

So, how much experience does someone need? Maybe some people can gather and go through the basics, so we are sure everyone understands all that is needed? I'm just proposing here.

17KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 12:37 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

I'd love to help but sadly I only use XHTML, HTML5, and CSS3.

18KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 12:58 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Bioran23 wrote:If you have a basic-intermediate understanding of HTML 4/CSS 3, PLUS current web development and design standards, then I'm sure Pur would be happy to work with you. But to be frank, if all you know is how to type text or position images, then it would be better if you guys could nominate people and then work with them so that we can minimize any potential issues.

I know what I just wrote might seem rather cold and harsh, but once the site goes live, it's not exactly good practice to have certain pages appear broken for visitors, or is formatted differently to the rest of the site because whoever was editing it didn't understand the coding being used, and the visitor would then have to wait a certain amount of time before they are fixed.

Is HTML 4 much different from XHTML? If it isn't very different then I would say I have at least a basic understanding of it. As for CSS, I don't know if the type I can use is CSS 3; but at any rate I know how to navigate CSS programming and how classes and IDs work.

19KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 21st August 2011, 7:10 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Granted, I don't have any clue about HTML or whatever. I was just stating for the record that people shouldn't come to me with questions about the site.

-Spawn

20KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 22nd August 2011, 8:57 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Alright, whatever. Point is, we need to finish up here.

Here's a list of what we need:

1. HTML-ize the Origins Chapters. Only the Prologue, Chapter One and Chapter Two have been HTML-ized. I'll work on them, but help is much needed. Basically, all you have to do is wrap the paragraphs around the <p></p> tag, use <em></em> for italics and <strong></strong > for bold.

2. DH needs to finish up the rest of Awakenings. Page three and the KJP page/Topic

3. Fill in anything left over in the site.

Come on guys, at least let's launch before September and School.

21KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 22nd August 2011, 1:31 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Too late.

-Spawn

22KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 22nd August 2011, 4:33 pm

Purmou

Purmou

So to everyone who wants to edit the site: I'm working on a nice backsite feature which will allow you to easily edit the content of the pages without actually having FTP access. Whoever wants to help out will get a username and password (which Bioran and I will both know and have the ability to change).

It'll be up and running very soon.

23KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 23rd August 2011, 12:10 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Awakenings, the launch post and KJC5 seems to be the last major obstacles now. :|

24KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 23rd August 2011, 10:17 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Okay, I will be contacting Dark Hunter very soon about Awakenings.

25KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS Empty Re: KANOHIJOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 23rd August 2011, 10:49 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

God... this DH's last post:

Sorry, for the very long disappearance, but I assure you that I'll get everything done and in before the 21st. Real life has taken over.

Between the 21st and 29th I'll be at Jew Camp, so I'll be gone during that week.

There's no way he's going to be doing anything until the 29th. Either way, we have to make the page for ourselves and relish the two pages we have, or we will just spend the next month/year doing nothing.

There's people who still got free time. I don't know what exactly DH has in his mind, and I don't know if he's got anytime to do it. =/

So let me get this straight -- only Awakenings and the KJC5 seams to be back, right? Wasn't Spawn supposed to launch KJC5?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum