Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Their Mistake - Characters

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Their Mistake - Characters Empty Their Mistake - Characters 29th March 2011, 6:03 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Wazup, everyone? I'm GT and I'm new here. Rigs hired me to write the plot and script for Their Mistake. I'm a writer for BNG(the RPG project specifically), and a member of BZP, and BS01, and I'm glad to be working with you all. Now let's cut to the chase, and get to the plot. Jedi

General Story - The Element Lords are created in the GB’s lab(prologue). Spherus Magna is peaceful, and the Element Lords rule it, while the GB’s keep to themselves and their experiments, but they still keep a watchful eye on events. Protodermis is discovered, and the EL of Ice, to the GB’s surprise, claims it for himself. The GBs send ambassadors to the ELs(some of the main characters) to try to resolve the situation. But they are unsuccessful and the EL of Ice begins the war with the EL of Fire, and the others all follow. As the war escalates, 2 Agori are sent to collect a sample of the liquid. After testing, the GBs come to the conclusion of the Shattering. Angonce commissions the building of the Mata Nui robot, based on Invidior’s original design. Eventually, the shattering comes and the GBs all leave except for Angonce.

Now, this is going to be a more character driven story, the reason why the above plot may seem a bit sparse and plain. Here are character bios and what they will do:

The Element Lords - All 6 ELs, each with their own personalities.
Ice- Cold, harsh, and selfish. Cruel.
Fire- Impatient and brooding, yet cunning. His temper is mighty when roused.
Water- Quiet, always looking for the easy path and her own people’s interests.
Jungle- Usually agrees with Water, and doesn’t usually agree with Fire and Ice, as their elements can kill plants.
Rock- Simple, plain, and always states his intentions and what he thinks; easily influenced.
Sand- Has a shifting personality; he doesn’t like adverse situations. He is wary of Water, and tries to predict her thoughts.

They all are territorial and when the EL of Ice and Fire start the Core War, they all become enemies, some with unsteady alliances.

Invidior - A minor character who we see in the first episode, and who we later Melkor discovers of his tampering with Mata Nui; Insane and reclusive.

The Elder (Raeir) - The head of the GB counsel in their Tower. He is wise and calm at all times. Melkor resents him for his banishment, even though it was his plan.

Morkoth - The story’s main villain. He seems reckless and brash, but he is very cunning. He creates the ELs, and is held responsible for the war they start. He is banished, but we find out that this is all part of his plan. He has secretly wanted control of the GBs and SM, and he actually instigates the war, starting with the Fire and Ice EL. During the war(and his exile) he secretly controls events to suit his purposes. When the Great Spirit is being built, he secretly watches Invidior compromise the Mata Nui robot, and after Invidior has put a corruption glitch in the Makuta, he has an idea. He implants a virus in one particular Makuta, Teridax, Angonces original creation, that will not only make him susceptible to shadow, but make him able to form his complex Plan that will bring Mata Nui down. At one point late in the war’s progression(and his plan’s influence over events), Melkor kills The Elder GB for revenge, and fights Angonce after being challenged by him. He fakes his own death in the fight, so that he can enter Mata Nui as he is leaving the planet, so as to observe his devious and twisted handiwork, unknown to anyone. His aims, other than SM domination and the failure of the Mata Nui Robot, are hinted at, but mostly hidden through the whole story, so it can continue in Greg’s serials(Morkorth's that new GB in disguise, dontcha know).

Angonce- The story’s main character. He is youthful seeming(although all GBs are ancient). He is a prominent GB, very honest and morally driven. He is the one who commissions the building of the Mata Nui robot, and forges the Ignika, and tries to counteract Melkor’s devious actions. Angonce is a personal friend with many of the other characters. He is the GB that works the hardest to save SM, and tries to bring back peace. But eventually he turns his efforts to the Mata Nui robot to save what is left of SM. He challenges Melkor to combat after Melkor kills The Elder. When the shattering comes, he chooses at the last moment to stay behind to look after the world until Mata Nui and the other GBs return.

Heremus- A minor character; a GB that is assigned to build the Baterra, who inspirer’s Avi’s new name.

Avi(renamed Mata Nui)- An advanced AI(artificial intelligence) that Angonce created for a companion before the Core War; the counterpart of Makuta(this is where the “brother of Mata Nui” reference comes from). He is always seeking to help, and is cheerful. He helps Angonce forge the Ignika. When Angonce needs an intelligence to control the Great Robot, Avi volunteers. He is renamed by Angonce when Heremus say that Avi will become a the Mata Nui(Great Spirit) of the MU.

Makuta(renamed Teridax)- An advanced AI that Angonce created before the Core War; the counterpart of Avi(Mata Nui). Makuta is loyal to Angonce and does his bidding. He is often more quiet brooding about things than Avi, and will stay silent for a long time thinking about things. He helps Angonce forge the Ignika. He volunteers to be a helper in the new MU. He is tainted by Invidior and Melkor in cryosleep when waiting to be awakened in the MU.

Gaia- The female skrall that Angonce gave increased powers to. She lives with and serves the GBs, and is Angonces best and closest friend. He confides in her even more than his own 2 creations, Makuta and Avi. Because of the troubled times, and her great mental capacity, wisdom, and loyalty, she is offered a seat on the GB counsel. In the background of the story, a personal relationship between her and Angonce is hinted at, and she is immensely sad at Angonces decision at the last second before their departure to stay behind, while she must go on with the other GBs until their return.

Kyry- A fire Agori, a servant to the GBs. He convinces Raanu to help him get samples of the Protodermis.

Raanu- A fire Agori who serves the Fire Lord. He is loyal to the Fire Lord, but he knows that the planet-wide war is not the answer, and he trusts the GBs to an extent. Kyry convinces him to help the GBs, and leave the Fire Lord. He is one of the first to see the newly built Mata Nui robot and the Baterra.

Surel- A minor character, member of the Ice Lord’s guard, and friend to Raanu. Because of this friendship, he lets Raanu and Kyry pass his post to get a Protodermis sample, against the Ice Lords orders.

I'm glad that Rigs liked my plot, because it's been developing in my head for a long time. I will accept and consider any criticism. I look forward to writing this story and hearing it made into a podcast. Smile

Last edited by Riglax on 10th March 2012, 9:41 am; edited 5 times in total

2Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 29th March 2011, 9:10 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

The plot sounds cool, but the way it's written makes it seem like a series summary. Maybe several chapters would suffice?

Otherwise, I think this should work well. I'm not entirely sure about it canon-wise, but it seems well-written.

3Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 29th March 2011, 11:36 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

It depends on how long the chapters turn out to be. The narrator will have more parts in the story than I think my predecessor put in. And we don't know how long the Core War actually lasted, and I'm writing it like it happened in a couple months, a year tops. And it will have a focus more on the development between characters, rather than all about explaining the Core War, although that is important.

And yeah, me and Rigs realized that The Price of Jealosy would be going on roughly the same time as this. So we decided to make sure that Invidior only appears once, and we only hear about his actions once later on. I figure that it could work like Greg's simultaneous serials. While this guy's doing this, this guys does this in other serial and here's about what the first guy did, etc. But I don't want to even have much of that, if possible. That is why I will depend on other writers and editors here to fix anything in this that may conflict with something in AC continuity.

As to canon, I tried to make sure that all of this is plausible and is based on something referenced before in canon. And if it doesn't start out plausible, it will end plausible. I really only made up 2 characters- The Elder and Melkor. And even Melkor is grounded in a recent discovery in The Yesterday Quest, and we know that his motives and intentions are not good. Of course, his name will be different, but we can explain that at the end as him taking a new name. Greg has said that he isn't allowed to explain the nature of the GBs anyway. Look Here

4Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 30th March 2011, 4:24 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

This story is overall what TM needed, because since Aders quit, we never really had any plot.

Anyways, the only problem I could find as a problem would be the Elder. It seams a bit far-fetched, as Origins will be explaining some of the Great Beings, which, nevertheless, might not be the same, but still looks a bit weird. We could possibly work this out, by me talking to Celu, which I'm about to.

Finally, Their Mistake probably is a bigger priority than the Price of Jealousy. The Price of Jealousy is more of conclusion, rather than the next great production.

5Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 30th March 2011, 10:48 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

It's good to see some character framework! Smile Now all we need to do is write the story...

HN

6Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 30th March 2011, 10:58 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ok, now that we had that chatbox meeting, Celu decided that The Elder could fit into the other serials nicely.

I am almost finished with the prologue. Also, have tried to take some hints from my Aderia's old script, especially the character bois of the ELs. No work shall be wasted! Tongue

7Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 31st March 2011, 1:36 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Lolz, my Aderia's. Tongue Alright, I'll call up TN3.0 and Aero, the leaders of Voice Acting.

8Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 31st March 2011, 2:08 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

The prologue is finished, and the storyboards for all the chapters are about 70% finished. Will probably post both tomorrow or day after.

9Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 31st March 2011, 9:36 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

All episode storyboards are done, from start to finish! I can't post them now, because they are written in my notebook. Tomorrow I will type them out and make deh topic for dem. I really amazed myself at how fast I got all those plot details done in one day. Smart

10Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 2:25 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

There is a problem. In Greg's serials, the EL of Water is(briefly) referred to as a "he". As you should know, that conflicts with the EL of Water in TM at the moment. Should we try to change this or just leave it as is and use a bit of artistic license?

11Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 2:47 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Itsa fine. Greg doesn't post story anyways, and he said he's not yet determined which EL is male and which female.

12Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 3:23 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Itsa fine. Greg doesn't post story anyways, and he said he's not yet determined which EL is male and which female.

But the fact that the Element Lord of Water was referred to as male indicates that the Element Lord of Water is, well, male.

13Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 4:34 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Um, as far as I know, BS01 and Greg both says/said the ELs' gender has yet to be determined. If he was briefly, as GT say referred to as "he", it doesn't mean he is male.

As long as Greg's answer is "not determined" then we can choose genders.

14Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 5:58 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Riglax wrote:Um, as far as I know, BS01 and Greg both says/said the ELs' gender has yet to be determined. If he was briefly, as GT say referred to as "he", it doesn't mean he is male.

But did he say "undetermined" about all the Element Lords? Because the Element Lord of Water's BS01 page also refers to him as a, well, him. Until we can ask Greg we should make sure it's easy to switch the Element Lord of Water's gender back and forth, just in case it's the opposite of what we thought.

15Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 6:01 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Nova Nebula wrote:
Riglax wrote:Um, as far as I know, BS01 and Greg both says/said the ELs' gender has yet to be determined. If he was briefly, as GT say referred to as "he", it doesn't mean he is male.

But did he say "undetermined" about all the Element Lords? Because the Element Lord of Water's BS01 page also refers to him as a, well, him. Until we can ask Greg we should make sure it's easy to switch the Element Lord of Water's gender back and forth, just in case it's the opposite of what we thought.
It refers to all the ELs as male by default. And even if BZP comes back up, you can't talk to Greg unless the have made the special sub-forum.

16Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 6:36 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

As far as I can see, they are all neutral (and by that I mean unknown). Greg's last answer was "undetermined", so why not stick with that?

Btw, it refers to all the ELs as males if you take it like that, but it doesn't have a gender on their info box either.

EDIT: HOW DARE YOU GT, HOW DARE YOU NINJA MEEEE?????????

YOU MUST HAVE A TIME MACHINE DAHHAEHWEJAFSFDGRAUET4I

17Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 11th June 2011, 6:48 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Riglax wrote:As far as I can see, they are all neutral (and by that I mean unknown). Greg's last answer was "undetermined", so why not stick with that?

Btw, it refers to all the ELs as males if you take it like that, but it doesn't have a gender on their info box either.
Based on that, I'll keep the EL of water female. It adds more variety anyway.

Riglax wrote:EDIT: HOW DARE YOU GT, HOW DARE YOU NINJA MEEEE?????????

YOU MUST HAVE A TIME MACHINE DAHHAEHWEJAFSFDGRAUET4I
OMG Blink I didn't do that on purpose! lol

18Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 26th January 2012, 11:31 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Okay, just so everyone knows, I've found out that the name "Melkor" is the name of a prominant character in J.R.R.Tolkien's fantasy world, so I've changed the his name to Morkoth. Similar enough.

19Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 27th January 2012, 1:49 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

A'ight, but you really don't have to if you want. I don't think anyone would care; the name is cool anyways. XD

20Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 27th January 2012, 5:15 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Whatever. I'll keep writing it as Melkor, and we'll decide once we have a full cast.

21Their Mistake - Characters Empty Re: Their Mistake - Characters 27th January 2012, 7:27 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Your choice mate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum