Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Welcome to the Mata Nui Incorporated and Plast! Productions forums. We're two organizations composed of enthusiastic teenagers who want to entertain others. We all want to do stuff, whether it is making websites, creating publications, performing experimentations, and philosophize. Our current focus is to provide fun content for LEGO fans, while reviving interest in the BIONICLE fanbase as well. Here's a few links to get you to know us better:

Mata Nui Inc and Plast! -- Who are we and what we do

All our available content and publications can be found on KanohiJournal Publications (kanohijournal.com). More links on our specific projects can be found in the menu bar or the link that was provided above.

If you are looking to apply as a potential member, please contact us on riglax@gmail.com or bioran23@gmail.com. You can as well join the forums and contact one of the administrators for a job application.

Thank you,

The Administration
Mata Nui Inc. | Plast!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A meeting was held on Saturday March 24, at approximately 10:00 PM EST. The highlights of the meeting have been posted at the aforementioned link. If you have time, please review the meeting highlights.
We need judges for Lesovikk's Hiatus, which has now returned as a fanon contest. Apply here!
Get cracking quickly for now Altum Bellum chapters can be claimed right here.
The Grand Creation serial, part of the Ancient Chronicle saga has been completed. Shortly the serial will be uploaded to KJP -- a big thank you to all the contributors!
WARNING: Custom domain http://mni.supernovafire.com expired. You can all return to the base domain, https://matanuiinc.forumotion.net.
Internet Explorer 9 Users, please turn on "Compatibility View" to fix a glitch that prevents the last few drop down menu options from showing normally.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic

+2
GoldenTahu
MrSciFiGuy
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 24th October 2011, 8:45 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

Hey, so Golden Tahu and a few others know whats been going on, I've just apparently signed onto the site when it was dead a couple times. Anyways, here is the draft version of the topic for the voice acting announcement. Just say what needs to be added or taken out and then we'll be ready to launch.
-------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Now that BZPower is back online and the forums are alive and bustling again, it’s time to jump right into the next stage of production here a Mata Nui Inc. and Plast Productions, which is voice-acting auditions for the serials!
Now, you may ask yourself? Fellow user, how would I ever sign up for such an auspicious opportunity? The process is simple. Below is a list of characters and sample lines (which may be updated in the future) to choose from. Review the lines and get a feel for each persona, play around with your voice and feel cool, then when you are finally ready, set up a quality microphone and record several takes for the characters you have chosen.
There are a few rules and instructions to follow when applying:
• You may only audition for a max of 3 characters. This is to prevent people from auditioning for every part they see, this causes not only a repetition in their auditions, but floods the judges with more work than necessary, and can be quite ignoring.
• When recording your audition, do several takes in the same recording. The easiest way is what is called “ABC” takes, where you recite the lines 3 times, each different and on the fly. Please keep the length of your submission to a reasonable time (no 10 minute auditions for a single character), but have fun! Voice acting includes your whole body, so you will look and feel ridiculous, but that’s how you know you’re doing it right.
• Send your completed auditions to me at MrSciFiGuy@gmail.com or upload them to a site and send me the link via the email.
Characters and sample lines:
Great Beings:

Angonce- "How could it have come to leaving the rule of this, our home, to impulsive beings like them? But I suppose we deserved it, because of our lack of foresight with our radical experiments."

Melkor- "Your new strength has been given to you to more easily rule your territories. Each of you will rule your own people to the maximum of your abilities, and serve that people’s best interest. Now go, and fulfill your purpose."

Heremus- "I appreciate your offer Gaia, but their neural network is not designed to be that complicated anyway. They won’t be made to think, just to do a job."

The Elder- "In my meditations I found that the people of this world do not want a conflict, but they will follow their leaders to any end even so. If a war does come, it will not be one of justice. There will be no right side."

Agori:
Raanu- "He’s not happy at being burned by the Ice Lord, especially since he’s the one who usually does the burning."

Kyry- "Thanks, but that doesn’t provide much comfort when you have six power hungry titans staring each other down."

Metus(only line )- "The Ice Lord. Yes, he will know what to do!"

Glatorian:

Surel- "A grand day, isn’t it? Name’s Surel, of the Ice Lord’s Guard. I hope you don’t mind me going with you a bit. I trust we are both headed to the same place?"

Gaia(a female Skrall)- "The Great Beings had a choice when they made you rulers. Look where that choice is leading now."

Other

Avi(robot)- "Welcome home master! We were able to finish forging your Mask of Power." (if you have a synthesizer to mod your voice that’d be great)

Makuta(robot)- "We followed your instructions, and aligned the atomic structure of the air molecules in the container to your calculations, using the special singe-poled magnets that you found." if you have a synthesizer to mod your voice for this to make it more robotic/metallic *cough* optimus prime *cough* that’d be great)

Good luck everyone and have fun!

MNI Topic:
AC Topic:

Last edited by MrSciFiGuy on 26th October 2011, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

2BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 25th October 2011, 2:46 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Their Mistake Story Manager

Thanks so much man! It's very good, just a few important edits.
MrSciFiGuy wrote:
Hey everyone! Now that BZPower is back online and the forums are alive and bustling again, it’s time to jump right into the next stage of production here a Mata Nui Inc. and Plast Productions, which is voice-acting auditions for the serials!
Now, you may ask yourself? Fellow user, how would I ever sign up for such an auspicious opportunity? The process is simple. Below is a list of characters and sample lines (which may be updated in the future) to choose from. Review the lines and get a feel for each persona, play around with your voice and feel cool, then when you are finally ready, set up a quality microphone and record several takes for the characters you have chosen.

• You may only audition for a max of 3 characters. This is to prevent people from auditioning for every part they see, this causes not only a repetition in their auditions, but floods the judges with more work than necessary, and can be quite annoying.
• When recording your audition, do several takes in the same recording. The easiest way is what is called “ABC” takes, where you recite the lines 3 times, each different and on the fly. Please keep the length of your submission to a reasonable time (no 10 minute auditions for a single character), but have fun! Voice acting includes your whole body, so you will look and feel ridiculous, but that’s how you know you’re doing it right.
• Send your completed auditions to *INSERT EMAIL* or upload them to a site and send us the link at *INSERT EMAIL*

The following sample lines may contain story spoilers, so read on at your own discretion! Note that the only female parts open at this time are the characters of the Water Lord and Gaia. Character sample lines for Their Mistake:
Spoiler:
Also we are holding auditions for narrators. There are different ones, such as for the audio serial Their Mistake where you would be only the narrator, and the other Ancient Chronicle serials where you would read the entire script. Here are samples from Origins, The Grand Creation, and Their Mistake(again, be advised they contain SPOILERS!):
Spoiler:
[links toMNI and AC topics]
There are a few things still. What was the final word on whether we were recasting the Element Lords(Rigs...)? Also we need the MNI email in there of course. We also need to link to the main MNI and AC topics, and vice verse. And LegoLover, could you make a banner for this please to put at the top of the topic?

Last edited by GoldenTahu on 25th October 2011, 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

3BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 25th October 2011, 3:33 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

So, want me to game an email specifically for these Voice Acting auditions?

And just because its been so long, I think it would be better to re-cast for the Elemental Lords. Rigs can always audition again.

As for the links to the separate topics, will that be official link when they are posted on BZP as well? Either way I can make room for them easily.

4BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 25th October 2011, 3:45 pm

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

Poof!

Did someone call for me? Tongue

GoldenTahu wrote:And LegoLover, could you make a banner for this please to put at the top of the topic?

Sure, but what image should I use? -- the same burning planet image we used in the poster?

5BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 25th October 2011, 7:45 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Could the email just be your email, Guy? That would be easy, seeing as you are in charge of judging. BTW yeah just insert the official topic links at the bottom. I'll get the EL lines in there.

LL, nah, get a picture of a Bionicle and put a mic in front of him or something like that(and put MNI Voice Auditions). Feel free to be a little funny. Tongue

6BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 26th October 2011, 12:34 am

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

K, will do.

EDIT: Added the changes. Tell me if anything else needs to be done, and when we get to launch this.

7BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 29th October 2011, 12:40 am

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

So, is this topic good to go? Or just waiting on development of the other topics so we all launch at the same time?

8BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 29th October 2011, 11:26 am

Legolover-361

Legolover-361

MNI COO

MNI COO

I believe you're waiting on the banner, too.

...The wait's over. Tongue

BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Mata_nui_inc_auditions

Should anything need changing, please tell me.

9BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 29th October 2011, 11:37 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

GoldenTahu wrote:There are a few things still. What was the final word on whether we were recasting the Element Lords(Rigs...)? Also we need the MNI email in there of course. We also need to link to the main MNI and AC topics, and vice verse. And LegoLover, could you make a banner for this please to put at the top of the topic?

DID SOMEONE CALL ME?

ohwait it's been like years since you posted that lol

Anyway. To be clear, there won't be a Mata Nui Inc topic by itself. Who will be interested in that? People want to see our projects, not our flashy titles. (yeah they are sweet I know)

The MNI email is matanuinc@gmail.com, ironically. I should try to see that up as matanuinc@kanohijournal.com, huh? (well, shut up. my computer had a virus and I lost access to my files)

The AC Topic has been here since Day One, and needs revival. Unfortunately, I can't give you a defined answer yet. All my MNI files are on my PC, which is not currently under my possession.

Here's an edited version of the topic:

BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Mata_nui_inc_auditions

----

• You may only audition for a max of 3 characters. This is to prevent people from auditioning for every part they see, this causes not only a repetition in their auditions, but floods the judges with more work than necessary, and can be quite annoying.
• Send your completed auditions to matanuinc@gmail.com or upload them to a site and send us the link at matanuinc@gmail.com.

The following sample lines may contain story spoilers, so read on at your own discretion! Note that the only female parts open at this time are the characters of the Water Lord and Gaia. Character sample lines for Their Mistake:
Spoiler:
Also we are holding auditions for narrators. There are different ones, such as for the audio serial Their Mistake where you would be only the narrator, and the other Ancient Chronicle serials where you would read the entire script. Here are samples from Origins, The Grand Creation, and Their Mistake(again, be advised they contain SPOILERS!):
Spoiler:

----

Read more at: Ancient Chronicle

----

BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Mni_logo11

----

BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Kjlogo

I should also mention that Spoilers can't be used for anything more than Spoilers. Plus, the size of the lines must be changed to "5" when posted on Bzpower.

10BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 29th October 2011, 4:52 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ok that draft looks great, and I think we should just keep that email the same for now, so people don't get confused.

11BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 29th October 2011, 11:44 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

k, so...the mni email then? And besides the format of posting on bzp, it looks like its all set.

12BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 30th October 2011, 3:12 am

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

What same email? I've already placed the email there, adding the option for emails to be sent through kanohijournal.com is something that I will take care later.

Anyway, I'm going to pm you guys the password for the MNI email. (Keep to yourselves, please)

EDIT: WHOA, I just checked the email. WE ALREADY have an audition, it was sent today. I've also missed a dude asking for other stuff.

I always forget to check it >_<

13BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 30th October 2011, 3:01 pm

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

lol. K

14BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 30th October 2011, 3:49 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ok so the topic is posted. Are there any judges beside Guy? Oh and what's the deadline(should we have one)?

15BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 30th October 2011, 5:18 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

It's up to you whenever we should have a deadline.

16BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 31st October 2011, 2:57 am

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

Deadlines, especially for the voice-acting, should be no longer than two weeks. Based on the amount of characters, I can be the only judge, unless one other wants to do it with me and we collaborate on final decisions.

17BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 31st October 2011, 7:50 pm

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

MNI Author, MOCist, Musician

MNI Author, MOCist, Musician

So...uh... the topic's been closed. Should we just move it into another section of the main topic or what?

18BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 1st November 2011, 3:26 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

&$#%*! How the heck are we going to put that in the main topic without freaking spoilers!? $%#@!

Rigs, for now could you just do it so we can keep getting auditions?

19BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 1st November 2011, 5:28 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Alright, dudes, next time, before going ahead and posting everything right away, just inform me. The topic getting closed isn't exactly the best thing we could have done. We ought to be a little more professional, okay?

Also, GT, that last post over there in the AC Topic doesn't really show we are organized... I suggest keeping the planning of how we work on the topics, well, here? XD

The Auditions weren't planned to have a topic by themselves whatsoever, so yeah. A topic for them was pretty much useless; it was best if they were announced in the KJP Blog, our blogs, or the main topic to capture various people who are interested.

Remember, the Auditions aren't just a randomly set up thing, they need some pre-planning before just going ahead and posting. By that, I don't mean days and ages of planning what to do; some basic deadlines and organization.

So, how about this: I will work with Legolover on how we should approach the Auditions as a public event, and you figure out how to take care of the auditions and the deadlines they should have. Side ways, you can edit in in the AC Topic we are still receiving auditions.

Once we figure this out, we are good to go and start announcing stuff. We are way behind schedule, and coordinating this event isn't that easy. People ARE interested. We just have to find the best way to approach this.

20BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 2nd November 2011, 12:54 am

MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy

AC Voice Acting Leader

AC Voice Acting Leader

Cool, just keep me posted or ask for any help I can offer.

21BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 2nd November 2011, 12:54 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Well, I wish you had told me there wasn't supposed to be an actual auditioning topic when WE WERE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR WEEKS.

As for the deadline though, 2 weeks seems like enough time once we officially re-open it.

22BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 6th November 2011, 1:03 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Alright, sorry. I didn't except you would post that fast. Anyway, since LL's being kinda vague, I guess I should just get on with what I was thinking; we can all post it in our blogs, I'll update the KJP Blog, and we can try to advertise it as much as possible.

23BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 6th November 2011, 4:16 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Ok that's good, and put a link to that blog post in the AC topic under the media section.

24BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 1st December 2011, 4:34 pm

Riglax

Riglax

MNI CEO

MNI CEO

Darnit, I blame the on-existent progress at School.

Anyway, GT, ma man, is this list up-to-the-date?

Narrator: Tahu Nuva 3.0
The Elder: AVAILABLE
Melkor: AVAILABLE
Angonce: AVAILABLE
Heremus: The Warrior of Jupiter
Avi (Mata Nui): AVAILABLE
Makuta (Teridax): AVAILABLE
Gaia: AVAILABLE
Kyry: AVAILABLE
Raanu: AVAILABLE
Surel: GoldenTahu
Element Lord of Fire: AVAILABLE
Element Lord of Water: Legolover-361
Element Lord of Jungle: AVAILABLE
Element Lord of Sand: Celu
Element Lord of Rock: The Dark Hunter
Element Lord of Ice: AVAILABLE
Various Roles: AVAILABLE

It's what I have. I've also been doing as much as preparations as I can for the Auditions.

25BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic Empty Re: BZP Voice Acting Draft Topic 1st December 2011, 9:39 pm

GoldenTahu

GoldenTahu

Didn't we clear up that issue about the EL of Water being female?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum