Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Lein's Tale Story Topic

+4
GoldenTahu
tent163phantoka:toast man
Riglax
Legolover-361
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 5th January 2011, 3:40 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Ac_--_leins_tale_banner_new
Story Topic

This is where the finished chapters for Lein's Tale will go. Once they're posted in the forum, writers can claim one to edit; once he or she is done, another writer can also claim it for editing. When the chapter is through editing, the new version will be proofread and posted here, and the cycle will begin again.

You should discuss what should be edited in the chapters, give suggestions to the editors, and provide constructive criticism for each chapter in each chapter's topic. Only the final drafts of chapters will go here.

CHAPTERS TO BE CLAIMED:

Chapter One: Tyler Durden
Chapter Two: Grant-Sud
Chapter Three: Zarayna
Chapter Four:

No more chapters will be put up until we have their finished summaries, which will be posted here, in the storyboard topic.

PROLOGUE
Spoiler:

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 16th July 2011, 8:31 am; edited 10 times in total

2Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd February 2011, 9:36 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

The first draft of the Prologue is now up! Start reading and editing, guys.

3Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd February 2011, 5:56 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Pretty good stuff there. Maybe we can make it a bit longer? Just to add more happening, ya know, picking up the Plot.

I'll proof-read it later, no time now.

4Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd February 2011, 9:28 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

-RIG- wrote:Pretty good stuff there. Maybe we can make it a bit longer? Just to add more happening, ya know, picking up the Plot.

I'll proof-read it later, no time now.

It could be longer, yes, but I literally whipped it up in twenty-something minutes just to get it overwith. Tongue

5Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 5th February 2011, 2:53 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Kk. I would advise trying to make it a bit longer? Tongue

Anyways I should proofread it soon.

6Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st March 2011, 10:27 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

So the rest of the prologue is now up. PLEASE, if you're a part of the Lein's Tale story serial, post here!

7Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 27th April 2011, 11:04 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

As part of my spree to approve the prologues, the prologue is approved to be the official Lein's Tale prologue.

And because emailing people isn't working LL, I suggest finding the next person that must write Chapter 1, and emailing him directly. To get his mail or the list, just pm me.

8Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 30th April 2011, 11:15 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:As part of my spree to approve the prologues, the prologue is approved to be the official Lein's Tale prologue.

And because emailing people isn't working LL, I suggest finding the next person that must write Chapter 1, and emailing him directly. To get his mail or the list, just pm me.

First off: Coolio!

Second: We never set a list of authors to write the different chapters. I always assumed we'd figure that out as we went along... I guess since the summer (A.K.A. the 'period of no school') is coming up, though, we ought to be able to attract more workers.

9Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 8th May 2011, 10:34 pm

MNI Musician

MNI Musician

I call dibs on Chapter 1. I'll get around to it when my brain isn't as Banana Computer as it is now from all the Awesome Boom of being accepted here, but not whe it's totally Loading....

10Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 8th May 2011, 11:02 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

This looks like it will be good, especially if there is emphasis on the psychological part of the story(Lein's deterioration into crime). The theme music we already have for this(why do we have it again? This won't be a podcast...) fits that nicely. Smile

I do have a question about chapter 2, though. It says that there is an "inflation" which causes Lein to raise his prices to cope. Anybody who has studied economics knows that inflation is the dumbest thing that a government can do financially; it brought the Romans and the French to their knees, and it is eating up America. Now, the GBs are supposedly very wise, and at the time of this story they rule SM, right? Therefore, I propose that either this "inflation" should come from a criminal source(counterfeiters), or we find another trade crises that would force Lein into a bad spot.

11Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 9th May 2011, 1:36 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's for the audiobooks and the MNI Soundtrack.

12Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 14th May 2011, 10:54 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

tent163phantoka wrote:I call dibs on Chapter 1. I'll get around to it when my brain isn't as Banana Computer as it is now from all the Awesome Boom of being accepted here, but not whe it's totally Loading....

Awesome! Remember to check this topic for chapter one's outline.

GoldenTahu wrote:I do have a question about chapter 2, though. It says that there is an "inflation" which causes Lein to raise his prices to cope. Anybody who has studied economics knows that inflation is the dumbest thing that a government can do financially; it brought the Romans and the French to their knees, and it is eating up America. Now, the GBs are supposedly very wise, and at the time of this story they rule SM, right? Therefore, I propose that either this "inflation" should come from a criminal source(counterfeiters), or we find another trade crises that would force Lein into a bad spot.

It's not necessarily "dumb", per se; it's more "desperate". When a government spends too much money, it has to print more money to pay off its debts. While you're probably right that the Great Beings were too smart to fall into that trap, perhaps they found themselves spending a tiny bit too much money, realized what could happen if they kept going on like that, and introduced a tiny bit more money into the economy and let it be. Now, I'm not entirely sure if that would work in a real-life scenario, but it certainly sounds plausible and it would still cause a small-scale inflation.

13Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 14th May 2011, 3:32 pm

MNI Musician

MNI Musician

Nova Nebula wrote:
tent163phantoka wrote:I call dibs on Chapter 1. I'll get around to it when my brain isn't as Banana Computer as it is now from all the Awesome Boom of being accepted here, but not whe it's totally Loading....

Awesome! Remember to check this topic for chapter one's outline.
Yes,sir!I'm working on chapter 1 right now.

14Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 14th May 2011, 6:54 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Nova Nebula wrote:
GoldenTahu wrote:I do have a question about chapter 2, though. It says that there is an "inflation" which causes Lein to raise his prices to cope. Anybody who has studied economics knows that inflation is the dumbest thing that a government can do financially; it brought the Romans and the French to their knees, and it is eating up America. Now, the GBs are supposedly very wise, and at the time of this story they rule SM, right? Therefore, I propose that either this "inflation" should come from a criminal source(counterfeiters), or we find another trade crises that would force Lein into a bad spot.

It's not necessarily "dumb", per se; it's more "desperate". When a government spends too much money, it has to print more money to pay off its debts. While you're probably right that the Great Beings were too smart to fall into that trap, perhaps they found themselves spending a tiny bit too much money, realized what could happen if they kept going on like that, and introduced a tiny bit more money into the economy and let it be. Now, I'm not entirely sure if that would work in a real-life scenario, but it certainly sounds plausible and it would still cause a small-scale inflation.
You misunderstand the word "inflation". Inflation is not a rise in prices, it is the actual action artificial introduction of money into a system. Tongue

Yes, it is desperate, but also dishonest, which the GBs generally are not. If they, as the rulers of the planet, spent too much money, the common sense thing to do woul be to spend less and save more for a bit.

But wouldn't it be interesting if the criminal orgonization that tries to hire Lein was the one counterfeiting the money? That would be a nice twist.

15Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 14th May 2011, 8:34 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

GoldenTahu wrote:
Nova Nebula wrote:

You misunderstand the word "inflation". Inflation is not a rise in prices, it is the actual action artificial introduction of money into a system. Tongue

Yes, it is desperate, but also dishonest, which the GBs generally are not. If they, as the rulers of the planet, spent too much money, the common sense thing to do woul be to spend less and save more for a bit.

But wouldn't it be interesting if the criminal orgonization that tries to hire Lein was the one counterfeiting the money? That would be a nice twist.

1. Isn't that what I said inflation was -- a government printing money and entering it into circulation? And, besides which, inflation does often start because the government needs more money to pay for things. That and taxes (hmm, another idea, mayhaps?).

2. That's the thing: Do we want to paint a portrait of the Great Beings as infallible beings? I mean, we could have most of them behaving like "model citizens", but there should at least be several who are corrupt.

3. I must say, I like that idea. Smile

16Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 14th May 2011, 10:41 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Nova Nebula wrote:
GoldenTahu wrote:
Nova Nebula wrote:

1. Isn't that what I said inflation was -- a government printing money and entering it into circulation? And, besides which, inflation does often start because the government needs more money to pay for things. That and taxes (hmm, another idea, mayhaps?).

2. That's the thing: Do we want to paint a portrait of the Great Beings as infallible beings? I mean, we could have most of them behaving like "model citizens", but there should at least be several who are corrupt.

*gasps at size of quote*

1. Oh, nevermind. Your last sentence in your initial paragraph accidentally said that inflation was "caused" by artificial money. My bad.

2. Hmmm... we do have Invidior and Melkor to work with as "imperfect" GBs; some moral deficiencies(inflation or otherwise) might work well as a precursor to their crimes in POJ and TM.

3. If you like it, make sure to tell Phantoka that before he spontaneously writes chapter 2. Tongue (speaking of which, I have TM chapter 2 partly done. I may finish it tomorrow; depends on my parents plans)

17Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 12:10 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

GoldenTahu wrote:
Nova Nebula wrote:
GoldenTahu wrote:You misunderstand the word "inflation". Inflation is not a rise in prices, it is the actual action artificial introduction of money into a system. Tongue

*gasps at size of quote*

1. Oh, nevermind. Your last sentence in your initial paragraph accidentally said that inflation was "caused" by artificial money. My bad.

2. Hmmm... we do have Invidior and Melkor to work with as "imperfect" GBs; some moral deficiencies(inflation or otherwise) might work well as a precursor to their crimes in POJ and TM.

3. If you like it, make sure to tell Phantoka that before he spontaneously writes chapter 2. Tongue (speaking of which, I have TM chapter 2 partly done. I may finish it tomorrow; depends on my parents plans)

*magically shrinks quote*

In response to 3.: But Tent163phantoka is writing chapter one. Or is that what you meant?

18Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 10:50 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

I was making a joke at how exited he is, that he might just go ahead and write more than chapter one.

19Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 3:22 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

You guys are missing the point. The GBs are too busy doing science, and they don't want to rule the planet. Which leads us back that someone else has the power to control SM's or Lein's Territory's economy.

20Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 4:58 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ah, negligence. Alright, but it can't be complete ignorance of SM's events. But that makes it perfect for the criminal group to counterfeit money.

21Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 5:35 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Never said they don't; just enough so they don't notice.

22Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 15th May 2011, 11:42 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Okay, seeing as I only have unblocked internet over the weekend, you guys will have to continue brainstorming without me for the duration of the weekdays. Next weekend I'll see what you guys have come up with. Smile

23Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 16th May 2011, 2:42 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

All wrong---inflation is government spending that keeps growing and putting the country into debt. Wink

24Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 16th May 2011, 4:31 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

SpamBot wrote:All wrong---inflation is government spending that keeps growing and putting the country into debt. Wink
Off topic-
Spoiler:

25Official Lein's Tale Story Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 16th May 2011, 6:19 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Exactly. That's what exaclty happened with the US economy, whereas Greece for example owns some billion to Europe and lots of countries.

Nevertheless, still missing the point. We haven't got any info on how SM economy was, which means it's open for us to add anything. Since each tribe was separate in SM, it's possible each tribe had some gold, that was equal to her currency. Which means that possibly the Jungle Tribe started printing money to pay off people, inflation occurred, and then you know the rest.

Or we could change all that. As Greg says, Earth laws apply on BIONICLE when we want to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum