Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGC Chapter 2

+2
Legolover-361
Old Man Isles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TGC Chapter 2 Empty TGC Chapter 2 29th February 2012, 10:52 pm

Old Man Isles

MNI Author

MNI Author

The Grand Creation
Chapter Two

Raanu burst off at the first sign of the thief- and now attacker. He was propelled by his anger for the assailant. It was as though if he kept chasing, Ackar would somehow survive. Swinging a left around a corner, he quickly caught up. With teeth grit in frustration, the Agori reached out and grasped the thief's cloak. He was just about to pull him back and give him one professional thrashing, when suddenly, he was gone. 

Raanu remembered then that the thief could teleport. 
To Karz with it. he thought, in characteristically anger at the cheap-shot which Ackar had taken.

The thief was gone. He'd probably teleported around an edge, or into a building. For all he knew, he could be running behind him. Or planning an attack. Or a chorus of other things it ticked him off to think about. He knew if Ackar was alright, he could just let it go. There were more important things to occupy his time with.

Pomerax was more than slightly worried.

"Come on, you can't just die like this." he said to the very much dying Ackar.

"Who says?" choked out the Glatorian.

"Look, all you have to do is hold on to life until we have a proper medic look at you."

"One that isn't influenced by the not-so Great Beings? Good luck with that."

"Hush," the Agori ordered, "They'll exile you for that kind of talk."

Even as he said it, he knew exile wasn't the worst case scenario in the situation. Ackar was dying, fast. The stab must've hit something important, as Ackar was both in great pain and in a horrible condition.

BOOM!

All present were shocked to the core by the sudden explosion.

All the way to the forge, Rohkea was troubled by the happenings. Why had Casiria acted the way she had? Magnacus Reborn had no real meaning, atleast,  to her (albeit limited) knowledge. For what wasn't the first time, she wondered what her friend had been doing for all these years. It was beyond her, all of this.

And then there was Angonce. What were the contents of the letter? She could only hope it was in the boundaries of the law. Waking up and finding her friend had been executed or arrested wasn't ideal. Not only was Casiria her key to the city, she was her only true friend in this place. 

"Lost in your thoughts?" a voice came from nowhere. An iron Agori was molded from the shadows. He looked like a common beggar, dressed in rags and caked in dirt. Strangely, no stench of the alleys accompanied him. Interesting, she thought, For someone like him to concern himself with hygiene.

"I asked, 'Are you lost in your thoughts?'" he repeated without impatience.

"Well...yes. Just a bit confused, that's all. And amazed." Rohkea admitted.

"The city has that effect on some people. For others..." he gestured to himself as if to finish his sentence.

Rohkea had never encountered someone with such palpable warmth, especially of the Agori's appeared caliber. It didn't make sense, considering he was a street rat. Maybe some people were just born like that. 

"I've got somewhere to be. I'm so sorry, but I simply have no time to talk." she said apologetically.

The Agori simply smiled.
"The Forges? I have business there as well."

More than anything else he had said, this confused her. How had he known where she was headed? What kind of business did a street urchin have at a forge of such class? 

"How did you...?"

"You must be new here." he said, seeming eager to change the subject.

"Actually yes, I arrived this morning," she replied, "and I nearly got rejected. If it wasn't for my friend, I'd probably still be out there." she didn't question why she shared such information with him. It just felt right. Almost like telling him things he already knew. Like he would laugh and say, "Well of course. I remember, I was there."

She had just registered those thoughts when the Agori began to glow. His cloak seemed to expand, and surround him. Through the cracks she could see he was glowing even brighter, so bright that she had to shield her eyes as to not be blinded by his brilliant radiance. He grew taller, even taller than a Glatorian. 

"You're a..."

"Great Being, yes. I am known formally as Raeir." he finished, his voice more wise than before if it were possible. 

She looked from him to the object in her hand. A letter to Angonce. Taking a knee- it just felt right to do so -she offered the parchment. 

"A letter to my brother? I am afraid he is the one who must accept this, and he alone." stated Raeir. "Speaking of which, you'd better be on your way."

Just like that, he was gone. Back into the shadows which had produced him the first time. Rohkea continued towards the forge, pondering the strange visit.

Were they related? If so, who orchestrated them?

Rohkea made her way through the vast complex that was known as the forge. This was probably the biggest complex she had ever seen, with more workers than even the citadel. In fact, she would venture to believe this was the most well equipped place on Spherus Magna.

That didn't stop it from beginning to incinerate before her eyes. Explosions, triggered by a large one, ripped the complex to shreds. Huts collapsed on their inhabitants, larger buildings crushing the panicking Agori and Glatorian. She was nearly killed by a falling piece of cement, but jumped out of the way to barely dodge her would-be doom. Another Agori was not so lucky. Trapped under a metal shell, his legs were held tight to the ground. She couldn't just leave him...but helping might destroy the letter. She would have to take the chance. Pocketing Angonce's mail, she hurried to the Agori's aid.

She was just able to shove it away while he watched. His eyes were a mixture of surprise and appreciative. With her help, he was able to stand. Not wasting any time, Rohkea got him out of the flaming forge. Laying him against a wall, she collapsed beside him. 

"Rohkea," she introduced, offering a handshake.

"Gallintin." he replied, face full of ash. "I was the chief of that Forge."

Rohkea nodded. She knew she had made the right choice. She would've been clueless if she had run off.

"How do you suppose that happened?" she asked.

"I suspect it was the shady, night-sky-blue Agori running head over heels to get out." He said.

That sounded a lot like the thief she knew. The one that had stabbed Ackar.

"I may know who you're referring to. A similar Agori stabbed my friend earlier today."

Gallintin narrowed his eyes.
"So, an arson is on the loose? We haven't had this kind of trouble in awhile. I'll be the first to guess that the Great Beings are up to-"

"There you are," a familiar voice interrupted. An Agori of the ice tribe was carrying Ackar's limp form, with the help of none other than Casiria. The sight of the small band brought a smile to her face. Said band was not smiling.

"Ackar...he's dying." said Pomerax solemnly.

Suddenly Gallintin stood, rushing to Ackar's body. Tearing his cloak, he used it to stop the bleeding. First, however, he put a clear liquid on it.

"Where'd you get that?" Raanu confronted.

"Forges." Gallintin mumbled, not looking up from his work.

Rohkea had already headed off towards the dark shape. Oddly, he wasn't running. He wasn't even trying to move fast. She sped up. Maybe he didn't know she was chasing him. Grasping the shoulder, she turned him around. "Gotcha!" The surprised Agori spun around. It wasn't the thief, to her dismay.

"Sorry." she said awkwardly, spinning on her heel and bolting back to her friends.

"I can't find the thief." she said, exasperated.

Raanu turned his head to respond, even as the lights of the fire dimmed and winked out.
"I know. I found him." he explained. He motioned to the dead corpse laying against the wall. 

On him, to Rohkea's bafflement, was a scroll from the Elder himself.

Copy the blueprints you have been told about. Steal seven pounds of existian. Then you must destroy the entire complex. 

Each of these orders are vital.

-Elder

She found the blueprints on him. Additionally, his cloak was marked with odd symbols she thought must be of the Great Beings.

"Here, let me take a look at those blueprints." Gallintin requested.

Rohkea offered them up. She was curious, and knew he would probably recognize them. The Agori examined the papers closely, raising an eyebrow.

"These...are for a power source. A massive power source. The Great Beings...must be planning to build something with enough power to destroy Spherus Magna!"

Varonis moved through the streets towards the Great Beings' tower. He didn't particularly like what he was doing, but it had to be done. The traitors had to be exposed. After all, his loyalty stayed with the Elder. He stepped inside, heading towards the office of the Elder.

Once inside, he took a knee. The Elder regarded him with a nod. He expected as much.

"Sir, the traitors...Osavus and Invidior. They plan to destroy your creation. The Elder, strangely, smiled at that.

"Oh, they will try."

2TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 29th February 2012, 11:18 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

As I suggested on the chatbox, I think you should expand this chapter with more visual descriptions. The sequence of events itself seems sound, though.

3TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 6th March 2012, 12:50 am

Creepwave

Creepwave

SMSS Artist

SMSS Artist

Like, dude, I actually forgot about this place. >_<
My apologies...

Anyway, it's really good, I like it.

Off-Topic: Is there anything I can do to help? Like, seriously?

4TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 6th March 2012, 2:40 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

While this is not the actual place to discuss this, you can write Chapter Four XD. Let me know here.

KNI, I shall be reviewing your chapter and letting you know about the edits once I have Chapter One finished. (Should be done by the time you read this.)

5TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 16th March 2012, 10:21 am

Old Man Isles

MNI Author

MNI Author

Eeeeeeeeeddddiiiitttss.

Spoiler:

6TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 16th March 2012, 4:50 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Spoiler:

It could have been greatly expanded; it looked like an expansion of the storyboard version, something I don't particularly like. You have the freedom to explore the city and world yourself, through a central driven plot. That's the whole point of Ancient Chronicle, but it's okay. I've edited it, and it's ready to be proofread and approved.

Also, if you are going to follow dialogue with text, a comma is used. For example '"DIALOGUE," TEXT', and not '"DIALOGUE." TEXT'. Overall, the writing is fine.

Btw, Rohkea isn't supposed to know Ackar was stabbed. She hasn't met him yet. And Galintin's not an agori. XD

7TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 16th March 2012, 5:48 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Edited:

Spoiler:

8TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 16th March 2012, 7:33 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Spoiler:

The Chapter has been approved, you guys can still edit something before the finalization of the serial.

9TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 24th March 2012, 11:57 pm

ValkyrieLightDragon

ValkyrieLightDragon

MNI Conceptual Artist

MNI Conceptual Artist

Couple more mini-corrections:

"Why the guards had decided not to help them earlier, but only response to the Forge's": 'respond' would be better rather than 'response'.

"Pomerax had fail to realize": 'failed'.

"He used his Iron powers to telekinetically sent a bunch of desks and metal": 'send', rather than 'sent'.

"Galintin run as fast as he could, signaling": 'ran' would be better than 'run'.

", triggered by a largeer one": 'larger'.

"been clueless if she had ran off.": 'run off'.

"Everyone glanced at eachother.": Hmmm, I think 'eachother' should be split into two words, unless this is the 'American' spelling. Same goes with:
"Raanu and Ackar gazed at eachother"

"
"It sure as heck looked like that to me. I even got to battle with his Great Being-forsaken face. Who are you guys anyway?" I'm confused. Is this Galintin talking, or Casiria? Either case, Rohkea doesn't need to introduce herself, having already done so to Galantin....unless it needs to be done for Pomerax and Raanu.

"the dead corpse laying against the wall": 'lying', preferably.

"as to what was in them. Galitin examined": wrong spelling for 'Galintin'. Same goes with:
"let me see those blueprints," Gallintin requested."

". The Elder was siting on his chair,": 'sitting'.

Otherwise, all good. Smile Very well written.

10TGC Chapter 2 Empty Re: TGC Chapter 2 25th March 2012, 2:13 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

ValkyrieLightDragon wrote:"It sure as heck looked like that to me. I even got to battle with his Great Being-forsaken face. Who are you guys anyway?" I'm confused. Is this Galintin talking, or Casiria? Either case, Rohkea doesn't need to introduce herself, having already done so to Galantin....unless it needs to be done for Pomerax and Raanu.

"as to what was in them. Galitin examined": wrong spelling for 'Galintin'. Same goes with:
"let me see those blueprints," Gallintin requested."

Bam

Spoiler:

Yeah, she is introducing herself for Raanu and Pomerax. Also, KNI was confused and kept writing Galintin with two Ls. Oh well, it's fixed now. XD

Thanks, nice to have some feedback.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum