Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic

+5
Sparky
Celu
The Dark Hunter
HahliNuva
Riglax
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

1Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 12th February 2011, 3:19 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

First topic message reminder :

Here, you can discuss the progress of the 3D Models, as well as post them. Here's the list of all the stuff you are free to do, and apply for.

Ancient Chronicle 3D Art #1: Element Lords:
Ice Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model (Made by HahliNuva)
Fire Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model
Water Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model
Jungle Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model
Rock Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model
Sand Element Lord - Art Model - MOC Model

Ancient Chronicle 3D Art #2: Angonce & Heremus
Heremus - Art Model - MOC Model
Angonce - Art Model - MOC Model

Last edited by Riglax on 8th July 2011, 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

151Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 5th May 2012, 10:02 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Thanks, GT.

The EL of Fire is done (except for the fire simulation, which I haven't quite learned how to do yet).
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/el_of_fire.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/el_of_fire_with_weapons.png

wow that fire lord looks nice

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It looks great, but a bit empty. Which is understandable, considering the lack of a clear model to begin with. However, when you learn to use that fire element, it will be perfect to cover up all the empty spots and make him look amazing.

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Thanks, both of you. And Rig, that's exactly what I'm planning on doing; however, I have yet to find a tutorial on how to (realistically) simulate fire...any suggestions?

blenderguru has a tutorial on making fire come out of a flame thrower. have a look you might beable to tweak it a bit to get an effect more to what you need

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Alright; I'll have to check it out later, because a video that long would literally take hours to load on my home connection. In the meantime, I'll keep searching for text tutorials and try a few practice runs.

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

That looks like it will turn out nice with fire. Though could we try to make his head a bit more menacing, like this perhaps?: http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/1/14/AOSR_Element_Lord_of_Fire.png

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Hmm...you raise a good point, GT, but I'm not sure how exactly that could be achieved. After all, I'm a modeler, not a MOCist. LOL

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Perhaps a skull-like helmet?

That MOC was made before the ELs' images surfaced, anyway.

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

That could do it (although we'd need somebody to model it). Come to think of it, doesn't the HF set Witch Doctor have a fairly skull-like helmet? It might work (with a few modifications, of course).

161Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 10th May 2012, 4:16 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Yes, that would work nicely. Perhaps make the lower jaw just out a bit less, or take it off altogether and just use alot more of the flame particle effect in it's place(the jaw's).

162Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 10th May 2012, 10:28 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Sounds like a plan to me, although it'll be hard to do much with it until it's modeled.

And because I was bored today, I modeled Ackar's sword (not the set version, the un-powered one that was shown in TLR): http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/ackar_s_sword.png I'll add textures later.

163Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 23rd May 2012, 4:43 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

I've started to model Raginus: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/raginus_wip1.png

164Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 28th May 2012, 12:42 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Alright, if double-posting is bad, then triple-posting is worse, but I've made a major update to Raginus:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/raginus_wip2.png

The rest of the pieces that I need to finish him haven't been modeled yet.

165Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 28th May 2012, 4:31 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Sorry D:

There's just so much going on, I haven't been able to reboot the Media sector. I'll work on that. Just like I've been saying the whole past topic.

Anyway, his upper body and lower need to be balanced. He looks sort of weird. We should also get a modeler to model his helmet after the poster, methinks.

166Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 28th May 2012, 6:11 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

It's alright, I know that you're busy.

His arms will look better once the other armor piece is modeled and added.

167Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 30th May 2012, 3:49 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's just that sometimes things just don't work out properly. Right now, everything just doesn't click, and everything's slower. I'll do my best.

168Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 5th June 2012, 4:49 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

Alright, I'm ready to start modeling Arai, but I have a question: which colors should I use? Because the MOC uses Metru blue and the poster uses Mata blue (and to be honest, I like the colors on the poster better).

169Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 5th June 2012, 5:06 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Go with the poster, since it looks much better.

170Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic - Page 7 Empty Re: Ancient Chronicle 3D Modelling Topic 21st June 2012, 11:36 pm

HahliNuva

HahliNuva

AC 3D Modelling Leader

AC 3D Modelling Leader

*surfaces from an enormous pile of other commitments*

I'M ALIVE!

Theatrics aside, I actually have been very busy lately. However, Arai is mostly modeled now (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Riversong/MNI/arai_wip1.png), although I'm certainly willing to play around with the colors a bit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum