Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGC -- Storyboard

+4
Skarloth
GoldenTahu
The Dark Hunter
Riglax
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty TGC -- Storyboard 1st August 2011, 1:18 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

First topic message reminder :

TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Tgc_header_7
Storyboard

"Ah — but that is the ultimate question, is it? What happened to this world? Who am I? Where did the original Elder come from? Who are the Great Beings? What do they want from this world?" - The Elder, the Grand Creation

About the Grand Creation

The Grand Creaion is the third serial to be produced for Ancient Chronicle, the currently leading project of the fan-based organization Mata Nui Incorporated. In-story, the Great Beings' leader, the Elder has been pushing the creation of a testing robot for over a decade, and abusing the Great Beings after his rise to power several centuries ago.

Two Great Beings will decide to put an end to this experiment, as well as this Elder - but they soon find out it's harder than they though. The Elder then assigns several Agori and Glatorian to uncover the truth. Slowly, this team finds themselves digging even deeper than they thought, as they unravel a conspiracy that has been running for eons.

Background

Spoiler:

Storyboard

Spoiler:

Locations

Northern Region

The Northern Region is the area of Spherus Magna north of the Black Spike and White Quartz Mountain, and where most of the Grand Creation takes place. It includes a vast expansion, where the Tower of the Tower of the Great Beings, Magnacus Renata and the Prototype Robot is being constructed.

Magnacus Renata (Valley of the Maze)

Magnacus Renata is the city that is located around the Great Beings' Tower. Ordered to be construcged by the first Elder, the city functioned as a multi-national capital, until it became - not long ago - the primary headquarters of the Fire Tribe. It was then named "Magnacus Reborn", or "Magnacus Renata", symbolizing the Fire Tribe's return to Magnacus, the former kingdom that was located in the same valley. Eventually, it becomes the "Valley of the Maze".

Tower of the Great Beings

Home, spaceship and HQ to the Great Beings, the tower landed to the world thousands of years ago. A whole city has been built around it, as it provides unlimited energy to all its surroundings. Inside it are thousands of rooms, facilities and equipment that have been used by the Great Beings over the eons. By the time of the shattering, all rooms would have been configured to be hidden and unable to be reached by physical means.

Robot Construction Facilities

There are three teleportation-proof facilities:

- the Main construction facility is located within the city, and it's attached to the Tower.
- the control facility is located inside the Robot Platform, attached to the walls; it's where the security team works, it is used as a transportation station between the assembly line and the main facility.
- the Assembly line is based off supports and scaffolds surronding the robot, and it's where the robot is assembled, and a transportation station between the Tower and the main facility.

Robot Platform

A big flat platform, where the robot is being assembled by smaller ones. It is running on the same power as the Tower does, and has at least one building were the security team has established their HQ. ALso, it's possible to quickly access it from inside the city without having to pass through the gates.

Prototype Robot

The prototype is fully mechanical and incorporates none of the nanotechnology used in the Matoran Universe. It had an unstable power source, which was the cause of its destruction. Also unlike the Matoran Universe, there was no spirit guiding the robot, making it non-sentient. The robot does have a number of offensive and defensive arrays, and is capable of emitting power and gravitational beams. It is approximately 27,000,000 feet tall, two-thirds the height of the Matoran Universe.

Magma Complex

An old fortress of the Magma Tribe from Altum Bellum, half of it has been submerged into the ground. It becomes the temporary HQ of Invidior and Osavus.

Other

Storyboard - (Complete overview of the story)
Characters - (All characters in TGC)
Assignments - (For assigning chapters)
eBook Recordings - (Progress on the TGC eBook)

Last edited by Riglax on 24th April 2012, 6:36 pm; edited 69 times in total

16TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 5th August 2011, 10:52 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Ok man, I get it. I was just making a suggestion. Tongue

And when I referred to the Edler's mistakes, I didn't imply that they weren't intentional. I could tell what his character was like. But the question still remains about who the new Elder is.

17TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 5th August 2011, 10:56 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Oh, right. I forgot about that Tongue I was kinda wondering if you'd want him to be in TGC, since the next Elder is most likely the Elder in TM.

About Angonce? I get that, and that's what I'm going to change Tongue

18TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 6th August 2011, 7:09 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Skar, the prologue? Tongue

Status update: Alright! After some delays, and with the help of my bros Celu and LL, I have the official plot for all 11 parts of the serial written down.

Now, I have to literally polish the heck out of the storyboard. And I mean, clean up stuff there and there, reword a lot of bits and correct typos.

It'd be up by tomorrow gents.

19TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 6th August 2011, 9:43 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

Oh god... more revisions. >_<

I have the prologue done, Rig, check the prologue topic. Tongue

-Skar

20TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 7th August 2011, 8:10 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Right. I thought you'd edit the original post Tongue

Also, guys, anyone up for working on Ferveon?

21TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 7th August 2011, 8:21 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

*Raises hand* I am.

EDIT: GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, I didn't edit in that stuff, the digital files and such is pretty much all that needs to be added... and the bit where Invidior rants about his gravity stabilizers and how he was thrown out again.

I've just died in the heat, and I'm not up for any editing right now.

-Skar

22TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 29th February 2012, 6:52 pm

Old Man Isles

MNI Author

MNI Author

I'd like to officially claim Chapter 2, please.

I've already began writing, so getting turned down would be kind of awkward. XD

23TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 29th February 2012, 9:25 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

KNI wrote:I'd like to officially claim Chapter 2, please.

I've already began writing, so getting turned down would be kind of awkward. XD
The correct grammar is "begun". You are off to a bad start, my friend. uh-huh

XD

24TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 24th April 2012, 6:28 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's time.

All The Grand Creation chapters have been posted today. There's one last thing remaining now: assembling a small team of people to read through the entire serial and reviewing it. Since HN and VLD has been reviewing chapters, and LL's acceptance to enter, the team is as follows: Riglax, Legolover-361, ValkyrieLightDragon, HahliNuva. Please state if you'd like to join.

Please, all changes and edited chapters, or problems about the story will be posted here.

25TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 26th April 2012, 4:57 am

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

I don't need to join. I only found the mistakes. I didn't write it.
I will try my best to edit the front cover as soon as I can, but I can't make any promises; I am currently very busy. Hopefully next week or the week after, I will be able to make the corrections. Sorry. :C

Um, could I make a suggestion for future storylines? If this has been decided long ago, then please direct me to the topic, or correct me.
But, why are ALL chapters being submitted at one time? Wouldn't it be a little better if one or two chapters are sent up at a time every week, or something like that? Being a web-based fiction, that's certainly possible, and it allows us to receive feedback on people's opinion on the book as it is being posted. That way we can see what to expect from our audience, but it also allows for some appreciation from both sides.
People are also keen to have the story revealed to them step-by-step, so I feel throwing in an entire book at one time seems a little bit...all-at-once (literally). (I know that's not the case with conventional novels, but web-books are allowed a little more variation) I'm writing my own story on DA, and finding that people are far more 'hyped' for the chapters because they are given a 'cliff-hanger' to get excited about, rather than having everything revealed at once (unless they're late starters).
I don't know...just an idea, I suppose. ^^"

26TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 26th April 2012, 1:00 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Chapters are released weekly on the KJP site, VLD. Every chapter has been written to have an cliffhanger. Also, I didn't need the actual writers, just people who can proofread it for any mistakes that there are xD.

All we have to do now is proofread it one time, so that we make sure everything's alright according to the storyboard and that there are no mistakes.

27TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 30th April 2012, 7:55 am

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

@Riglax: Ah...right, sorry. XP I misunderstood you before. I get it now. :3

Really? The chapters have been posted weekly? :/ For some reason I thought it all came at one time...
I don't know, sorry for the unecessary 'idea'. XD I haven't been here long enough to know that. I'll make sure to double check next time. Tongue

Sorry, I seem to be getting too tired these days. XD

28TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 30th April 2012, 1:05 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Eh, don't worry. I'm going to be clearing quite a few things about Mata Nui Inc and Plast! tomorrow. There's also a major Project in the works.

No, the plan was -- and is -- for chapters to be released on a weekly schedule. However, well fell back on Origins, and didn't keep up with it, and that's why I uploaded all chapters together. I plan to keep a tighter schedule with TGC. Weekly releases it is and it will be. I'm thinking of having Media follow a similar pattern: i.e. one chapter, one wallpaper/eBook once a week.

Side Note: We need to get the reviews going. I'll promise to have Chapter 9 reviewed, but if we don't go on with the full reviews, I'll have to go ahead and do it all myself, then approve the serial and finish it.

29TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 3rd May 2012, 5:28 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

So.

It's been a week or two, and I can't keep on waiting for reviews of the serial. If someone wants to review the WHOLE serial, I'd gladly let them do so. However, I am starting my final overview. I'll finalize the serial within the weekend, meaning no more edits afterwards. Please, if you want to review it, go ahead. Just don't except me to keep on editing chapters months after it's been finalized.

30TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 3rd May 2012, 5:36 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

If you're going to do a full review, can you PM me each chapter after you review it? I could help proofread and make final tweaks (and also fill the role of Devil's advocate during the editing process).

31TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 3rd May 2012, 6:22 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

All edited and finalized chapters will be up in TGC topic tomorrow. You can grab them from there, review them, then shoot them my way. I'll make sure they get updated.

EDIT:

WARNING: We need to coordinate the editing. HN will be editing Chapter 4, and I will be editing all other chapters (including getting Chapter 9 and the Epilogue approved). All sources for the chapters must be drawn from this topic. Also, there will be a small change taking effect as of now: all edited versions of any chapter will be posted in the Storyboard topic. This way, it is much easier to keep track of the editing, but in fact makes much more sense -- the chapters have already been approved, so there is no reason to keep using the old topics.

LL, I'll let you know when all other chapters, except CH4 (which HN says she will have sometime today), are open for you to go grab them. Also, remember: No chapters will be edited in the topic without me overlooking them. Basically, quote a chapter from the TGC topic, edit it, then post your edited version here.

32TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 5th May 2012, 1:24 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Edited:
Spoiler:

33TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 3rd June 2012, 11:42 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

That's all folks. The Grand Creation is completed, and can be found here. All chapters have been updated; LL, do you want to proofread the serial? Remember, I don't want a complete overhaul. If possible, outline me the changes you are going to make to chapters. I dunno how you wanna go about proofreading, but somehow do it. Tongue

How this is going to work? Starting June 15th, TGC will have weekly releases on Fridays; each Friday will come packed with one new chapter, going all the way until August 24th. This is time just right with Project Network's launch. I'll be changing the AC Pages and making a TGC page soon. Here's the program:

Spoiler:

34TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 5th June 2012, 8:30 am

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

@Rig: Are you sure they've all been updated with corrections? I'm finding a lot of errors that I've contributed corrections to, but have not been changed. :/
Or maybe I misunderstood your meaning by 'update' (as usual).

35TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 5th June 2012, 11:19 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Yes, they have. Several corrections you made on Chapter 9 have not been updated because, well, they were sort of wrong. Tongue (but those were about putting commas on the end of dialogues, nothing more). Alll chapters have been fully updated.

36TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 6th June 2012, 4:18 am

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Hm...that's odd. I guess I'll just have to point to the new errors that I'm currently finding....

EDIT: Corrections needed for chapter 1:

"felt more real that"; 'than' insdead of 'that'.

"the robot’s construction begun": 'began'.

I'll be correcting more as I go along.

37TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 9th June 2012, 6:01 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

There are some plot incongruities in Chapter 3 that Rig and I will edit -- namely, involving how Invidior and Osavus didn't return to the Great Beings' Tower to interview their henchmen but interviewed them in the Magma Complex.

38TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 10th June 2012, 4:33 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

@VLD: I'll be sure to have those edited.

@Chapter 3 edits: CH3 was the second ever chapter to be written, and there was little information of the serial's plot. CM must have been confused. Which is, of course, understandable.

EDIT: LL, are you planning on making the modifications to Chapter 3 yourself, or do you want me to do them?

39TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 12th June 2012, 9:31 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I will modify Chapter 3 myself.

40TGC -- Storyboard - Page 2 Empty Re: TGC -- Storyboard 12th June 2012, 9:32 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Alright, thanks a bunch. I'm just very worked up to finish this -- it means we can wash off the serial, and move on. It's delaying stuff at an incredible rate.

That doesn't mean we won't make sure it's good, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum