Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissidence

+7
Lord Nektann
Dov Kayranslayer
Skarloth
Riglax
Legolover-361
Razgriz
St. Francis
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 19]

1Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Dissidence 28th August 2011, 9:15 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

First topic message reminder :

Metru Nui. A place where the sun is silent.

I suppose it began when the democratic elections we once prided ourselves on ceased. Turaga Dume declared himself king and abolished the Senate, which didn't really bother us at the time. It was stupid of us, we later knew, but Turaga Dume was like a father to us, and taking that into consideration, we did nothing. Slowly, though, the beings who had once populated the streets with such diversity, such life, had been brainwashed. They were idealists, arresting someone for so much as making a dirty joke in a public area. I know a guy who personally stood outside the police station and tied an RC helicopter to his-well, you get the picture. He's serving twenty years in prison now...or was, before they found him hung in his own cell due to "suicide." You get a lot of that in Metru Nui.

My name is Jolek Highwind, and I was a martial artist/all-around funny guy who wandered around Metru Nui looking to do whatever I could in the name of SCIENCE. After the crackdowns and the growing tyranny, though, I started to lay low. One night, after I heard about a friend's death in a holding cell, I went to a bar to drink away my problems.

This is the part where I meet Castor Troy.

Castor was skinny, tall, brash, charismatic, handsome, funny, and too damn fearless for his own good. He wasn't held down by the limits of normal life; rather, he saw beyond all that and could almost predict the future based on a single choice, weighing the consequences in a quarter of a second. His philosophy in life was that anyone could beat the crap out of him at any time, but the stupid bastard on the giving end of the punches couldn't kill him, because of the two of them, Castor Troy was the one with nothing to lose.

Anyway, Castor and I got to talking about the state of things, growing a friendship of sorts and we were about to leave before Castor punched me in the face in an alcholic brain fart of sorts. Now, being the upstanding martial artist that I am, I couldn't have that. So Castor and I ended up getting into a fight, one that left us both bloodied and moaning in the parking lot. A couple of others came and started their own fights. Most sensible people would consider this the part where you stumble home and try to steel yourself for the hangover. But Castor Troy wasn't sensible, especially when said hangover hit.

He bought the bar with all of his life savings and invited all his friends, many of whom had actually survived prison (no small accomplishment these days) and we started up a fight club in the basement of that dingy Ta-Koro bar. Several others began doing the same thing and reporting to Castor, and in two weeks, we had raised a small army, which he later confided to me was part of a mega birthday present to himself.

He's announcing the purpose of his "present" tonight at the original fight club. He's invited me, his best friend, to help him co-lead whatever it is. Thing is, I dunno if I really want to...

-Jolek Highwind

Welcome to Dissidence, an atypical resistance game. You see, you won't be fighting with bullets or knives...at least, not mainly.

You'll be fighting with humor.

That's right. Your job is to stretch the ruling party of Metru Nui thin with the stupidest crap imaginable, bribe or take out as many cops as you can and show the people that they don't have to be afraid. The goal isn't to win, though that would certainly be great; no, the main goal is not to lose.

You'll be fighting cops, Vahki, and in some situations, yourself. But if you can pull it off, you'll be a legend.

Of course, all legends have to die sometime, right?

Fight Clubs

There are several fight clubs in each Metru. The leader of each fight club is a member of a committee that is based in the center of each Metru, each representing the opposite of that Metru's core value.

Ta-Assault
Ga-Chaos
Le-Isolation
Po-Defilation
Onu-Misinformation
Ko-Panic

Any member of a fight club can fufill any kind of assignment related to these six committes, but they have to be approved by a majority of each commmittee. After all, Metru Nui is a democracy, right? The only people who can fufill an assignment without approval from the committees are Castor and Jolek. Either of the two can veto any decision made by a committee.

Locations

Ta-Metru-District of Fire and industrial leader of Metru Nui. The first fight club was founded here by Castor and Jolek, and it was one of the quickest to spread. Mask makers and blue collar workers slam each other into oblivion in bars all around the city.

Ga-Metru-Peaceful district of Water in Metru Nui. This was one of the last districts to have a fight club founded within its borders, but it's caught on like wildfire. Students and sometimes teachers make up the fight clubs here.

Ko-Metru-Philosophy practically wraps itself around Ko-Metru, leading to pent up scholars duking it out in the fight clubs here. This was the last district to have a fight club founded.

Po-Metru-Creative district of Stone and a fight club safe haven. The fight clubs here are filled with carvers and stone masons who want to get out their unused creative energy.

Onu-Metru-Knowledgable district of Earth. Not as many fight clubs here, but the ones that exist are extremely hard to find. Archivists who want to learn about something beyond museum exhibits and actually experience human contact brawl around the entire basement.

Le-Metru-Bustling district of Air. Fight clubs spread pretty quickly in Le-Metru, and are filled with test pilots who want to control their own lives and don't feel like becoming some wall stain in the Moto Hub.

Factions

The Trojans-Castor Troy's group of fighters and criminals. They're not nearly as open with their identities, but they strike from the shadows, mixing humor, aggression, and the will for freedom.

The Mob-The organized crime on Metru Nui. They hate the government just as much as the Trojans do, but they view the fighters as little more than an unorganized group of street thugs.

The Protectorate of Metru Nui-The government, led by Turaga Dume. They're uptight, vicious, and willing to arrest you for any little thing you do. Pretty much everyone will hate you if you play as one.

-Spawn

176Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:02 pm

Artakha

Artakha

AC MOCist

AC MOCist

IC: Kartah
Kartah was just about to walk back in to get Xhana when she tossed Angel her number. Triggering his mask he got back in the car just before she or Angel saw him. Kartah had to admit that he was somewhat annoyed, though he tried to hide it as she got in the passenger seat.
"Ok," he said in response, "to HQ it is."
Starting up the cop car he headed toward HQ.
"So, who do you think will win? Castor or Nova?"
He had caught their names as he walked up to the door.

OOC: I'm thinking Nova will win Tongue

177Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:18 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Streets of Ta-Metru):

The Devil's Door was soon left far behind as Kartah expertly maneuvered the car through the streets -- a slowly, maybe, but otherwise fine.

"I don't know," Xhana said, propping up her right elbow on the window frame and leaning her chin on the same arm's hand. "Heh, they're both pretty skinny. I can't help but wonder, though, if the quiet guy'll end up the better."

She shook her head suddenly, pulling her arms back inside the car. "Ah, that's nothing cops should be talking about. As long as they don't go on some drunken rampage, we don't need to worry." Going all professional again, Xhana said, "So. This report. I can't help but think it'll be rather empty."

178Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:45 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor

"You okay?"

-Spawn

179Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:48 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"Yeah, man, no sweat," he said. "Just..." His heart beat a little faster; from alcohol or the topic? "...is it just me, or was that girl Angel was flirting with giving me some looks, too?"

180Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:51 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Castor
"Bro," said Castor, leaning in, suddenly bone-sober despite the amount of alcohol he had consumed, "do not focus on that. Trust me, she could have given you a look, and it's probably possible, but she will pass herself off to any guy with a cute face and low expectations the second she gets a chance. Angel will find that out soon enough, but he's dealt with heartbreak before. You, on the other hand, would get crushed."

He leaned back in his chair, hooking the underside of the table with his foot to prevent himself from falling.

"You don't want to deal with that kind of relationship. One look at her spelled trouble."

-Spawn

181Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 9th September 2011, 7:59 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

"Yeah... yeah, you're right." Nova filled his mug with some more of the scotch, took a sip to wash away his discomfort.

Discomfort?

A few more sips and his misgivings were drowned away. "Xhana" became lost in the Toa of Fire's alcohol-muddled mind. The numbness had spread from Nova's fingers down his arms now; the headache he'd been expecting never materialized; and thus he slipped from the conscious world into a realm of jumbled thoughts, emotions, fragments of sensory signals.

This was the one gift over-intoxication could give him: ignorance, and by extension, paradise.

182Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 12th September 2011, 8:36 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

Solis Magna & Solar System Head

IC: Jamnicwo
Mumbling, I walked out of the bar. I wasn't spending all my time in a bar. What a waste of good people with character. As I walked the win turned colder and I hummed silently a song of peace and forgiveness.

183Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 2:24 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Angel

As Angel was making his way towards his apartment, he heard whistling.

Who whistled at night?

He turned and saw Jamnicwo.

He whistles?

He fell in step beside the government mole.

"What's up?"

-Spawn

184Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 2:56 pm

Skarloth

Skarloth

MNI Board Member
MNI Board Member

IC Zone:

The Protobot slowly crept down the stairs that led up into the concealed rooms above the ceiling, stepping off the stairs and proceeding to walk to a nearby table. "I'd like some water, please," he asked a waiter, who nodded, and walked off to fetch him a glass of water.

Zone began to admire the bar, it was a sanctuary in Metru Nui, the new Karzanhi of the universe. He began to wonder what his and Nufac's next move would be, would they try to get off Metru Nui, and head for a safer home? Or would they stay, and help defeat the evil, Dume, mostly, that plagued Metru Nui?

He couldn't finish his thoughts, as his water arrived, he picked it up, thanking the waiter, and downed it quickly.

-Zone

185Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 4:51 pm

Artakha

Artakha

AC MOCist

AC MOCist

IC: Kartah
After Kartah had agreed with Xhana about the Report being rather empty, they spent the rest of the ride in silence.
They arrived at the Southeastern Precinct in good time and Kartah hopped out of the vehicle.
"So," He said to Xhana as she got out of the car. "Whats the Lieutenant like?"

186Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 5:20 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

IC: Jasik

"You're about to find out," shouted Jasik from the doorway of the Precinct HQ.

-Spawn

187Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 6:00 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Southeastern Precinct)

Xhana grinned at Kartah, swirled her finger beside her head, and then stepped into the doorway and in view of Jasik.

The Toa of Fire wasn't crazy -- at least, he didn't mean to be. He was just... rough was the word Xhana used, because Jasik reminded her of a jagged rock that tried to stand among boulders.

At least, if rocks could stand. Sometimes Xhana wondered if there was a poet inside her, waiting to break loose. That'd be rather annoying, writing in language no one could understand.

She flipped a single piece of paper onto Jasik's desk and slid into a seat across from the leiutenant, gesturing for Kartah to get into a second empty chair. Jasik met Xhana's gaze in a look that clearly said, That's it?

"That's it," said Xhana, crossing one leg over the other. "Nothing."

188Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 14th September 2011, 6:54 pm

Razgriz

Razgriz

RPG Forum Staff

RPG Forum Staff

IC:Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

Jolek slammed kick after kick into the bag, each hit sending visible shocks through the entire structure. Unlike a roundhouse from, say, tae kwon do, wherein one hit with the instep of the foot towards the head, the Muay Thai kicks impacted with the shin, usually aimed towards the floating ribs, or just above the knee joint, with an effect akin to slamming someone with a baseball bat.

Of course, in both styles one would pivot the hips for increased torque, drawing more power and momentum from the motion. A full force hit, with all of Jolek's weight and considerable power behind it, power that was concentrated on the rather tough area of bone that was his shin, would be devastating.

In other words, F_ yeah, Muay Thai.

OOC: I don't know why but I really do enjoy breaking down techniques and explaining just why they're so effective.

:3

189Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 15th September 2011, 10:18 pm

Lord Nektann

Lord Nektann

IC: Jamnicwo
"Just retiring for the night," I said. "Not much else going on here. It's time to rest. Long night."

190Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 7:43 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Jasik shrugged, revealing a small part of the ornate tattoo that crossed his chest. There were hundreds of rumors around the precinct as to what those symbols meant, but they were almost certainly powerful; that much was clear from the way Jasik's eyes seemed to glow whenever he ran his hands across them.

"You look good, Xhana. You in love?"

OOC: Mention Angel.

-Spawn

191Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 7:51 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Southeastern Precinct):

She grinned a little, cocking her head to the side to get a better look at Jasik's face. "As always," Xhana said, "you amaze me with your depth of perception," and both of them knew that she was being half-sarcastic. "Athletic guy, not big but thin. Blonde. Singer." She raised an eyebrow in mock surprise. "But I figure you'd know my tastes by now, seeing as you always pry me for information about them."

192Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 7:54 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Jasik grinned.

"Just looking out for you, love."

Then, he stopped.

"Angel?"

-Spawn

193Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 7:56 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Southeastern Precinct):

"Yeah," came her response before she got a good look at Jasik's eyes. "Why? -- something wrong?"

194Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 7:57 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

"Where'd you see him at?" asked Jasik, a grin creeping its way across his face.

-Spawn

195Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 8:26 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (Southeastern Precinct)

"At a little bar around here," replied Xhana coolly even as she mentally frowned. What was Jasik playing at? "The Devil's Door, it's called. But Angel left about the same time I did."

She placed a hand on her hip, giving Jasik her best hurt expression. "I'd like if you told me why you want to know, though."

196Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 8:30 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Jasik stood up, grabbing his jacket and donning it with a grin.

"Because Angel and I haven't seen each other in three years, and I was pretty sure he was dead."

Angel shrugged.

"Night, then," he said, turning and running back towards the bar with his Kakama.

-Spawn

197Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 8:49 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

There was no question about it: Nova was stone drunk.

The table before him seemed a mile away. The floor was tilting -- since when had Ta-Metru drifted out into the ocean? -- and Nova clutched at his chair, dangerously close to teetering and having a quick, painful encounter with the spinning floor below.

A sound left his mouth, somewhere between a groan, a sigh, and a curse, at least to the Toa of Fire's muddled hearing. Next came a hiccup. Nova finally gave up trying to fight the world's rotating and leaned back, shoulders rolling forward into a slump, chin resting on his chest.

How many glasses? Twenty-four? Twenty... twenty-five?

In his blurred vision, a green smudge moved, just a tad; Castor, perhaps, just as woozy as Nova was.

The Toa of Fire reached for the scotch, grasped the glass as tightly as he could; his fingers slipped off easily. He let out another groan / sigh / curse and slumped again in his chair.

He would feel this tomorrow. Most definitely.

IC (Streets of Ta-Metru):

The cop car sped through the streets of Ta-Metru. At the speed limit, of course -- Xhana expected no less of her brilliant driving.

She'd convinced Kartah to stay behind and get some rest, but the younger Toa hadn't looked happy about it. There hadn't been time to argue the point, though; Jasik was eager to get to the Devil's Door.

"It's just around this bend," explained the Toa of Lightning, bringing the car around the corner neatly. "Just ahead now." And she pointed to a plain-looking building on the side. A few cars were still parked outside, she noticed.

198Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 8:54 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel plucked the keys out of his sports car and walked inside the bar, where Castor and Nova were shaking about randomly. Castor grinned at the Toa of Air, causing a massive facepalm on his behalf.

Then, he turned and saw Xhana walk in, and he walked over to her with a grin.

"So, you filed that report okay-?"

"Hey, there, prettyboy. Been a while."

"You can say that again," said Angel with a grin, walking over and embracing the Toa of Fire.

"So, pretty nice place," said the Toa of Fire, looking around. Then, his eyes settled on Castor and immediately darkened.

"Castor Troy. I see you haven't ended up dead in a gutter yet. That's a damn shame."

"Jasik A'ranthee. I see you're still letting schoolkids scribbled on your chest to try and get brownie points with the powers that be."

-Spawn

199Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 9:20 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

IC (The Devil's Door):

Xhana flashed a just-shy-enough grin back at Angel. Jasik and the Toa he had called Castor Troy were glaring daggers at each other; figuring there was nothing she could do, Xhana backed around them, ending up next to Angel Face.

"You staying here long, or what?" she asked. "Cause I'm going off-duty by the end of this hour. Which" -- she glanced at her time-keeping device -- "should be in several minutes."

200Dissidence - Page 8 Empty Re: Dissidence 18th September 2011, 9:22 pm

St. Francis

St. Francis

Plast! CEO

Plast! CEO

Angel grinned.

"If this degenerates how I think it will, then I'd already consider you off-duty."

He cast his grin towards Xhana.

"I've got a ride, if you need one."

-Spawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum