Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Lein's Tale Topic

+3
Riglax
Lord Nektann
Legolover-361
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Official Lein's Tale Topic 31st August 2010, 12:54 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Official Lein's Tale Topic Ac_--_leins_tale_banner_new
Official Topic

Okay, so as the leader of LT, I have decided to hold a brainstorming session for what the storyline will be. A quote from Biosector01's page on Lein should help you guys come up with something...

Biosector01 wrote:Lein was a Jungle Agori living on Spherus Magna, and made a living as a trader. He eventually opened the first trading post in the Great Jungle, at a ford in one of the rivers. The business was very successful, and the ford would later be known as Lein's Drift, after the Agori.

Lein died of natural causes many years prior to the Core War.

Lein was a highly successful trader, and his business flourished because of his skills.

And here's a post from the Official Greg Dialogue giving more information about Lein. I highly suggest you read Greg's answers to these questions, to learn more about Lein's life.

I've put together a working plotline that the Guild Three writers have come up with so far; we still need to work on some specifics, but so far the concept is coming together nicely.

WORKING PLOTLINE FOR LEIN’S TALE

Lein is a fairly successful trader, who works with his girlfriend, Dyra, by the side of a Bota Magna river. Lein makes a nice amount of money, but when an opportunity to make even more appears in the form of a bet, he -- with some prodding from Dyra -- takes a risk. Unfortunately for him, he loses the bet and ends up another struggling merchant.

In order to make more money, he has to start trading under the table; again with some persuasion from Dyra, he begins working with shady black market dealings -- and finds that he’s a natural at it. However, his conscience aches at this choice; and to make matters worse some Glatorian get wind of his illegal doings and seek proof of his involvement with the black market.

At some point his dealings result in a huge forest fire. Lein has to rescue loved ones and everybody else as well, while having the Glatorian after him hot on his tail.

The fire results in the death of one of his close friends. He spends the rest of his life trying to make things right, despite suffering depression and, soon after, a fatal illness. His deeds clear his name, and after death people speak his name with respect once again.

Please go here to help expand on the plot. Wink

So...post away!

Last edited by Nova Nebula on 3rd March 2011, 1:02 am; edited 12 times in total

2Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 1st September 2010, 7:16 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

Even though I'm not MNI, I'll throw my input here.
After all KnS may use some of your stories. Just made...a little more canon. Wink
This could be about the desire for him to set up a trade ford. Though, it would be easier to get started in the black market.
Lein is morally good though, and won't join the black market but there's pressure.
And his girlfriend is part of the black markets.
On his quest to find Lein's Drift, he encounters several Skrall.
And a final run-in...with the black market

3Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 1st September 2010, 8:55 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Lord Nektann wrote:Even though I'm not MNI, I'll throw my input here.
After all KnS may use some of your stories. Just made...a little more canon. Wink
This could be about the desire for him to set up a trade ford. Though, it would be easier to get started in the black market.
Lein is morally good though, and won't join the black market but there's pressure.
The thing is, we have no idea what's canon in the case of Lein. I'm guessing Greg Farshtey won't be expanding on his story, so we're free to do what we want as long as it fits into the storyline.

Also, if we merely focus on his journey to find the perfect place to trade, where will his death fit in?

What you said about his conflict of morals is a good one, but he needs more reason to join the black market than his girlfriend being part of it -- perhaps the idea the Group One writers came up with, about Lein making a bet and losing, thus getting into the black market business to keep the money rolling in.

The idea of the Skrall is interesting... though I'm not sure if they were quite evil back then.

4Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 1st September 2010, 9:04 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Legolover-361 wrote:
The thing is, we have no idea what's canon in the case of Lein. I'm guessing Greg Farshtey won't be expanding on his story, so we're free to do what we want as long as it fits into the storyline.

Also, if we merely focus on his journey to find the perfect place to trade, where will his death fit in?

What you said about his conflict of morals is a good one, but he needs more reason to join the black market than his girlfriend being part of it -- perhaps the idea the Group One writers came up with, about Lein making a bet and losing, thus getting into the black market business to keep the money rolling in.

The idea of the Skrall is interesting... though I'm not sure if they were quite evil back then.

His death was natural. Or he could have been poisoned by the black marketeers. The bet thing is interesting, but his girlfriend wasn't the hole deal. The black market would get him started, give him a buisness and make him rich. But his morals disagree, and he wants money and his girlfriend. And the Skrall were always evil ish. And maybe the Drift was in the Skrall Homeland, and Lein was taking territorry?

5Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 2nd September 2010, 3:49 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No the drift was on a river.

About canon and stuff, I'm working on that Wink

Maybe, someone, forced him to start working on the black market and later, well, became a real criminal.

6Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 2nd September 2010, 11:18 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Lord Nektann wrote:
Legolover-361 wrote:

His death was natural. Or he could have been poisoned by the black marketeers. The bet thing is interesting, but his girlfriend wasn't the hole deal. The black market would get him started, give him a buisness and make him rich. But his morals disagree, and he wants money and his girlfriend. And the Skrall were always evil ish. And maybe the Drift was in the Skrall Homeland, and Lein was taking territorry?
Poisoning isn't quite a 'natural' death, but getting sick is.

I don't think we should get the Skrall too involved; Greg Farshtey has stated that some of the Skrall may have lived around the Bota Magna region, but other than that they shouldn't do too much. Wink

7Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:17 pm

Toa Spirit

Toa Spirit

Retired

Retired

I've just discovered this board.
I had no idea the old board had been Jedi d

Anyway, shouldn't we post a summary of everything we've decided here?

Last edited by Toa Spirit on 5th September 2010, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

8Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:20 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Legolover should have done that already. Tongue

Hi, Spirit and welcome to Mata Nui Inc. 2.0

9Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:20 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Toa Spirit wrote:I've just discovered this board.
I had no idea the old board had been Jedi d

Anyway, shouldn't we post a summary of everything we've decided here?
I'll make a new topic for that -- we haven't necessarily confirmed everything yet, if you see what I mean.

10Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:21 pm

Toa Spirit

Toa Spirit

Retired

Retired

Yeah, but we brainstormed a lot.

11Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:22 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Toa Spirit wrote:Yeah, but we brainstormed a lot.
True... I suppose I should put up at least something, at the very least to show what we're leaning toward doing.

12Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:23 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Yes, guys. Probably, I'll set up a deadline. We need the plans finished. Not right now, but start to get around it.

13Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:26 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Yes, guys. Probably, I'll set up a deadline. We need the plans finished. Not right now, but start to get around it.
I'm as eager as you -- I want to start writing this thing before the month is up. Wink

I'm now working on an 'unofficial' plotline for Lein's Tale. It will be added to the first post of this topic once completed.

14Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:27 pm

Celu

Celu

MNI Board Chairman

MNI Board Chairman

Guys deadline for a finished story bible is October 15th. Wink

15Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 12:33 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No, no! I meant to take it slowly! THERE is no way we start write this month or ever! We need to plan everything out, but I was talking for at least December!

16Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 3:00 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:No, no! I meant to take it slowly! THERE is no way we start write this month or ever! We need to plan everything out, but I was talking for at least December!
Wait, December? At the very least I was thinking November, though it would be nice to start writing October...

I mean, we've gotten a lot figured out, actually. There's a nice chance we will start writing Lein's Tale by next month. Wink

17Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 3:10 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Have you got characters descriptions, have you got a define plan, have you got what will the actual, conspiracy be?

No.

And... we still don't have a define answer about what will happen. Until that comes out my best option is: I give you a deadline and you finish what will it exactly features.

So, yes, I want everything since 25th October.

18Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 5th September 2010, 9:11 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Have you got characters descriptions, have you got a define plan, have you got what will the actual, conspiracy be?

No.

And... we still don't have a define answer about what will happen. Until that comes out my best option is: I give you a deadline and you finish what will it exactly features.

So, yes, I want everything since 25th October.
1. What is this conspiracy that you speak of? Huh
2. Okay then, October it is; I'm just eager to write, is all.

19Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 6th September 2010, 3:58 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Wait there will be none hunting him?

Having problems, and etc.?

You still haven't reached that point. Huh

20Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 6th September 2010, 4:43 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Wait there will be none hunting him?

Having problems, and etc.?

You still haven't reached that point. Huh
Check the first post. I've released what us writers have confirmed so far.

Preliators will be hunting him, but that's less of a conspiracy and more of a struggle to prove he's not in the wrong.

21Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 9th September 2010, 2:05 pm

Toa Spirit

Toa Spirit

Retired

Retired

Guild has a U in it Tongue

Anyway, we haven't had much activity here have we. So here's a thought, in the final showdown or whatever there has to be a forest fire to make it extra epic. And then there's the complications a forest fire brings: he has to save his loved ones and everybody else whilst being hunted by Preliators.

And then after he manages to rescue everybody thats how he redeems himself. Everybody sees him in a good eye again after that heroism.

22Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 9th September 2010, 3:06 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Toa Spirit wrote:Guild has a U in it Tongue

Anyway, we haven't had much activity here have we. So here's a thought, in the final showdown or whatever there has to be a forest fire to make it extra epic. And then there's the complications a forest fire brings: he has to save his loved ones and everybody else whilst being hunted by Preliators.

And then after he manages to rescue everybody thats how he redeems himself. Everybody sees him in a good eye again after that heroism.
Actually, we should have one of his closer friends die in the fire because of Lein's indecision, and to his death -- which isn't too far away after this -- he tries to make things right.

Perhaps his under-the-table trading could have triggered this forest fire in some way?

I thought 'gild' seemed a little off... Tongue

EDIT: Riglax says it'll stay that way. If you want to know why, don't spam up this topic asking here. Wink

23Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 12th September 2010, 9:05 pm

toa ordaku

toa ordaku

Retired

Retired

Sorry that I disappeared for a little while! School can be quite demanding!

So, what did I miss?

Awesome Boom

24Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 13th September 2010, 1:12 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Here

Also they brainstormed some more. Let LL tell you, he knows better.

25Official Lein's Tale Topic Empty Re: Official Lein's Tale Topic 14th September 2010, 1:14 pm

Toa Spirit

Toa Spirit

Retired

Retired

We need to advertise this more. We've only got three out of six people. The later we leave the lesser our chances as people won't want to join a project like this if all the brainstorming and such has already been done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum