Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Sample (Origins's Prologue)

+2
Skarloth
Celu
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 8th October 2010, 6:40 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

“Ehrye?!”

“Yes, Vhisola?” replied Ehrye, Vhisola looked at the Le-Matoran, “You okay? That earthquake was horrible.”

“I’m fine; where are the others?” asked Ehrye.

“I don’t know where they’ve gone”, said Vhisola, “So what do we do now?”

Ehrye was silent for about five minutes, then replied back, “well first we find out where that hole came from,” Ehrye pointed somewhere across the skyline of Metru Nui.

Vhisola turned around and saw a gaping hole in the sky.

A little bit later the two where back together; there were few minor injuries but other than that they were all fine. Ehrye asked, “So, how do we get to that “hole in the universe?”

“Quiet,” whispered Vhisola, “I hear someone, or something.”

The two stood there for about thirty seconds, then Vhisola screamed, “Run!”

Ehrye ran, he was a bit faster than Vhisola; as he was looking back telling Vhisola to hurry. The two stopped running, and Vhisola said, “we’ve lost them.”

“I guess we can walk, hopefully we’ll find a way out.” Vhisola suggested, Ehrye looked at her, “I guess we can,” the Matoran of ice said, so off went they went, walking to that “hole.”

The two had been searching for hours to find a way out; then after 5 hours Vhisola screamed to Ehrye, “I found a hatch!”

Ehrye ran to where Vhisola was trying to open the hatch; he got behind her and pulled with her. The door swung open, them falling back; the two stood back up, they were both hoping they would find a friend outside the hatch. Soon both of them had stepped out; they spotted a tall being not far away, and both Ehrye and Vhisola ran up to a Toa they knew as Tahu. “Toa Tahu, what’s going on?” asked Vhisola, Tahu replied, “we won, we beat Teridax and he’s dead.”

“Thanks goodness,” said Ehyre, “so where are, Tahu?”

“Where on a place called Spherus Magna,” answered Tahu. Later Vhisola and Ehrye were sitting around a fire which Tahu had created; Ehyre asked, “So Vhisola what do you want to do tomorrow?”

“I don’t know, there’s so much to explore now,” replied Vhisola.

The next morning came around; Vhisola and Ehyre decided to explore a cavern that they heard about from a blue toa-looking warrior. “So where again did this warrior say this cavern was,” asked Ehrye.

“She said it was somewhere up ahead,” replied Vhisola; the two walked on for about another 10 minutes.

Then, they reach a hole in a mountain side; the two decided to walk in. When they reached the back they saw a ruin of a large door. “How do we get in?” Asked Ehrye, Vhisola replied to him, “we climb.”

The two climbed over the ruin; when they reached the top they saw a row of entrance to different terrains, volcanic, forest, ocean, and more; “Well lets go,” said Ehrye.

The two had been looking around for about 3 hours not finding anything interesting; then, “Vhisola come here I think I found something!” Yelled Ehrye.

Vhisola immediately ran to Ehrye; inscribed on the wall was a story reading;

“Many billions of years ago, two large spiral galaxies collided. As the super massive black holes collided at the center, a massive blast wave was sent out as well as ferocious jets of matter from the double-black hole, seeding the area around with elements, but tearing apart the galaxy as well. These waves of gases collided with a solar system nearby containing a rocky, barren world called Spherus Magna. The waves of matter seeded it with the necessary elements to form protodermis. Over the years, protodermis formed in the core of the planet and seeped through the surface, turning the barren world into a lush planet full of life.”

Vhisola and Ehrye stared at each other, both wondering what they had stumbled upon.

To be continued…

2My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 8th October 2010, 7:47 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

They talk a lot.

But nice job, Chief. Smile

I think I've already given my thoughts on this one. Wink

Kazi out.

3My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 9th October 2010, 4:09 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

My stuff are in Black. After reading it, it has too much spaces. It's kinda weird how they do those skips, and at some point it say "where are, tahu?" Tongue

“Ehrye?!”

“Yes, Vhisola?” replied Ehrye, Vhisola looked at the Le-Matoran, “You okay? That earthquake was horrible.”

“I’m fine; where are the others?” asked Ehrye.

“I don’t know where they’ve gone”, said Vhisola, “So what do we do now?”

Ehrye was silent for about five minutes, then replied back, “well first we find out where that hole came from,” Ehrye pointed somewhere across the skyline of Metru Nui.

The problem is that the hole is BELOW Metru Nui and not in they sky. That's a canon issue we must fix.

Vhisola turned around and saw a gaping hole in the sky.

A little bit later the two where back together; there were few minor injuries but other than that they were all fine. Ehrye asked, “So, how do we get to that “hole in the universe?”

“Quiet,” whispered Vhisola, “I hear someone, or something.”

The two stood there for about thirty seconds, then Vhisola screamed, “Run!”

Ehrye ran, he was a bit faster than Vhisola; as he was looking back telling Vhisola to hurry. The two stopped running, and Vhisola said, “we’ve lost them.”

“I guess we can walk, hopefully we’ll find a way out.” Vhisola suggested, Ehrye looked at her, “I guess we can,” the Matoran of ice said, so off went they went, walking to that “hole.”

There are some words that need to capitalized. Also it's kinda weird how it time skips, it would probably be better, if they actually started exploring, went below Metru Nui and they actually found a GBs exit, and set off to the other site than the one, everyone are gathered.

The two had been searching for hours to find a way out; then after 5 (THAT IS A HUGE MISTAKE AND IT BREAKS THE FLOW OF THE TEXT. It must be five.) hours Vhisola screamed to Ehrye, “I found a hatch!”

Ehrye ran to where Vhisola was trying to open the hatch; he got behind her and pulled with her. The door swung open, them falling back; the two stood back up, they were both hoping they would find a friend outside the hatch. Soon both of them had stepped out; they spotted a tall being not far away, and both Ehrye and Vhisola ran up to a Toa they knew as Tahu. “Toa Tahu, what’s going on?” asked Vhisola, Tahu replied, “we won, we beat Teridax and he’s dead.”

“Thanks goodness,” said Ehyre, “so where are, Tahu?”

"so where are, Tahu"!!!???!?/!??

“Where on a place called Spherus Magna,” answered Tahu. Later Vhisola and Ehrye were sitting around a fire which Tahu had created; Ehyre asked, “So Vhisola what do you want to do tomorrow?”

Slow down. "Later Vhisola had and she could.." Wow, wow, wow. It's difficult for the writer to follow up. Btw, Tahu is supposed to search for new Atero so, he can't be there with two random Matoran Wink.

“I don’t know, there’s so much to explore now, ” replied Vhisola.

(coma?)

The next morning came around; Vhisola and Ehyre decided to explore a cavern that they heard about from a blue toa-looking warrior. “So where again did this warrior say this cavern was,” asked Ehrye.

“She said it was somewhere up ahead,” replied Vhisola; the two walked on for about another 10 minutes.

Then, they reach a hole in a mountain side; the two decided to walk in. When they reached the back they saw a ruin of a large door. “How do we get in?” Asked Ehrye, Vhisola replied to him, “we climb.”

The two climbed over the ruin; when they reached the top they saw a row of entrance to different terrains, volcanic, forest, ocean, and more; “Well lets go,” said Ehrye.

The two had been looking around for about 3 (AGAIN. DESTROYS THE FLOW.) hours not finding anything interesting; then, “Vhisola come here I think I found something!” Yelled Ehrye.

Vhisola immediately ran to Ehrye; inscribed on the wall was a story reading;

“Many billions of years ago, two large spiral galaxies collided. As the super massive black holes collided at the center, a massive blast wave was sent out as well as ferocious jets of matter from the double-black hole, seeding the area around with elements, but tearing apart the galaxy as well. These waves of gases collided with a solar system nearby containing a rocky, barren world called Spherus Magna. The waves of matter seeded it with the necessary elements to form protodermis. Over the years, protodermis formed in the core of the planet and seeped through the surface, turning the barren world into a lush planet full of life.”

Vhisola and Ehrye stared at each other, both wondering what they had stumbled upon.

To be continued…

I don't lie in a review. It wasn't nice. At the end the rush was so much, and it went like "Walk out of the robot, sitting in fire, go for exploring, wow awesome new story ahead."

It would be better if they just went off the Robot, and explored the area around with, no time skips rather thna just one. It was one day and some events smashed together. It might also have been it was planned to be the Chronicle's Company, so you cot somethin' , but it's still not nice at all, and the quality that Bioran will reject.

My advice Celu, DON'T RUSH. It's something you do, no matter what, and you have adopt that internet character, because you probably get to much excited about it or, I don't know why.

It had too much rush. I wont lie it needs, re-writing. I'll try to make one version. of it. Smile

4My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 9th October 2010, 11:02 am

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

I'll fix that also it's always a comma before quotes. Wink

5My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 10th October 2010, 11:03 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I personally think it should be more descriptive. After Riglax works on it I'll try my hand at editing. Wink

6My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 22nd October 2010, 7:59 am

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

The grammar needs some work. If your iPhone doesn't do grammar, use a computer so other don't have to correct it for the the chapter's official release.

I think Ehrye wouldn't be silent for five minutes - maybe ten seconds.

Is it alright if I try and re-write myself? I feel like maybe, if a few people start writing their own versions, we can take elements from all the stories and make one super-awesome story!

7My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 12:32 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Spoiler:

My version, feel free to improve. Wink

8My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 12:40 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Thanks it takes a lot off me. Smile

9My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 1:13 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Great, I have no complaints. I think it's done you can approve or disapprove, and thanks again for your help. Smile

10My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 3:26 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I've edited the story as well. Tell me what you guys think.

I'm sorry if I changed anything you wanted in the prologue, but it wasn't quite clear on some events, and others didn't seem to be necessary.

Panting heavily, wondering what in the world had just happened, Vhisola stood up. Almost all traces of light had disappeared from the sky... but there were no stars. Nothing but pitch-black darkness.

“Ehrye?” she called tentatively.

“Yes, Vhisola?” replied Ehrye. As Vhisola watched, the figure of the Ko-Matoran came into view out of the shadows.

“You okay?” asked Vhisola. “That earthquake was horrible.”

Ehrye gave her a comforting smile. “I’m fine, don’t worry,” he said. Then he frowned. “Where are the others?”

“I don’t know where they’ve gone... or if they’ve reached the end of the line.” A cold pit settled in Vhisola’s stomach. “So what do we do now?”

Ehrye was silent. Vhisola couldn’t blame him -- she didn’t know what to say, either. During the massive quake, over half of the ground beneath Metru Nui had collapsed. The Matoran had been flung every which way at the initial shaking; and just when they had all thought it was over, another quake had hit, sending their city into darkness.

But the darkness was not quite total. As Vhisola’s eyes scanned the shadows, she suddenly saw light -- faint, but existent. She said to Ehrye, “First we find out where that hole came from.” She pointed.

Ehrye gave Vhisola a look. “You sure?” he asked.

“We’re trapped anyway,” Vhisola answered. “It isn’t like there is anywhere else we could go. This is worth a look, don’t you think?”

Ehrye didn’t answer. He was already making his way across the debris-strewn ground in the direction of the light.

They had climbed down some hundreds of meters already without talking. The way was dark and treacherous, but each time the Matoran almost gave up hope, they looked downward, at the light below, and somehow found the strength to continue on. Already there had been some near-mishaps -- Ehrye had kept Vhisola from slipping down into the abyss twice already -- and Vhisola could not stand the silence before. Turning to Ehrye, she asked, “Where do you think this will take us?”

Ehrye, being a Ko-Matoran, was welcoming the quiet. But he did not want to leave his friend in the dark.

“We can only find out,” whispered Ehyre, “if we continue on.”

It was obviously meant to be comforting, but being a Ko-Matoran, the words had come out rather cold. Vhisola was about to make a reply when she heard something -- a small thump.

“Did you hear that?” she asked.

The two stayed stock-still for several seconds, the only sound their harsh breathing. Vhisola was wondering if whatever it was had gone, when another thump sounded, even closer than before. As her heart leapt into her throat, she screamed, “Run!”

Both Matoran leapt into action, flying down the jagged metal walls like there was no tomorrow. Ehrye was faster than Vhisola; he kept up a flow of encouragement as they went down, not willing to frighten her even more with silence.

It seemed like forever before the two stopped climbing. As Vhisola tried to catch her breath, she strained to hear sounds of pursuit. None met her audio receptors.

“I think,” she panted, “we lost them.”

“Hey,” said Ehrye suddenly, “look down!”

Vhisola looked down, to see Ehrye smile up at her and let go of the metal overhand he had been clinging to.

Ehrye!” she cried, reaching out to him.

But she need not have worried, for Ehrye’s fall was stopped far short of where Vhisola had been expecting. “Don’t worry,” he called up. “The ground is flat here. We will have to walk.”

The two had been searching for hours now, trying to find a way out. It was common knowledge now that they had lived within a humongous robot, billions of times bigger than themselves; but, unfortunately, the ‘Great Beings’ had not been ‘great’ enough to leave any sort of exit sign. At least it was lighter down here; but the cavern of sorts was made of reflective metal, so it was rather difficult to find the source.

Ehrye was pushing through a small pile of debris when he heard Vhisola call. He ran over to where the Ga-Matoran stood. There was a crack in the metal -- and outside was a paradise.

Trees -- grass -- flowering plants -- and beings of all sorts. Some were recognizable as Matoran or Toa; and some were strange to the two Matoran, but not too different from themselves.

For a moment Ehrye’s heart lifted. But then it fell back down. “We can’t get out this way,” he said dejectedly. “There are no tools nearby to open the crack.” It pained him to say it, but finally he forced the words out. “We must find another way.”

The scant light in the metallic cavern was fading as Vhisola and Ehrye continued their search. They had found a hatch, but it was broken, the metal warped so that it could not be removed from its frame. Soon it was too dark for any more exploring; so they both found spots as comfortable as they could get and slept.

The next morning came around, and Vhisola and Ehyre decided to explore another tunnel that the Ga-Matoran had found last night, only to disregard because it led downwards. Now, it seemed that was their only hope of escaping.

“Where did you say this cavern was?” asked Ehrye.

“It was somewhere up ahead,” replied Vhisola, leading the way across a small mountain of debris.

The light in the cavern was slowly getting stronger. As the two Matoran reached the top of the pile, they saw a large, gaping hole -- it did not lead into the paradise they had seen earlier, but into a cave. A few more piles of rubble -- this time metal mixed with rock -- and they had reached a large, artificially-lit cavern. Six tunnels led into six different types of terrains that reminded the Matoran of the old island of Mata Nui: Fire, water, earth, ice, sand, and jungle. It was, in a word, majestic.

There was a way out to the north, but the entrance was half-blocked by rubble. There was fruit in the forested area; Vhisola and Ehrye ate some of that, and then began to search the cavern.

It wasn’t long before they found something interesting.

“Vhisola -- I found something!” yelled Ehrye.

Vhisola immediately ran to Ehrye and looked up at the rock wall. Inscribed on the wall, in the Matoran language, was a story -- no, not a story, but a history. Slowly, Ehrye began to read.

With wide eyes, Vhisola and Ehrye shared a glance, both wondering what they had stumbled upon.

To be continued…

11My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 3:28 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Okay that's the final one! Tongue

Great descriptions, LL. Wink

12My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 3:30 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Celu the Jack wrote:Okay that's the final one! Tongue

Great descriptions, LL. Wink
Thanks.

Say, are you going to be bringing the printed version of this to the Writer's Club?

13My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 27th October 2010, 3:31 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Ya I'll put Rig, you, and me as authors. Wink

14My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 4:59 pm

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

Ehrye is a Ko-Matoran, not a Le-Matoran. Wink

Also, I think you should use characters that haven't gotten much of a mention in story - some Matoran in the Toa Metru promo disks, maybe.

Also, mind if I rewrite?

15My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 6:04 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

TheSkeletonMan939 wrote:Ehrye is a Ko-Matoran, not a Le-Matoran. Wink
I fixed that in my edit. Wink

Also, I think you should use characters that haven't gotten much of a mention in story - some Matoran in the Toa Metru promo disks, maybe.
Hmm... that might be interesting. Perhaps some MNOLG Matoran would do the job?

Also, mind if I rewrite?
That's up to Celu.

16My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 6:16 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

It was posted already so nope.

Last edited by Celu the Jack on 28th October 2010, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

17My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 9:30 pm

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

Celu the Jack wrote:It was posted already do nope.

What does "Do nope" mean?

All I'd do is extend the story and add more details - I wouldn't do anything major.

18My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 9:32 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

I would say 'yes' if I hadn't posted it yet. Wink

19My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 10:00 pm

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

Wait - so it's been published already?

20My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 28th October 2010, 10:06 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Yeah...

21My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 29th October 2010, 3:58 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Celu the Jack wrote:Yeah...
We submitted it for a local library's Teen 'Zine. You know, to get more publicity. Wink

22My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 31st October 2010, 3:12 pm

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

Cool - but we could consider that a draft if we really wanted to. I was thinking a chapter would be officially published by it being placed on this site, or a blog, or something.

23My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 1st November 2010, 12:08 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Actually that is a sample and not a ''chapter''. It says ''My sample'' (Tongue) Jeez, is reading this that topic so hard? I have no other way to actually tell you news. Either you come and check the forum or you stay behind. That's the truth, I'm sorry. :/

24My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 1st November 2010, 10:02 pm

TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

Retired

Retired

I see nothing at all even remotely relating to a library. And what I understood from Legolover and Celu the Jack is that the sample was considered published because they submitted it to a library. I said maybe it didn't have to be official and that could have served as a teaser instead of the real thing. If the first book in a series has a preview for the second book in the series (the first chapter of the book, for instance) in the back, does that mean it can't be changed even if it affects storyline issues? No, it can be changed.

In a nutshell, I have no idea why you linked to that topic.

25My Sample (Origins's Prologue) Empty Re: My Sample (Origins's Prologue) 2nd November 2010, 10:52 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

What? Huh Skeleton read that topic it explains samples! Jeez, so much confusion for nothing. Samples are teasers.

Just, jeez.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum