Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awakenings

+5
St. Francis
Bioran23
Riglax
Celu
The Dark Hunter
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Awakenings 1st August 2011, 3:50 am

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

First topic message reminder :

I'm just working on the official Awakenings topic in here.

Awakenings - Page 3 Awakenings_page_header_1

What is Awakenings?
Awakenings is a comic series dedicated to the early years and adventures of the Toa Mata, as they trained and protected Daxia, and Karda Nui. The newly formed Toa will start by getting in trouble in their first home, Daxia, where they will be trained by Hydraxon.

'Karda Nui' is all about the Mata fighting the Avohkah, sentient beings of lightning created to prepare Kard Nui for the launch of Mata Nui, but instead have gone mad.

You can join the Art department or the writing department and help in the development of this project.

Awakenings - Page 3 Awakenings_story_header

The Toa Mata were created in Artakha around 100,000 years ago, as a ‘failsafe’ Toa Team.

“Awakenings” follows the Toa Mata’s creation, until they would come to sleep on Karda Nui. Divided into two series, Awakenings will be a drawn comic by the fan organization known as Mata Nui Inc, released on KanohiJournal Publications.

In the first series, called Daxia, the Toa Mata are awakened for the first time in their lives, and learn what means to be a Toa. Incharge of their training will be Hydraxon. He will send them on various deadly challenges, with purpose to master their powers, and collect all the Great Masks need to control the six powers. After completing the training, the Toa Mata will learn what it means working as a Team – but as well as respect the three virtues, Duty, Destiny and Unity.

With time running out, and Mata Nui’s launch coming up, the Toa Mata will arrive in Karda Nui, were they will sleep until they are needed. Unfortunately, by-products left by the laborious preparations to launch Mata Nui, the Avohkah, will go on rampage and try to prevent Mata Nui’s launch by killing the Av-matoran responsible for the launch of Mata Nui and the Avohkah’s creation. The Avohkah are pure lighting energy, and thus are not killable. Only the energy storm that will be created upon Mata Nui’s launch will be powerful enough to stop them.

Is there enough time for the Toa Mata to hold off the Avohkah, so the Av-Matoran can escape and prepare the launch of Mata Nui? Even more, can the Toa Mata reach the Codex and sleep until they are needed? Time will tell, in the first tail of the Toa Mata, before even Time begun.

Awakenings - Page 3 Awakenings_art_header_1
We have a collection of drafts, designs and pages. At first, Dark Hunter designed them to be more set-like, although later on, he made them look more blocky to add a nicer touch. As of late, those are the only real drawing changes. The first page was recently made, colored, and drawn, while the second page has yet to be colored or finsihed.

Drafts

Original:
Preliminary sketch (Colored) -- The original Page.
Mata Redisign Sketch -- The Second Design
Tahu Charging WIP -- A WIP Test
Poses, Actions -- Some actions, and movement

Reworked Pose -- Latest pose
Newer design -- Final Design

Official

Pages:
Page 1

Colored Page One
Page Two WIP
Colored Page Two

----
Awakenings - Page 3 Mni_logo10
----

Awakenings - Page 3 Kjlogo

20/8/11 -- Riglax -- I've updated the story section, but as well as optimized some of the banners, including the KJP and the MNI logo.

20/8/11 -- Derp. This topic is about Awakenings and whatever happens to it from now and on. DH is obviously gone, and for now it's frozen until a new leader is found. Here's comic one script:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Riglax on 17th July 2012, 4:28 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : fix'd errors.)

51Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 26th November 2011, 9:45 am

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Is this still not done?

52Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 26th November 2011, 4:31 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

No progression whatsoever, I'm afraid.

53Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 11th December 2011, 4:12 pm

The Dark Hunter

The Dark Hunter

MNI Board Vice Chairman

MNI Board Vice Chairman

I have been extremely busy with school, my social life, other hobbies, and the fact that I've had ridiculously limited computer access. Also, my interest in Bionicle has dwindled to nearly nothing, so that's been a factor as well. However, I have finally reached some sort of fickle equilibrium and managed to return. I am ready to finish page 3, and I'll be able to do a page/strip a week or every two weeks from now on.
Page 3 will be complete on Friday, whereupon I expect Awakenings to be put back on KJ's front page the I shall post the Awakenings topic on BZPower. For now, the Time Before Time superseries idea will be put on th eshelf until we have artists that can take on the job.

My activity on the forum will be sparse, shoot me an email at darkhunter554@hotmail.com if you need anything, I check my emails regularly.

~TDH

54Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 12th December 2011, 5:14 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

When you need the pages updated, let me know.

55Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 21st January 2012, 3:26 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

My patience is at its end point. Bioran wants progress and I can't give it to him.

For the folks at home, this leaves us with a dilemma.

-Teezy

56Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 21st January 2012, 8:33 pm

admitedly it seems not alot has happened here recently....

57Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 21st January 2012, 8:43 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

lol, yea. Its good efforts from everyone, but there needs to be more prominent deadlines.

58Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 21st January 2012, 8:46 pm

as i have said over at BNG even if we are a site that doesnt pay our members and even if we are all doing this in our spare time. deadlines create a sence of urgency and there for 99% of the time helps things get moving.

59Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 21st January 2012, 9:09 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

Yea, well I run my own company and group of creative thinkers who create videos and enter contests, and they don't get paid or anything. We do it cuz its fun. But I understand that its hard, especially internationally.

60Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 22nd January 2012, 3:58 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Right. I am more delighted to see this moving, except the project leader, The Dark Hunter, and MNI CCO always says there will be progress but then disappears. Unless he gives some short of green light to hunt for a new leader, even temporally - and most importantly give me his storyboards - we are stuck.

I will see if I can get in touch with him by email.

61Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 22nd January 2012, 9:03 am

if he doesnt give the green light to let us search for a temp leader why not just appoint someone to be a temp leader until you do get in contact with him.....its better than waiting around even if he dosnt approve of it atleast something might get done in that time frame.

just saying

62Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 22nd January 2012, 11:40 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

I would, but he's my friend too. I want to be fair and let him know first. Secondly, we currently have no active artist to replace him - it's still going to require for us to hunt for a new leader.

Last edited by Riglax on 22nd January 2012, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

63Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 22nd January 2012, 11:45 am

ah yeh i see the problem there

64Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 22nd January 2012, 12:04 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Don't worry, I emailed him.

65Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Awakenings 23rd January 2012, 4:58 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

I'm a project manager by nature and for my work, so I can help organize in any way I can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum