Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Lein's Tale Story Topic

+4
GoldenTahu
tent163phantoka:toast man
Riglax
Legolover-361
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 5th January 2011, 3:40 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

First topic message reminder :

Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Ac_--_leins_tale_banner_new
Story Topic

This is where the finished chapters for Lein's Tale will go. Once they're posted in the forum, writers can claim one to edit; once he or she is done, another writer can also claim it for editing. When the chapter is through editing, the new version will be proofread and posted here, and the cycle will begin again.

You should discuss what should be edited in the chapters, give suggestions to the editors, and provide constructive criticism for each chapter in each chapter's topic. Only the final drafts of chapters will go here.

CHAPTERS TO BE CLAIMED:

Chapter One: Tyler Durden
Chapter Two: Grant-Sud
Chapter Three: Zarayna
Chapter Four:

No more chapters will be put up until we have their finished summaries, which will be posted here, in the storyboard topic.

PROLOGUE
Spoiler:

Last edited by Legolover-361 on 16th July 2011, 8:31 am; edited 10 times in total

26Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 16th May 2011, 9:21 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

It may just be me, but paper money, even legit paper money that represents gold, would be a little awkward in Bionicle. Could we have the criminals do what the ancient Romans did instead. They could "clip" gold coins. What that is, is you trim a thin layer off around the edge of a bunch of coins(so they look almost the same), and then melt those layers down into more coins, thus leaving the old coins less valuable. It doesn't take long for traders to figure out what's going on.

27Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 17th May 2011, 10:03 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's funny, because I was actually studying that sometime ago for my history exams (we're doing Roman History in the second grade of Gymnasium).

I'm fine with it, and SM is big enough to have enough minerals to built a golden Earth. They built a robot the size of Earth Shrugs

You'd have to wait for LL's reply, he's is active weekdays, due to Real Life.

28Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st May 2011, 10:16 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:You'd have to wait for LL's reply, he's is active weekdays, due to Real Life.

Right. I'm blocked from using my laptop to go onto sites like this during weekdays; my dad set my laptop's internet connection so I only have free internet access during the weekends (Saturday and Sunday).

Anyway, I think that's a great idea, GoldenTahu. I read about that a while ago in a book about economies past and present. When the traders found out that the gold (or some other precious metal, I forget) coins were being clipped, they raised their prices to counteract that. While I don't think we should have gold coins circulating around Spherus Magna, I do think some other, more "Bionicle-ish" metal could be used for the coins.

Now, as GT said before, I don't think the Great Beings would be up to doing that. But maybe if we place some other beings in charge of money management, that would work better.

29Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st May 2011, 11:32 am

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

How about exsidian metal?

30Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st May 2011, 11:42 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Hmm... wouldn't that be too valuable? And besides which, I picked up vibes from the story that exsidian is a rare material. My guess is people would rather use it for weapons and armor than coins.

31Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st May 2011, 12:00 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Nova Nebula wrote:Hmm... wouldn't that be too valuable? And besides which, I picked up vibes from the story that exsidian is a rare material. My guess is people would rather use it for weapons and armor than coins.
Forgive me is I think that might be a bit mixed up. The best item to use as currency is something that is not easily acquired(I mean less plentiful than dirt an so on Tongue), easy to transport and fairly sturdy(coins). So I would think that exsidian would be used primarily for coins, and rich people would get to make armour and weapons out of it.

What do you think, Rigs?

32Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 21st May 2011, 5:09 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Exactly, so when they start printing fake coins, they won't have as much value. I'd image Existian would be used in coins, and let's say the coins would go up to as much as a 1.000 coin.

33Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 26th May 2011, 8:50 pm

MNI Musician

MNI Musician

GoldenTahu wrote:I was making a joke at how exited he is, that he might just go ahead and write more than chapter one.
Poking fun at me, eh? Also, Nova Nebula, I prefer the t in my name not be capitalized.

34Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 28th May 2011, 11:15 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

tent163phantoka wrote:
GoldenTahu wrote:I was making a joke at how exited he is, that he might just go ahead and write more than chapter one.
Poking fun at me, eh? Also, Nova Nebula, I prefer the t in my name not be capitalized.

It's habit. Names are supposed to be capitalized, so that's what I do -- even when they're just usernames. If you'd prefer, though, I won't do it.

So how far along are you on the first draft of Chapter One? It doesn't have to be "complete", per se; you just need to have the basis of what's going to happen. Descriptions and more extensive dialogue can be added later.

35Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 27th June 2011, 11:31 pm

MNI Musician

MNI Musician

Since I've finished chapter one, I call dibs on chapter 4.

36Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 30th June 2011, 1:21 pm

Zarayna

Zarayna

Retired

Retired

So, I'm doing chapter three.

uhh, how do black market people act?

37Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 30th June 2011, 1:45 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Basically, they're just shady marketers. They might have some sarcastic tones, they're very greedy, stuff like that.

-Spawn

38Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 30th June 2011, 2:35 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Guys, wouldn't be kinda weird if anyone did any chapter they liked? xD

Anyways, go on, and we'll see later.

39Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 10:36 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Wait, guys, who's writing Chapter Two?

40Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 11:08 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Well, tent is layed off for now. You might wanna ask Spawn. Tongue

41Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 1:33 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Grant-Sud's writing Chapter 2, IIRC.

-Spawn

42Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 1:35 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Tyler Durden wrote:Grant-Sud's writing Chapter 2, IIRC.

-Spawn

Thanks for the info. I'll put that up...

43Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 9:30 pm

Zarayna

Zarayna

Retired

Retired

should I wait 'til grant's done before beginning three?

44Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 9:43 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

If you want.

You could just start fleshing out possible plot ideas based on what LL had set up for a chat summary, too, though, so whatever you want to do. I'll get cracking on Chapter 1 Monday.

-Spawn

45Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 2nd July 2011, 9:46 pm

Zarayna

Zarayna

Retired

Retired

k

46Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 7th July 2011, 12:49 pm

The Shadowed

The Shadowed

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

Hey, guys. I'm sorry for not posting here before-I was just waiting to see if anyone needed me to write a chapter. But it looks like chapter four is up for taking, and I feel I should at least figure out what chapter(s) I'll write here before I must cram that planning part in. So, may I write chapter four after Zarayna-san is done with three?

47Official Lein's Tale Story Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Story Topic 9th July 2011, 10:13 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Der Blitzmesser wrote:Hey, guys. I'm sorry for not posting here before-I was just waiting to see if anyone needed me to write a chapter. But it looks like chapter four is up for taking, and I feel I should at least figure out what chapter(s) I'll write here before I must cram that planning part in. So, may I write chapter four after Zarayna-san is done with three?

I don't believe anyone else has claimed that chapter, so sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum