Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KnS Launch Topic

+3
Riglax
Celu
Bioran23
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KnS Launch Topic Empty KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 1:11 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Plast! Executive Chairman

KnS Launch Topic KnFullCombo
In late June/early July, the KanohiJournal (Plast! Productions) were delighted in announcing two new major projects. One of them is Chronicles, with a heavy focus on the production of brand new BIONICLE books, and the other being KANOHI.novus, a project where we invite fans to submit their own content to be indexed, promote fans to create new content, and of course to join us in producing new products and material.

Through support from our partners and eager BIONICLE fans, we have been able to make great progress behind-the-scenes in creating an exciting year for BIONICLE in 2011. Such includes a series of exciting videos as part of the Spherus Magna News Network, see the storyline illustrated in strict-canon comics, tune in to new and exclusive interviews, read brand new fan-made BIONICLE ebooks with exclusive content, brand new additions to the KanohiJournal and more. And today, we are happy to formally announce the first of these works - KANOHI.novus Story.

About KANOHI.novus Story
KANOHI.novus Story's aim is to expand on the histories of the BIONICLE storyline. With BIONICLE drawing to a close and only its story continuing to progress, it is highly unlikely that back-stories of many BIONICLE characters and organizations will ever be expanded on, if at all. As a result, we endeavour to explore these events while creating new storyline additions for all to enjoy.

In brief, what we wish to do with KnS is build up lists of events, with details, and have that canonized. We will then proceed to write non-canon stories based on these events, so the overall project will be semi-canon. More details can be found below.

Why Should KANOHI.novus Story Occur?
KnS' purpose is to help contribute to a healthy, active storyline, and as a result, a healthy and active community. With BIONICLE over, there is now only one person who can develop on BIONICLE's official stories, that being Mr. Greg Farshtey. Unfortunately, Mr. Farshtey has noted in many occasions over the last few months that his workload has increased, along with personal issues which he is currently facing. As such, the storyline will likely become less active, a large problem as it is one of the main aspects still keeping the BIONICLE community intact.

Of course, we understand that there is a certain amount of BIONICLE fans and followers out there who are displeased by fan contributions to the storyline, especially the increasing amounts over the past months, and we are certain that complaints and criticism will occur regarding this project. We would like to make it clear that we understand and respect the opinions of those who are reluctant to see fan contributions, but stress that it is the most efficient, and one could argue, realistic and possible method in keeping the storyline active and hence preserving the community which revolves around it.

A question which will likely be raised in response to this project would be why writing contests can't take its role instead. If we look at a typical writing contest, each one lasts around 3 months, if not more in certain circumstances, due to the time necessary for proofreading, facts-verification and judging/voting. By performing things through this method, we can have active storyline updates regularly and more frequent, while supplying non-canon stories which will be based around these canonized events and facts.

In regards to potential conflicts with planned and potential story contests by various entities of the BIONICLE fanbase, we would like to note that the Plast! Productions department responsible for public relations and contest hosting is the KanohiJournal, and we continue to maintain close relations with all our affiliates and the BZPower Storylines & Theories department to ensure the least possible amount of conflicts. We are also aware of conflicts with the BIONICLE: Untold fan project, an issue which both parties have came to a conclusion on and will be discussed in the upcoming days.

How Will KANOHI.novus Story Occur?
To ease possible worries in regards to the quality of the project, here is how KANOHI.novus Story will function:

1) At various points of the year, we will host polls which will ask generalized questions about what they would like to see in the stories. (For an idea of how this would look like, please check the trial poll we hosted sometime ago titled Short Stories of the Matoran Universe)
2) Through internal discussions, we will develop on possible ideas, which we will then poll. These polls will also contain questions regarding setting, characters, mood and other information.
3) We will then create a basic plan of events, which we will put into a topic in the Storyline & Theories forum for public discussion, lasting 2-3 weeks.
4) We will then evaluate the discussion and produce a more refined plan of events, which, too, will be placed in the Storyline & Theories forum for discussion, lasting one week.
5) We will evaluate the discussion one last time and produce a finalized plan of events, which we will submit to the BIONICLE Story Squad for review.
6) If the plan is approved by the Story Squad, it will be passed onto Mr. Farshtey for approval.
7) If approved, we will then work with our partners at C.I.R.C.L.E. to produce unofficial stories based on this plan. The stories will then be published as electronic books (ebooks) on the Chronicles project, along with a copy of the final plan.

In the beginning, KANOHI.novus Story will focus on the Matoran Universe only. What we plan to do here is create a small storyline covering the MU's pre-Great Cataclysm, and will be done in a serial-like fashion, albeit with potentially longer and more in-depth stories than the ongoing serials. The overarching storyline will be named "The Kodan Chronicles", and as the name suggests, will be about Kodan's experiences as the chronicler of Metru Nui. We think that Kodan is an appropriate choice as 1) he is the Chronicler of Metru Nui, therefore it would be nice to see a bit of his backstory (something we have discussed with Mr. Farshtey on, who is fine with the idea), 2) gives room to feature other entities and organizations which fans have been dying to see, without making it feel too disjointed and such, and 3) allow some of the Toa Mangai's stories to be shown also.

Of course, there will still be independent short stories where an overarching storyline just doesn't work out, and we're toying about with the possibility of keeping Kodan's backstory a mystery, but that will depend on what sort of feedback and criticism we receive here.

Just to clarify, we do not plan on starting this straight-off-the-bat. We intend to let people discuss in this topic over the next few weeks, review the feedback we get, then decide whether we should go ahead and what sort of modifications we have.

How can I help?
There are many ways which you can do to help KANOHI.novus Story.

1) You can actively participate in polls and discussions when the project officially begins.
2) You can help write the unofficial/non-canon stories by helping with C.I.R.C.L.E. (Please note that C.I.R.C.L.E. have their own policies and guidelines.)
3) You can help with releasing the stories into ebook format by helping us on the Chronicles project. To do so, you will need administrative rights on your computer, a word-processing software and other softwares which we may ask you to install.

Alternatively, you can help contribute to the KANOHI.novus and Chronicles projects via the following methods:

• Submit your works to the various KANOHI.novus sections.
  • Join the KANOHI.novus Games production team.
  • Help us draw KANOHI.novus Comics.
  • Help us write new books.
KnS Launch Topic PlastFooter800

2KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 1:17 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Nice!

3KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 1:33 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Just some guidelines for tomorrow: (Sorry for the mess)

ALWAYS STAY CALM. NEVER EVER RETALIATE OR BE PROVOCATIVE.

Sample Q&A:

"Why do we need this?"
"Greg is very busy, hence story will be inactive, hence fanbase will deteriorate etc. etc.."

"How can we be sure that quality will be maintained?"
Stress that "Only events will be canonized."
"We will have multiple discussions with the populace before finalizing it."

and one does not need to read the stories
since they're non-canon

"Why should you guys do this and not others like BS01 etc, etc?"
"KANOHI.novus is aimed towards sustaining the BIONICLE fanbase in a variety of ways and this is one of them."
"We collaborate closely with S&T, Greg, the BSS, and all our partners, who give us our support."

if they start lambasting us in general, say "We are open to constructive criticism."

if they start attacking the BSS
just say "The BSS doesn't really have much to do with this."

4KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 3:37 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Fix'd the links, because the tags here are weird; URL don't requiere "". Tongue

KnS' purpose is to help contribute to a healthy, active storyline,

So we might require a doctor?! Tongue

Going serious now, I have a question.

The "events" will be just some canon events or will we canonize new ones? Or mixed?

Also, I prefer Kodan to be a mistery since it will help focusing the serial into the MU's story

5KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 5:05 am

Purmou

Purmou

Plast! Chief Information Officer

Plast! Chief Information Officer

Riglax Krom wrote:The "events" will be just some canon events or will we canonize new ones? Or mixed?

We've so far only decided to canonize new ones. What do you mean by the former?

-SK

6KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 5:11 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I meant if were we going to include events that haven't really been explained much.

7KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 5:12 am

Bioran23

Bioran23

Riglax Krom wrote:Also, I prefer Kodan to be a mistery since it will help focusing the serial into the MU's story
I'd love to do that also, but knowing how loudly some people will scream, I'll have a look at the feedback first before deciding. Tongue

8KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 5:13 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Uhh. They will. I'm sure. Tongue

9KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 29th August 2010, 10:42 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

I'll help out here. Just event brainstorming as I'm going to be too caught up in the SoM Atlas. This will be a good way to expand on some things. For instance possibly what you guys were saying. The creation of Akilini or the certain details of the Toa Mangai killed by Eliminator. Other events could include Lein, and possibly why/how Takanuva got his Twin Light Staffs and his reason for ditching the Power Lance and Midak.
EDIT: Also you guys need to have Perditus in a story. Pour guy. Has only been in a guide and promo animation.

10KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 4th September 2010, 11:34 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I would love to be a writer for KnS. I love the MU about... a lot more than Spheus Magna and stuff.
Are there any openings?

11KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 5th September 2010, 12:09 am

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

I think there are. Seriously. If you could be a writer, that'd be great. As I have my hands full with Chronicles and won't be writing here, help with KnS would be greatly appreciated. Add yourself to the Kn Team category. And stories will be MU and SM.

12KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 5th September 2010, 4:51 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Dark Hunter wrote:I would love to be a writer for KnS. I love the MU about... a lot more than Spheus Magna and stuff.
Are there any openings?

Lol, like you can't go around saying you are Tongue

Anyways.

13KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 9th October 2010, 5:31 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

So, guys, I thought I re-add this here.

Although, I noticed it refers to B:U. Which doesn't (practically Tongue) exist anymore. Shouldn't you update that?

14KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 9th October 2010, 11:09 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

It does? Quote please. Tongue

15KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 9th October 2010, 11:11 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No, I wont. Just read it for 1 minute, laziness is growing by the second here.
Tongue

Seriously tough.

16KnS Launch Topic Empty Let's get it started in here 11th July 2011, 12:46 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

so guys, with the confusing membranes of Chronicles and novus gone, we can easily start this up. We need to choose a character to back-story create. Once we choose what happened on the backstory, we somehow get Greg approval and write a non-canon story about the back-story. Sounds game? Any idea other than Lesovikk?

17KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 11th July 2011, 1:02 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

First, we need a new name. This can't be brand no more as KANOHI.nous Story, neither KanohiJournal Story. That's just weird Tongue

18KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 11th July 2011, 1:37 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Kodan? I know someone recommended it last year, but the idea's still good.

-Spawn

19KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 11th July 2011, 8:07 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yeah, wasn't there poll about Kodan and KnS last summer?

20KnS Launch Topic Empty Re: KnS Launch Topic 11th July 2011, 8:09 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

That's what I thought, but nothing was ever heard on the subject.

I'll talk to Bran about it.

-Spawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum