Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Era: Planning & Topic

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 11:20 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

The New Era

The New Era is the collaboration of Mata Nui Inc. and Bionicle: Next Generation, with goal to use BNG's scripts to make comics based on the entire Bionicle saga. The modification and theme of the TNE is to create a teen comic adaptation, because a fair amount of BINOICLE fans are right now teenagers.

The New Era is to feature a test comic based on Takua's mission to find the Toa Stones, never to be public or be used as a sample of work, to help us figure out everything.
Layout of the first comic

Later on a series for each saga will be made. Confirmed series:

The Time Before Time (2001,2002,2003)
Unnamed (2004,2005)
Unnamed ( 2006, 2007)
Unnamed (2008)
Unnamed (2009, 2010)

Last edited by The Clue on 30th December 2010, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 3:22 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Ok, we have the script and we're basically ready. We just need LK to make it public in the BNG Forum, like a Global Thing.

3The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 5:01 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Ya. Smile

4The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 5:07 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Okay, an issue has arisen on what the test comic should be.

The two ideas are as follows, The Reign (AKA BNG's The Empire) or LK's idea,

Or maybe just do a comic showing Takua summoning the Toa. It doesn't have to be the Empire. It can be some made up story. Just so that everyone has had practice and we have an idea on what we're getting into. It doesn't have to be released to the public.

5The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 5:17 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Huh, what issue? LK said that ages ago. I don't see what's the problem with the right now test, since it's ready, no need to do anything more.

6The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 5:32 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Issue resolved.

7The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 5:58 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

If we are going to make a test comic I say we go with LK's idea.
I don't see the point in spending all that time on a test comic. (They take a fair amount of work you know)
It should be something quick like Takua putting the Toa stones in place, summoning the toa, and maybe getting a glimpse at Tahu. It's a teaser for the rest of the comics we might produce.

-ultra

UH makes a good point. I think we should actually do this instead of what I said before.

8The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 30th December 2010, 6:21 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Okay, I also like LK's idea, it would be a nice touch since we're starting with 2001m after.

9The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 31st December 2010, 2:29 am

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

I was thinking about how the test comic would go and I made this.

10The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 31st December 2010, 6:39 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Sounds good to me. After Takua lands on the beach maybe he can see Tahu, but he's scared to talk to him.

11The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 31st December 2010, 6:53 pm

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Yean, I wasn't sure how to do this but I did make a few more pages where Takua wakes up on the beach and see'd Tahu.

12The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 2nd January 2011, 6:36 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

So can we get around making the first page?

Secondly, why doesn't LK or some Admin member on BNG, make a GA for TNE planning on MNI..?

13The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 7th January 2011, 8:41 pm

Ultra Tardigrade

Ultra Tardigrade

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Okay three things.
so I got this idea for how we could publish the comic series, we could release them like serial comics, and release a page a day, or we could release an issue monthly.
There are pros and cons of both, but I think the serial idea might be kind of cool and a little more practical as we could let the story go on without the restrictions we would have if we released them in monthly installments.

Also what style of comics are we going for?
I'm leaning towards old school style like the old Marvel comics of the sixties but we could go for a more modern approach.

Lastly, approximately how many frames on a page? Will the page be 3 panels tall or 4?

14The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 7th January 2011, 9:38 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

I like the serial way.

Marvel Style &

4 frames a page.

15The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 8th January 2011, 4:52 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Definitely not Marvel style. How could you even ask that? We are trying to grab teens with teens comics, of course we want modern style comics. By doing 60-styled comics we basically sake TNE's meaning.

16The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 5th April 2011, 4:26 pm

Toa Kinliku

Toa Kinliku

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

I'm new on here, but I've been a concept artist on BNG for a little bit. I can help with drawing if you all need it.

17The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 5th April 2011, 4:29 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Hey, nice to see you man! We don't have any sample art yet, so it could be great if you could draw some for start.

What we need here is teen-like comics, for example Ignition style, the 2006 comics.

18The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 5th April 2011, 4:32 pm

Toa Kinliku

Toa Kinliku

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Cool...I'll try to put something together. Is there a sample script? If so, I might be able to do a 1-2 page layout to "audition."

19The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 5th April 2011, 4:58 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Yep.

20The New Era: Planning & Topic Empty Re: The New Era: Planning & Topic 5th April 2011, 5:49 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

Ignition style? I thought LK wanted the comic to be based heavily BNG models. Did he change his mind?
Nice to see you, Kinliku. We don't have very many artists Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum