Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TM Chapter 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TM Chapter 1 Empty TM Chapter 1 7th April 2011, 1:04 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Notes: Here is the first chapter. I think it will be one of the more lengthy ones. It's about 2 times as long as the prologue, although I don't think it will be a problem, because people will be listening to it, not reading it. I tried to use a descriptive style of writing for the narrator(reason for the lengthiness), so as to set up the places, characters, etc. It may need proofreading for some little AC facts which I made up. Please comment and report any problems that it may have.

Spoiler:

I will also be posting MOCs for Gaia, Avi, and Makuta that I made later. Smile

Last edited by GoldenTahu on 9th March 2012, 12:57 pm; edited 11 times in total

2TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 1st May 2011, 10:57 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

RIGS PLEZ REVIEW THIS! Beg

3TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 1st May 2011, 12:17 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I'm not Rigs, but I'm going to post anyway. Tongue

Like you said, it is long; I personally think the narrator's lines could be cut down a little bit, 'streamlined' if you will. Also, I don't think the Elder should have said Kyry would be going. You should've had the other Great Beings vote on it, methinks.

Otherwise, awesome work.

4TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 4th May 2011, 3:49 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

I'm glad you caught the thing about Kyry. I agree it would fit much better if the GBs voted on. Smile

This chapter is about twice as long as the prologue, as I said to set most of the places and characters. Perhaps the narrator could say a bit less, but when I try to take a part away from this, I find that it takes a good element away, or sometimes makes the language more dull and blunt. But if Rigs decides that it should be trimmed, I think it could be done to an extent.

5TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 8th May 2011, 3:51 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Spoiler:

This was excellent work, and I'm totally fond by most of this text. It's exactly as I would imagine it. The only problem is, that Invidior isn't with the GBs. He's a fugitive by now, and probably was forbidden access to the council. Plus, I changed most of the numbers to text. It's a bit hard to read them.

So, this is not approved, until Invidior's role is changed. Move on finally! Tongue

6TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 8th May 2011, 5:14 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

The edited version is now posted.

The Makuta and Avi MOCs should arrive soon.

Also, if the voice actor we get for The Elder is really good(sounds convincingly old), then just change all the "wills" that The Elder says, to "shalls". Tongue

7TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 8th May 2011, 5:17 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's perfect now. Approved by the AC Executive blah blah. Tongue Once auditions end, we'll start recording!

Anyways, what's your other plans for Invidior?

8TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 8th May 2011, 9:21 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

I plan to leave him out of the picture(or in the deep-background) for most of the serial, probably using vague hints(not vague to us Tongue) to remind the reader that he is there. Melkor might keep tabs on him.

In chapter 6, however, I will need to collaborate with either you or the POJ writers, because Invidior needs to be present at when Angonce reveals his designs for the MU(I think it would be best if Invidior were spying on the meeting). Because, as far as I could tell from the POJ plot, Invidior takes resentment at being left out of his own experiment, which leads him to commit sabotage.

And of course Melkor will discover the sabotage in the last chapter(that will be a big surprise to the listener, as he only gets one appearance and a few references). This story is part mystery, and as such the listener will have to pay attention. Tongue All in all, I will leave his story open to POJ, unless you want me to put him in more often.

9TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 3rd June 2011, 5:02 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

I removed references to Iconox in this chapter, because canonically it was built after the Shattering.

10TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 3rd June 2011, 6:04 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Wasn't it an outpost of the Ice Tribe?

11TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 3rd June 2011, 11:36 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

This is all that BS01 says about it before the Core War. Even if it was an outpost, it wouldn't be the capitol, which was what it was called in this chapter until I changed it.

Iconox was the first of the villages to form after the Shattering

12TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 23rd June 2011, 3:57 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

The references and the chamber look fine.

Nevertheless, you except a species that is based on Science to have all shorts of gadgets and gizmos in it. That's my only concern. Maybe they were just destroyed over time. I'll add them on the prologue of TGC, no need to RE-EDIT and wait 5 weeks for me to approve.

So, re-approved.

13TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 15th July 2011, 4:27 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

It's very, VERY long.

That being said, it's good. There were a couple little grammar errors I spotted (nothing that can't be fixed during editing) and a couple canon errors (the Cendox wasn't known as the Cendox during the Core War; that was Crotesius's name for it) but nothing too big.

Your writing style flows along pretty well, and I wasn't left in the dark about much.

-Spawn

14TM Chapter 1 Empty Re: TM Chapter 1 15th July 2011, 5:48 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Thanks very much. Changed the Cendox to Kaxium, which is canonical.

Yeah, it's long, but I guess you can blame that on the writers I read alot(C.S. Lewis and Brian Jaques).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum